What did you learn today? Part II

The biggest money tree going right now is what is being wasted on elections. You notice how that fruit only falls to a bunch of people none of us know?
If they want to buy my vote where's my money for it?
If they are spending that money with no guaranteed votes why don't they all just send me checks and I will vote how I want anyway.
Why waste all those resources cluttering up our mental and physical environment.

Last edited:
The biggest money tree going right now is what is being wasted on elections. You notice how that fruit only falls to a bunch of people none of us know?
If they want to buy my vote where's my money for it?
If they are spending that money with no guaranteed votes why don't they all just send me checks and I will vote how I want anyway.
Why waste all those resources cluttering up our mental and physical environment.

I would rather see political ads on TV than ads for prescription drugs.

Prescription Drugs and Political Ads...hate 'em too...and that dang Life Alert video!...don't be fooled by it!...as I did call...wanted to know if my Insurance would pay for it...gave me the run-around...asking if I had a credit card or a debit card???...then saying..."well, maybe some Insurance co.'s will reimburse"...then said the 15-minute presentation would be "a waste of his time" since I would not use my credit card...

I'd rather see ZERO ads... Prescription ads came along not long after cigarette ads were banned or stopped being promoted.

All ads are (for anything) is a disguised way of subtly convincing to spend money or do something without bothering to do research.

What I would rather see is that MONEY is taken OUT of political campaigning. I don't remember seeing this much advertising and this much campaigning (YEARS in advance?!!) growing up and in my teens. I've read that in Europe their campaign period is very short.. months as compared to more than 6 months to... practically 4 years in some instances.

them ads are soooo annoying! I heard that... was it Japan or China... Loves ADS.... they can have them! :D

When I posted the above I was thinking of an either or situation. A matter of having one or the other. I would rather see a political ad than a prescription ad.

When I posted the above I was thinking of an either or situation. A matter of having one or the other. I would rather see a political ad than a prescription ad.

Ah well in that case... I'd rather have the prescription ads... :)

when you realize that people who put you down, isn't always right nor wrong, just need to look back to think... maybe I just didnt word it right?? I see this a lot, sad really. I am just glad that sometimes you can just look away and pretend nothing happen, sometimes its harder said than done. But that is what makes life interesting, right?

Oh well. :)

when you realize that people who put you down, isn't always right nor wrong, just need to look back to think... maybe I just didnt word it right?? I see this a lot, sad really. I am just glad that sometimes you can just look away and pretend nothing happen, sometimes its harder said than done. But that is what makes life interesting, right?

Oh well. :)

That's right. When I first landed here in AD, I thought my opinion over ruled everyone else's.

Because: I. Was. So. Damn. Smart. I was wrong. I got humoured and my ass handed to me.
I was hated in AD. I stuck around, sat back and paid attention. I have learned alot and made amends.

You know who you are.

I'm hoping those 2 jokers get it.

That's right. When I first landed here in AD, I thought my opinion over ruled everyone else's.

Because: I. Was. So. Damn. Smart. I was wrong. I got humoured and my ass handed to me.
I was hated in AD. I stuck around, sat back and paid attention. I have learned alot and made amends.

You know who you are.

I'm hoping those 2 jokers get it.

It's not the first time nor will it be the last. I have learned to deal with people who clearly do not understand. I had to learn it myself the hard way when I was growing up. When I finally learned ASL I was accepted and finally seen the light at the end of the tunnel. It was hard I ain't joking but it was well worth it.

I am not mad at them as they claim to think, I just get frustrated trying to explain over and over like a broken record. Its get tiresome! Those who did not go through what we had to go through all our life...and are late deafened, they need to kick back and listen to those who clearly understand what its like to be deaf/hoh to get a better understanding.

But obviously, those who grew up hearing... their thinking is not the same as those who are mentally and physically challenged. I don't think they would like it if those who were mentally and physically challenged ruled the world and tell "abled" people that they are broken simply because they are not the same as them, would they? They would look at us as we didn't know what we were talking about. That goes both ways, right?

Anyways... I hope those who come here with Respect and not tell us what we are and what we are not. It's not there call to make.
I simply don't tell hearing people you suck because you are not the same as us. That would be disrespectful on there hearing forum, wouldn't it?

Look we all make mistakes and try to do our best to learn from them. But to go on and on... No, that is where I step in and say what needed to be said and I said it as clearly as possible as I could. I thought I did, but apparently, they overlooked it and disregard as if it didn't matter.

What has been done is done. Moving on! :D Cheers mate!

Back