What did you learn today? Part II

I don't have school today.

I learned where the barrings are in automotive :giggle:

That even my hearing aids' squealing alerts other drivers. :lol:

Attachments

• EEEEEE.jpg
    EEEEEE.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 14
I learned that another 20 million could be cut from my work's budget next year. We already suffered through a 70 million cut. My school may get shut down this Fall.

I learned that another 20 million could be cut from my work's budget next year. We already suffered through a 70 million cut. My school may get shut down this Fall.

That would totally suck. Would you have enough notice to look for something else if that does happen?

That would totally suck. Would you have enough notice to look for something else if that does happen?

I am not worried. As long as there are deaf students, they still need me. I will go wherever they go but I worry about WHICH school they will be transferred to and what kind of neighborhood. Some of the schools in the district are in pretty rough neighborhoods.

I am not worried. As long as there are deaf students, they still need me. I will go wherever they go but I worry about WHICH school they will be transferred to and what kind of neighborhood. Some of the schools in the district are in pretty rough neighborhoods.

Aren't you already contending with your current school being in a questionable neighborhood?

If you don't return your city census for 2 consecutive years you will not be able to vote and your name will be removed from voter registration rolls.
This doesn't seen fair to me ! I thought we had right to vote and returning or not returning the census should have nothing to do with this.

If you don't return your city census for 2 consecutive years you will not be able to vote and your name will be removed from voter registration rolls.
This doesn't seen fair to me ! I thought we had right to vote and returning or not returning the census should have nothing to do with this.

Are you sure? Could you share a source with us to check it out?

That doesn't even seem Constitutional. How could a city infringe on someone's right to vote? What happened to your civil rights?

Also, I've never heard of a census for consecutive years (who could afford that?).

I thought voter registration was done by county, not by city. At least, it is in my state.

Sounds like a scam to me.

Edit:

Found it:

http://www.sec.state.ma.us/ele/eleinactivevoters/inactivevotersidx.htm

Isn't Massachusetts part of the United States? That is so weird.

That doesn't even seem Constitutional. How could a city infringe on someone's right to vote? What happened to your civil rights?

Also, I've never heard of a census for consecutive years (who could afford that?).

I thought voter registration was done by county, not by city. At least, it is in my state.

Edit:

Found it:

No this isn't a scam ,people drop their census off at the clerk office in the city hall every year. I drop mine off , I want to made sure it doesn't get lost in mail b/c I not about to kept from voting. We get one every year . I wanted to see what other people felt about this . I tried to protest this when I first moved and made phone calls to see if this made legal . There was group of women trying to fight this I can't recall what name they went by. I did call them but it was so long ago. I couldn't believe now passive people are around here no one wanted to try and stop this . I did get William Francis Galvin to have CC on most of his public announcements on TV by making repeated phones & sending him emails.
So when he on TV telling to get out and vote there are CC on his announcement .

the way I am reading this.. the annual street list is not the same as a census. If a person is an 'inactive voter' that doesn't mean they are not allowed to vote at all- on the contrary- they are still registered and can still vote but have to show proof with ID of who they are. If an inactive voter fails to vote in 2 consecutive elections then they get removed. Doesn't mean they aren't allowed- all it takes to be able to is re-register. No biggie- I've had to do that (though usually because I moved to another state too...).

So what WDYS seems to want is lifelong right to vote (that may extend into her death...). I can see why it is set up that way though...keeps the fraud down.

the way I am reading this.. the annual street list is not the same as a census. If a person is an 'inactive voter' that doesn't mean they are not allowed to vote at all- on the contrary- they are still registered and can still vote but have to show proof with ID of who they are. If an inactive voter fails to vote in 2 consecutive elections then they get removed. Doesn't mean they aren't allowed- all it takes to be able to is re-register. No biggie- I've had to do that (though usually because I moved to another state too...).

So what WDYS seems to want is lifelong right to vote (that may extend into her death...). I can see why it is set up that way though...keeps the fraud down.

That's true, it is part of measure to prevent the fraud in voting system.

WDYS, you aren't losing the ability to vote but if you miss census so it means you may require to show ID before you can vote. That's no loss for you.

Edit:

Found it:

Yeah, Massachusetts have got weird laws on their books, they started as Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

. . .

So what WDYS seems to want is lifelong right to vote (that may extend into her death...).
Well, it's true that Americans do have a lifelong right to vote (from 18 years on) unless they do something wrong and lose their right. There are only a few Constitutional ways to lose that right. One is to be convicted of a felony, and the other is to lose one's citizenship.

I can see why it is set up that way though...keeps the fraud down.
And yet, people make a big fuss when states like SC want voters to show a picture ID to reduce chances of fraud.

Back