What did you learn today? Part II

wow- so far you are lucky. :)

Dad has been having issues with trying to do his nightly back up. The Hitachi drive he had USED to work fine with Time Machine and whatever OS he had before (before Maverick). Now Time Machine either won't do the back up or it looks like it's taking forever (at one point something like 177 days?!). Since he bought a MyBook very recently, so far it is working (though I've read some horror stories about Western Digital not playing nicely with El Capitan). This is the first time I've seen him wanting to open the window and toss the machine out the second floor window in about 5 years.

Hmm, maybe I am having a problem. I don't know when this started but I sometimes have trouble ejecting my flash drive. Says it's being used when it's not, though I know if you attach a file to an email, even in Windows, the email program doesn't always "release" the file after the email is sent. But that's not always the case (having attached a file to an email).

I learned using coconut oil made my Asian food taste great! I am learning to cook:P

I learned that there is this awesome Peruvain/Mexican restaurant that just opened near my house. Finally there is some diversity around here!

I learned that there is this awesome Peruvain/Mexican restaurant that just opened near my house. Finally there is some diversity around here!

We have a Mexican restaurant in my city , I went there with my daughter when it opened up and I thought my food had gone bad ! It tasted horrible , cilantro was in and I never tried it before . OMG ! it's gross and I found out this has to do with people genes , some love and some hate it. I don't think the place is owned by Hispanic people . I use to go a restaurant in Berkeley, CA. and it was owned by Hispanic people and the food was really good. There was no cilantro in their foods .
Do you like cilantro ? I wish you could request 'No' cilantro in your meals . I love Mexican food minus the cilantro .

We have a Mexican restaurant in my city , I went there with my daughter when it opened up and I thought my food had gone bad ! It tasted horrible , cilantro was in and I never tried it before . OMG ! it's gross and I found out this has to do with people genes , some love and some hate it. I don't think the place is owned by Hispanic people . I use to go a restaurant in Berkeley, CA. and it was owned by Hispanic people and the food was really good. There was no cilantro in their foods .
Do you like cilantro ? I wish you could request 'No' cilantro in your meals . I love Mexican food minus the cilantro .

Good grief. Cilantro is one of the most important ingredients. We grow it in summer and buy tons in the winter.

But SHE doesn't like it so it shouldn't be in Mexican food.
Another of her negative posts to someone's positive post.

Right. Heaven forbid there be pepperoni in Italian food (e.g. pizza) if someone doesn't like it.

Plus if I am not mistaken... Hispanic is not Mexican. Just may ask someone I know who is Latin@ and familiar with that.

Is there anything that wdys even likes... every time she has posted about going out to eat...."Horrible!". I'll stop there before I say something I shouldn't that will get me a ban.

My ex hubby's, who was born in Mexico, mom cooks homemade Mexican food passed through generations in their family and cilantro is an important ingredient in their recipes. I miss her cooking!!!

CilantroHealth.jpg

Back