What did you do today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really! I have a jacuzzi tub. It only takes about 5 minutes to fill it all up. When I built my house I had an over-sized (or bigger) water heater installed so it could accommodate the water for the hot tub. Maybe that's something you would need to do for your garden tub.

But I hope you get a chance to take one tonight before bed -- I'm like you, I like to do that too because it makes me sleepy and warm :)

Ok....a water heater to meet my tub's need. How much will it cost me?

I hate you that you have a jacuzzi tub. My hubby said it should be cheap to replace our tub with a jacuzzi one cuz we have the space for it. Not sure if I can trust his word as he is a Star Wars geek. lol

Wirelessly posted

I did my chin and lip threading

Ok....a water heater to meet my tub's need. How much will it cost me?

I hate you that you have a jacuzzi tub. My hubby said it should be cheap to replace our tub with a jacuzzi one cuz we have the space for it. Not sure if I can trust his word as he is a Star Wars geek. lol

:lol: @ the Star Wars geek.

To replace your bathtub? I have no idea on the cost. I wanted one when I was building my house so I had one put in, but that was 5 years ago so I do not recall what the price difference was over a regular tub. If you two did this yourselves you would save a lot of $$ over hiring a contractor.

A normal water heater is usually around 50 gallons. Check to see what yours is. Mine is 90 gallons. Maybe just replacing the water heater size would help your garden tub fill faster. But then you'd have to hire a plumber (unless you guys can do that yourself) to refit the pipes.

:lol: @ the Star Wars geek.

To replace your bathtub? I have no idea on the cost. I wanted one when I was building my house so I had one put in, but that was 5 years ago so I do not recall what the price difference was over a regular tub. If you two did this yourselves you would save a lot of $$ over hiring a contractor.

A normal water heater is usually around 50 gallons. Check to see what yours is. Mine is 90 gallons. Maybe just replacing the water heater size would help your garden tub fill faster. But then you'd have to hire a plumber (unless you guys can do that yourself) to refit the pipes.

No No...not the cost to replace my tub but the cost to replace my pathetic water heater to an oversized one so it can meet my tub's needs. Is that expensive. My hubby wants a tankless water heater but whoa Nelly..the $$$ involved is way out of our range right now.

No No...not the cost to replace my tub but the cost to replace my pathetic water heater to an oversized one so it can meet my tub's needs. Is that expensive. My hubby wants a tankless water heater but whoa Nelly..the $$$ involved is way out of our range right now.

I have no idea on cost of the tankless water heaters. I have heard they're ultracool, though! A regular 50-gal water heater is around $400 or so. Mine being at 90 gallons is probably close to double the cost.

I will tell my hubby we need a 90 gallon water heater tank.

Hey, not only that..we need to fix the water pressure in my house. It is horrible!

I will tell my hubby we need a 90 gallon water heater tank.

Hey, not only that..we need to fix the water pressure in my house. It is horrible!

You could get a small, dedicated on-demand (tankless) heater for about 220$. You'd have to check the specs and make sure it can produce enough hot water to serve a hot tub's needs though.

You could also just get a standard water heater dedicated for the tub. You might be able to find a cheap previously-used one off craigslist or at a habitat for humanity. They are not difficult to install or service. I installed or fixed a million of them at my old job. If you wait until I move to DC, I'd do it for the cost of pizza and beer. :)

You could get a small, dedicated on-demand (tankless) heater for about 220$. You'd have to check the specs and make sure it can produce enough hot water to serve a hot tub's needs though.

You could also just get a standard water heater dedicated for the tub. You might be able to find a cheap previously-used one off craigslist or at a habitat for humanity. They are not difficult to install or service. I installed or fixed a million of them at my old job. If you wait until I move to DC, I'd do it for the cost of pizza and beer. :)

Shel, how can you possibly refuse ??!! :lol:

Shel, how can you possibly refuse ??!! :lol:

I will NEVER refuse. i will buy him the Ravens pizza...world famous pizza that is the size of a Monster truck tire. :)

Hmm.. you're smart. That would explain why TWA didn't say "the cost of A pizza and A beer."

The jig's up, TWA !!!

My hubby's 2nd job is at a liquore store...we can get 50% off on alcohol. Feeding him beer will not cost us a lot. LOL!

My hubby's 2nd job is at a liquore store...we can get 50% off on alcohol. Feeding him beer will not cost us a lot. LOL!

Shel, shh !! You better hope TWA doesn't see that. :lol:

I went for a long walk with my daughter, stopped to eat Italian food, then came home.

I discovered I managed to get a bad blister on my left food. While wearing my organic cotton, tie dyed socks, from the health food store. :hmm:

Hmm.. you're smart. That would explain why TWA didn't say "the cost of A pizza and A beer."

The jig's up, TWA !!!

Haha, you and Botts are both smarter than me, because I didn't even see the ambiguity of my offer and how I might be able to score the never ending pizza pie and bottomless bucket of beer. Drats! :D

I will NEVER refuse. i will buy him the Ravens pizza...world famous pizza that is the size of a Monster truck tire. :)

That should be just about enough... ;)

Shel, shh !! You better hope TWA doesn't see that. :lol:

Oh, I definitely keep track of important details like this. Mac is going to be my adult beverage hook up for the greater Washington Metro Area. Woot!

Oh, I definitely keep track of important details like this. Mac is going to be my adult beverage hook up for the greater Washington Metro Area. Woot!

Shel, see what you got yourself into ?? :lol:

Seriously, the info you offered (the $220 for the tankless-on-demand) sounds awesome if it works out. If you can hook them up with something like that, I bet they'd love it. (And spring for a second pizza and beer if you're nice enough ;) )

Shel, see what you got yourself into ?? :lol:

Seriously, the info you offered (the $220 for the tankless-on-demand) sounds awesome if it works out. If you can hook them up with something like that, I bet they'd love it. (And spring for a second pizza and beer if you're nice enough ;) )

I did some looking around on Craigslist for the DC area. Found two ads for free water heaters that were only a few years old, she'd just have to pick up and haul away. A used water heater would be a great score. You don't need anything fancy if it's going to be dedicated to just heating a tub.

There will probably be even more available in the summer/spring, when people tend to do more remodeling.

I did some looking around on Craigslist for the DC area. Found two ads for free water heaters that were only a few years old, she'd just have to pick up and haul away. A used water heater would be a great score. You don't need anything fancy if it's going to be dedicated to just heating a tub.

There will probably be even more available in the summer/spring, when people tend to do more remodeling.

You should forward that to Shel. I don't know if she checks out CL. I personally love CL !! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back