What did you learn today? Part II

There is a bakery not far from my condo and I wish it was closed all the time b/c I can't eat sugar anymore . I can smell chocolate cakes baking if the wind blow the right or wrong way . :giggle:

Back in the 1950's & '60 I lived within a few blocks of the second location for the Kas Potato Chip factory. We have both long since moved (and Kas was sold). Which would you rather smell chips or cake?

WDYS :giggle: I know what you mean.

I don't eat refined sugar or refined flour and have eaten the doggie bakery cakes I was talking about. <Minus the cream cheese frosting>
But all the cakes are - humane-edible ingredients - are eggs, whole wheat or brown rice flour <if the dog doesn't eat wheat>, and canola oil. They come in peanut butter, banana or carob. :)

I guess the potato chip factory would be good if you really lilked chips!

WDYS :giggle: I know what you mean.

I don't eat refined sugar or refined flour and have eaten the doggie bakery cakes I was talking about. <Minus the cream cheese frosting>
But all the cakes are - humane-edible ingredients - are eggs, whole wheat or brown rice flour <if the dog doesn't eat wheat>, and canola oil. They come in peanut butter, banana or carob. :)

I guess the potato chip factory would be good if you really liked chips!

A real treat when I was in the 5th grade (school year of 1952-53) was getting a tour of the plant that included getting to eat some chips off the belt before they were cooled to packaging. Earlier than that one of my aunts worked close to where they started and she and some others would go buy warm ones to have with their lunch. That startup location did not have the automated equipment that the later one did.

I can imagine your excitement at that fifth grade trip! and it's cool that your aunt got to have such fresh chips for her lunch!

My field trip in fifth grade was to a bank :|

I can imagine your excitement at that fifth grade trip! and it's cool that your aunt got to have such fresh chips for her lunch!

Ouch...

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using AllDeaf App mobile app

We didn't have any field trip in fifth grade, the teacher was a real witch !
She wasn't fun at all .

Today I have already learned much... Granted since I still have not gone to sleep technically it is still my night? Hmm regardless... There is a video floating around, quite graphic so I am not posting it, that claims that a man drank 20 red Bulls with alcohol and it was causing his heart to beat outside of his chest... This seemed wrong to me... For if that is what was happening where are the ribs, lungs, ect... I mean your heart is not just dangling in space in there... So, I looked it up... And found yet another hoax heavy news site, News 8... Anyways, found out about fail chest and speaking with a friend of a friend who is doctor/nurse a whole lot of interesting things about when things go horribly wrong... The body is an amazing machine...

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using AllDeaf App mobile app

To my horror I leant many home schooled children have found sufferer scurvy and rickets this uk but people are people America prob got same problems.

To my horror I leant many home schooled children have found sufferer scurvy and rickets this uk but people are people America prob got same problems.

Rickets. Seems that would come from parents very afraid of the world home schooling and not letting their kids outside enough.

Rickets lots little girls homed schooled for religious reasons and little girl body face hands never get sun.scurvy is parents who to bone idle take child to school and child lost in system or rather not in system..It was on news few hours back

did you have any school field trips?

I didn't in have any field trips in public schools , I did in when I went a private school in Boston . Our teacher took us to see how water treatment plant worked . I am not sure why , I think some kids wanted to see it . I went to see the White House once but can't remember who took us .
Ted Kennedy was there and all the girls were freaking out , I could had care less. I could never understand why girls do that when they saw someone they thought was cute. I didn't think Ted was that cute .

I learned how to make homemade chicken soup

I learn the anus of a beaver smells and taste of raspberries as they around in Canada and America not Britain then you can confirm if it true but I won't be seeing any beavers so no trying

I learn the anus of a beaver smells and taste of raspberries as they around in Canada and America not Britain then you can confirm if it true but I won't be seeing any beavers so no trying

:dunno: Will let you know the next time it's on the menu. I do live near a beaver pond! :lol: You sure do learn some strange things, keeping us entertained!

Back