What did you do today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Became incensed at a negative person and visualized myself as Zatoichi, the blind swordsman.

This may not have counted as healthy meditation.

I took a step forward and answered an email on my dating site. Hopefully I am moving in the right direction. :fingersx: I have to say, I am the most excited I have been in a long time right now.

I took a step forward and answered an email on my dating site. Hopefully I am moving in the right direction. :fingersx: I have to say, I am the most excited I have been in a long time right now.

Which site? I met my girlfriend, who I've been living with for over 2 years now, on OkCupid.

Good luck!

Which site? I met my girlfriend, who I've been living with for over 2 years now, on OkCupid.

Good luck!

plentyoffish.com, a friend of mine had great success on this one. TY! I need it. I am soooo nervous. I met my last ex off of Craigslist and it was a DISASTER! I wasted almost 5 years on that jerk. See my rant on The ex bashing/discussion thread.

plentyoffish.com, a friend of mine had great success on this one. TY! I need it. I am soooo nervous. I met my last ex off of Craigslist and it was a DISASTER! I wasted almost 5 years on that jerk. See my rant on The ex bashing/discussion thread.

Well if you want to broaden your horizons, I'd recommend adding OkCupid to your list. They're all math-y, and the primary section is a literally never-ending opinion quiz, so you're more likely to find someone you're presumably "compatible with" without getting four dates in and topless to find out that he's a jackass who you won't ever want to speak to again, lol.

Not familiar with plentyoffish, but as long as it's not one of those dumb sites that you have to pay to use, then it's prolly decent. CL, however, is probably not a good source of potential dates unless you're a fan of being stabbed, lol.

Well if you want to broaden your horizons, I'd recommend adding OkCupid to your list. They're all math-y, and the primary section is a literally never-ending opinion quiz, so you're more likely to find someone you're presumably "compatible with" without getting four dates in and topless to find out that he's a jackass who you won't ever want to speak to again, lol.

Not familiar with plentyoffish, but as long as it's not one of those dumb sites that you have to pay to use, then it's prolly decent. CL, however, is probably not a good source of potential dates unless you're a fan of being stabbed, lol.

LOL I guess I was lucky in that respect with CL. Plentyoffish is totally free, so I like it. I might try OKCupid if this one doesn't work. I don't want to be on too many sites, that just screams desperate.

A lot of my internet friends (i.e, people I've never met in person but have gotten to know on varous forums) have spoken very highly of OKCupid. 'course they are still single, too, so there's that...

What I did today: bought myself some snazzy new clothes for a wedding (nephew's, first in the family of that generation to get married), AND bought myself a Barnes and Noble "Nook Simple Reader." How 'bout that, joining the 21st century after all! Looking forward to playing with it and getting some good books on it for our long drive to said wedding.

A lot of my internet friends (i.e, people I've never met in person but have gotten to know on varous forums) have spoken very highly of OKCupid. 'course they are still single, too, so there's that...

What I did today: bought myself some snazzy new clothes for a wedding (nephew's, first in the family of that generation to get married), AND bought myself a Barnes and Noble "Nook Simple Reader." How 'bout that, joining the 21st century after all! Looking forward to playing with it and getting some good books on it for our long drive to said wedding.

:laugh2: on the bolded.

Congrats on the purchase! I think you will find it enjoyable.

LOL I guess I was lucky in that respect with CL. Plentyoffish is totally free, so I like it. I might try OKCupid if this one doesn't work. I don't want to be on too many sites, that just screams desperate.

When I was single I went on Plentyoffish. It is not a bad site. I just check to see how long the guys been on the site. That is a tell, tell sign on what they are looking for. Guys and girls that been on the site for a long period of time usually just want a play date.

Yeah, I don't trust any site that makes you pay, they tend to inflate their numbers to make it seem a lot more likely that you'll find a date.

And unless it makes you feel desperate, you shouldn't really worry. I doubt anyone would cross-check sites, and it just gives you a wider range of options. If you'd feel more desperate from it, then I wouldn't, though, cause that'll show when you're talking to people.

What, I'm not an internet friend now? I'm not single! :P

Congrats on getting your nook, definitely post a review after you've read a book or two on it!

When I was single I went on Plentyoffish. It is not a bad site. I just check to see how long the guys been on the site. That is a tell, tell sign on what they are looking for. Guys and girls that been on the site for a long period of time usually just want a play date.

Not necessarily true. I've got a profile that's 8 years old, but that's just because I signed up on a lark in high school and I don't ever delete internet accounts. So it could also be that it worked out well for them, but they've been in a relationship since joining, lol.

'course you're my Internet friend, St. Sapphire! Would never count you out!

But you're not married, right? Living with someone but not married is still "single," in my book. "Temporarily off the market," maybe.

"If you like it, put a ring on it." :lol:

(Not that I want to talk you into getting married if that's not where you're headed, of course.)

Went to a no kill animal shelter today for an interview and I fell in love with so many kittens and dogs. I absolutely wanted to adopt them all. I'm looking forward to having a real place so I could have more pets.

Then I spoke to my Bride and it turned out that she dropped two bridesmaids from her wedding because they didn't get a dress by the deadline. Now it's just three of us, bridesmaids. Also, extra work for me to do, aka planning a bachelorette party. Got any suggestions? :lol: She doesn't want a stripper cop or anything crazy like that. So far, we're thinking about renting a party limo/bus and go bar hopping in Sacramento. Maybe pick up random guys and kick them out after few blocks if they get annoying. (Not my idea). I hope it'll be a memorable night. I'm so bringing my camera...

Went to a no kill animal shelter today for an interview and I fell in love with so many kittens and dogs. I absolutely wanted to adopt them all. I'm looking forward to having a real place so I could have more pets.

Then I spoke to my Bride and it turned out that she dropped two bridesmaids from her wedding because they didn't get a dress by the deadline. Now it's just three of us, bridesmaids. Also, extra work for me to do, aka planning a bachelorette party. Got any suggestions? :lol: She doesn't want a stripper cop or anything crazy like that. So far, we're thinking about renting a party limo/bus and go bar hopping in Sacramento. Maybe pick up random guys and kick them out after few blocks if they get annoying. (Not my idea). I hope it'll be a memorable night. I'm so bringing my camera...

What happened to the government jobs you were applying for?

So far, I have repacked a few boxes, threw out some stuff that got water damage, and packed some stuff that belongs to MIL. Made lunch, played on my DSiXL (Pokemon: Black) and gone to 2 libraries. Still have to fix dinner, but not feeling too good. Ah well.

WORKED!!!!!!!!!!TEaching our future deaf generations!

Watched the lovely storm unfold today. Thinking about driving out to East Hampton when the weather clears up. Or even Montauk maybe. I'd like to see the sunrise over the Atlantic one of these days. Maybe have a nice meditation time.

I figure out best expec to hard to burn my eye avoid reason computer not good!
hard to complication!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back