What did you do today? Part II

Sent an email to a friend who's getting married this Saturday.
"Hey there. How are you doing? Got plans for this weekend?" :giggle:

Haven't gotten a reply yet. :hmm: Wonder if she's busy? :lol:

Got up after not sleeping at all, took MIL in at 6:30am for her surgery. Have been at home dealing with her and all these drops and such. Made a few runs out, but never longer than 30 minutes. About to fall asleep now.

Balled up the last skein of yarn for the baby blanket. Have about 10 more inches to go. If I get it done in time, may add a hood to one corner.

Still running around in circles...it's summer....Wishing to have just one day without any responsibilities.

I took a very long nap. I am not sleeping at night because the tinnitus is so loud. Now I am relaxing watching the Giants baseball game and they are winning 10-0. The weather is very hot here. This weekend is suppose to be 102+ so our Fathers Day will be inside with the AC on.

Forgot to mention yesterday that I got wax sucked out of my ear at the ENT's office. Hopefully that was all that was wrong with my hearing in that ear. I go back to the Audie in a few weeks to get my annual hearing test.

Took MIL to her post-op appointment. Made 3 trips to the pharmacy. Made some calls via i711 relay (P3) for contractor and printed out all the info from the calls. Spoke with contractor and general contractor. And now, I have just remembered and completed the change of address on my Voter ID card. Mother's and MIL's were done when they got their Driver's licence change to State ID cards, but when I got my driver's license change with the new address, they did not change my voter ID.

Well, I am F* bored around here, as I have been off for nearly a week after busting my rear in the early part of the month at work. I ended up doing this... Making plastic didgeridoos!

I assume you may not know what a didgeridoo is unless you live in the UK or in Australia, or have had some exposure to the aborigines in Australia while on vacation.

It is the oldest woodwind instrument around that we know of, which makes a very low sound that you can alter with your mouth. If there are any other didge players here, speak up, otherwise I won't go into the details on these didges, as my explanations get technical right off the bat. This is the new direction as a musician that I have been speaking of recently.

Attachments

• pvc-didge-custom-1.jpg
    pvc-didge-custom-1.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 9
  • pvc-didge-custom-2.jpg
    pvc-didge-custom-2.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 7
  • pvc-didge-custom-3.jpg
    pvc-didge-custom-3.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 6
  • pvc-didge-custom-3-dropped.jpg
    pvc-didge-custom-3-dropped.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 7
I am back on time, I have on problem on wire on cable broken weird odd internet!@

Mailed out a last minute Father's Day card! I can't believe I am forgetting about these occasions, okay so where does the time go???

preppin' up for a little 3-days vacation in CT. leaving in couple hours. and yes I'll be riding :)

methinks couple of guys in here should get out and do something productive :)

I finally got fed up with my back being in excruciating pain and busted out my old yoga video.. it's really basic but it's amazing how much it helps.

Friends visited....gave them 2 rose bushes...also went to the Vet's office to get my dog & cat flea control. Lady in there had a puppy, a Pomeranian, realllly cute. Waiting on the repair man...after that, gonna fix some dinner. And give my doggie a bath (the Cat will probably jump in too, as he seems to enjoy the water).

Made a quick run to Whole Foods. Other than that, I have snoozed a little and watched the guys scramble to cover the plywood on the roof of the extension before the rain hit. We currently have a massive downpour with thunder and lightning. The guys are all inside the garage/house cleaning it up and marking lines for the rooms on the new foundation.

Yesterday: got my car back from the mechanic. YAY! :mrgreen: I swear my little orange Beetle was dancing on the freeway while we zoomed on home, while I was blasting the Beach Boy's "Do you wanna dance?" Got shopping and a library run for movies done on the way home. Quiet evening at home after that. :P Today, since I had a rough time yesterday forgetting to take my ibuprofen for arthritis, and my ankle brace & walking staff, was in a lot of pain by evening yesterday, after getting car then doing errands on my feet. :( Slept in today and feeling *much* better! :aw: Will push on with new chapters in ASL class...new chapter means making new flash cards for it. :P

Back