What did you do today? Part II

Our godsons/foster sons are here for the 'week-end' (their week-ends often begin on thursday and end on Tuesday during the summer).

We sorted seashells, worked on a sticker book, they went swimming with my older kids, and now they are pitching the tent in the side yard and my husband is sleeping out with them and our son. The girls were invited, but they turned down the invitation.

Found out a friend got a divorce sometime during the past year. Last I had talked to her was last summer & a week after that her world came crashing down when her husband left her (and their 3 kids) to move in with a younger women. I stopped by her house after work to give her a hug and we talked for a bit.

Today was pretty busy. Went to Vocational rehab this morning then stopped by to talk to my access counselor at school. After that I came home and took my scooter apart to do a tune up. Cut the grass. Rode 3 miles on my bike. Now ready to go to bed.

While I was on my walk with my dog Marty today , saw a woman pick up a turtle that was on the sidewalk and put in on the grass. The poor turtle was really dried out and getting hot, some bratty kids most likely took the turtle out of the pond and left it on the ground to dies! I picked up the poor thing and carried it back to the pond which would had been impossible for the turtle to get back to. I was thinking of taking Marty to the park instead of going to the duck pond , I am so glad I decided to go the pond so I was glad to help save the little turtle . I wish there was some way to have the city keep kids from taking the turtle out oft he water and bring them home to dies.

I actually did something cool today...sit back and watched Cubs/Red Sox game. I worked outside this evening..got things done.

Played golf in the desert.... Good times. Head to Las Vegas in the am

Been invited to a different Cochlear Implant exercise- salsa tomorrow night.
To busy to be "retired" yet!

Partied til 7:30 am including watching the sunrise from a rooftop bar with a bunch of new friends.....does that count as today or yesterday? :dizzy: 3 hour nap and now time for some shopping

Had church this morning and that's about all I've done with the exception of MIL's eye drops.

Just pigged out on Lorna Doones. Better get myself back outside to hack away at the jungle under the pine tree.

Mostly just sitting around drinking coffee, and doing the laundry. And I probably won't do anything much more exciting for the rest of the day. :lol:

At least Eureka is on SyFy channel tonight.

Too hot & dry to be outside much today...but got a lot of things done inside...we work in the garden late afternoon soon as the heat cools off...went and got us some Chicken Gizzard for dinner, to find them too salty.

Mostly just sitting around drinking coffee, and doing the laundry. And I probably won't do anything much more exciting for the rest of the day. :lol:

:shock: you are not much on execrise!! :lol:!!

Went to second day of Pridefest to meet up with an old friend. Pigged out on buttered noodles with chicken. Went to Wal-Mart and bought a new nail file, then to GameStop to buy Bioshock 2 and Transformers War for Cybertron for my oldest. Now home with my feet in a hot epsom salt soak... uuugh pain!

Oh, yeah, and I read the wrong page in the TV section. Eureka is tomorrow...

We spent most of the weekend inside with the AC on. Yesterday it was 108 degrees and today a cool 102. All three kids came for dinner tonight, pizza, salad and cake. Definitely did not want to turn on the oven. This is really hot for the month of June.

Back