What did you learn today? Part II

That Abby and her brother Luca (NCIS) can sign ASL to each other, and that Jethro understands them. (I remember that Mark Harmon used ASL in one of his previous series, Reasonable Doubts, with Marlee Matlin.) A surprise scene in tonight's crossover episode. :)

Yeah Abby has used ASL before and has read lips in some episode , she and Gibbs used ASL a few times. I thought it was a cool scene too.
I like Abby !

I thought it was cool too and I vaguely remembered Abby signing in the past but tonight was the first time I found out why she (and her brother) knew ASL. Not sure how/why Gibbs knew though.

I still want NCIS to bring back Ziva...

That one but it may have slightly different spelling in uk and Canada I saw it on tv and think it can differ slightly on spelling.Just wondering if my doc give it to me it increase concentration.
I got feeling also did something positive for Parkingson

I learn my daughters operation cancelled because of strike actions I am cross I on docs side and NHS needs help normal circumstance I say go for it I fight with you ..now got all problems of explain cajol beg etc start again:(

I head a few days ago that Ted Cruz was born in Canada so how can he run for president ???

That Abby and her brother Luca (NCIS) can sign ASL to each other, and that Jethro understands them. (I remember that Mark Harmon used ASL in one of his previous series, Reasonable Doubts, with Marlee Matlin.) A surprise scene in tonight's crossover episode. :)

Yes, I've seen several episodes where Jethro and Abby sign.

I have the regular NCIS set up as one of my DVR recordings. So it totally sucked last night when we didn't know there was a cross-over into NCIS LA. We caught on about 1/2 an hour later so we did miss about 30 minutes worth. It was a good show, though.

I learned that new HA's are overwhelming! Just got them yesterday. Hearing all kinds of things I had never heard before.

Couldn't believe my ears when I could hear my husband playing the guitar one floor above me. Not that I could understand his singing, though. I still won't ever get that speech clarity, too deaf for that.

I could also hear myself pee. :giggle:

That one but it may have slightly different spelling in uk and Canada I saw it on tv and think it can differ slightly on spelling.Just wondering if my doc give it to me it increase concentration.
I got feeling also did something positive for Parkingson

I learn my daughters operation cancelled because of strike actions I am cross I on docs side and NHS needs help normal circumstance I say go for it I fight with you ..now got all problems of explain cajol beg etc start again:(
That's a shame that a strike can cancel your daughter's operation. People's health shouldn't suffer as a ransom for demands.

Yes, I've seen several episodes where Jethro and Abby sign.
Now that you mention it, I do recall that. I think that it's been a while. It was pretty cool with all three of them signing this time.

It also reminded me that the first time I saw Mark Harmon sign on Reasonable Doubts, he did it the same way as this episode of NCIS. While someone else was signing, he kind of popped in with his signing, to the surprise of another person. :giggle:

I have the regular NCIS set up as one of my DVR recordings. So it totally sucked last night when we didn't know there was a cross-over into NCIS LA. We caught on about 1/2 an hour later so we did miss about 30 minutes worth. It was a good show, though.
That is aggravating. Sometimes we miss the end of recorded programs because they start later than scheduled due to football games (grrr).

Can you catch the on-line episode?

Yeah Abby has used ASL before and has read lips in some episode , she and Gibbs used ASL a few times. I thought it was a cool scene too.
I like Abby !
I also liked Abby's brother Luca.

The actor who played Luca is Tyler Ritter, son of actor John Ritter. I could see his father in certain of his facial expressions, especially his smile. His voice is also similar to his dad's.

I learned that new HA's are overwhelming! Just got them yesterday. Hearing all kinds of things I had never heard before.

Couldn't believe my ears when I could hear my husband playing the guitar one floor above me. Not that I could understand his singing, though. I still won't ever get that speech clarity, too deaf for that.

I could also hear myself pee. :giggle:

Did you jump out of your skin when you flushed?

Pauley Perrette parents are deaf, her mother is no longer alive I just read.
Interesting. I read that Abby's adoptive parents were deaf. I didn't know Pauley's real parents were, too.

She was born in New Orleans; maybe she should be transferred to NCIS: New Orleans, to be with her "brother" Luca. :giggle:

I also liked Abby's brother Luca.

The actor who played Luca is Tyler Ritter, son of actor John Ritter. I could see his father in certain of his facial expressions, especially his smile. His voice is also similar to his dad's.

I thought the actor looked very familiar and was trying to think were I saw him before. :aw: I liked John Ritter .

Interesting. I read that Abby's adoptive parents were deaf. I didn't know Pauley's real parents were, too.

She was born in New Orleans; maybe she should be transferred to NCIS: New Orleans, to be with her "brother" Luca. :giggle:

I did not find anything that her real parents are deaf. I think that's just the storyline on NCIS.

That's a shame that a strike can cancel your daughter's operation. People's health shouldn't suffer as a ransom for demands.

Afraid NHS on verge of collapse and they doing this try stop it.double edge sword

I did not find anything that her real parents are deaf. I think that's just the storyline on NCIS.

I also believe that is true, the character Abby's adoptive parents are deaf. It's the story line.

I love Abby, and really all the characters on NCIS, but DiNozzo is leaving soon, boo hoo! He's another of my favorites.

I also believe that is true, the character Abby's adoptive parents are deaf. It's the story line.

I love Abby, and really all the characters on NCIS, but DiNozzo is leaving soon, boo hoo! He's another of my favorites.

He is ?? I had not heard that. Shame. He's an irritating jerk (on the show) but we love him nonetheless. :)

Damn with Cote de Pablo already done and now Michael Weatherly leaving I don't see how NCIS can remain a # one show for long ! This also mean DiNozzo's dad would not be on anymore. :(

Her mother was deaf, which is why she is a signer, and she owns a bakery named for her mother, who died of breast cancer.

Back