What did you learn today? Part II

This.

And you are never too old to follow your dream/passion.

SO true! Agree!

Never stop fighting and standing up for yourself. I need to practice this more

I learn sometimes you have to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they use to be.

SO true! Agree!

Never stop fighting and standing up for yourself. I need to practice this more
I'm still trying to practice it. it isn't easy- at least for me.
But going to Utah for coding bootcamp sure helped lol.

I learn sometimes you have to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they use to be.

True, but then it allows you to look forward and change it to something better or something different.

That it is time to wear glasses... part time for now. :)

Reading glasses? Congratulations. You're one of us. :cool2: I often get remarks that I have a librarian look.
I’m there too. I have about 5 pairs. I lose them in the living room, the bathroom, the bedroom. So I need to have 5 pairs just to find one.

Reading glasses? Congratulations. You're one of us. :cool2: I often get remarks that I have a librarian look.

I’m one also. I’ve needed readers since college for fine print, 15 years later still dependent on them.

Last edited:

Thanks... Yes for distance like reading captions on tv, driving that's all. I went to optometrist today for check up.. My eyes are perfectly healthy, just need help with distance to read.

I’m there too. I have about 5 pairs. I lose them in the living room, the bathroom, the bedroom. So I need to have 5 pairs just to find one.
I buy my reading glasses from stores in 3 packs. I put one in the bathroom, one on my nightstand & the 3rd one in the living area. I also have a pair in my purse.

I just have prescription trifocals that I wear on a chain so that I can just let them hang the little bit of the time I don't want them on. The current frame that I have came with clip on sunglasses as well.

Thanks... Yes for distance like reading captions on tv, driving that's all. I went to optometrist today for check up.. My eyes are perfectly healthy, just need help with distance to read.

I don't like to go see optometrists. I hate it when they flash light in my eye and dilate my pupils. Bleh! My eyes are healthy, but I can't see everything now. I depend on glasses for the rest of my life. My drawer is full of old glasses. I have to keep old glasses for back up in case my current glasses is broken. Very important to get back up glasses. Always. I dont like to keep prescriptive sunglasses in my SUV. The heat here is so hot. I put it on and it burns my nose. *sizzle!*

I don't like to go see optometrists. I hate it when they flash light in my eye and dilate my pupils. Bleh! My eyes are healthy, but I can't see everything now. I depend on glasses for the rest of my life. My drawer is full of old glasses. I have to keep old glasses for back up in case my current glasses is broken. Very important to get back up glasses. Always. I dont like to keep prescriptive sunglasses in my SUV. The heat here is so hot. I put it on and it burns my nose. *sizzle!*

Make an appointment for refraction only. The things like dilating pupils is for checking for other eye problems than just what distance you see what at.

Make an appointment for refraction only. The things like dilating pupils is for checking for other eye problems than just what distance you see what at.

I know how it works. I had to do it because it was overdue for me and my father has macula degeneration in one eye. I put it off for 6 years. My eyes are fine now.

I refuse to let them do that poof test for glaucoma. I will probably give in at some point on doing that, but I’m still only in my 40s right now.

But when I notice how much I need my reading glasses these days, I’m wondering if I’m going to pass the vision test in a few weeks for my drivers license renewal.

I am 40 years old now. I can't wear contact lenses, because I have dry eye condition. Contact lenses always give me sleepy. I have "corrective lenses" on my driver's license. They have to make sure I wear current glasses so I can pass the vision test.

So I need to have 5 pairs just to find one.

That made me Lol. Thanks!

For those of you with multiple pairs of readers, your favorite pair that you are looking for is, ahem..*points* sitting on the top of your head.

That made me Lol. Thanks!

For those of you with multiple pairs of readers, your favorite pair that you are looking for is, ahem..*points* sitting on the top of your head.
I did that once. I had 2 pairs sitting on my head. And here I’m looking for a third pair.

Back