What did you do today? Part II

Wirelessly posted

I feel a few pounds lighter. Gotten my hair cut. :). To

Wirelessly posted

Currently enjoying a Scotch on the rocks w/ some Ritz crackers.... feelin' fine! ;)

Went to a graduation party for my daughter & her friend.
Told the friend's mom we should have a party to celebrate no more kids in school. K-12, that is.

I went to support to Volunteer :) I best my support communiy diabietc telus , I am lots of b busy on the of effort on people awesome day :)

spent three hours on a 30 mile stretch of road in the Smoky Mountains. now at a cheap adn slightly scary motel in TN. Just found out that the interpreter I arranged two weeks in advance for my friend at church just decided she can't go. Pretty sure she's lying to me about why.

But the rhododendrons in the mtns were beautiful and I had a good time with my 21 year old daughter, who did all the driving. Or rather, the not-driving.

spent all day reminding myself i given up smoking...done gardening and some little sh1t stole my gardening tools and cops no gave toss...cr8p day

Wirelessly posted

Helping my daughter pack for a week of summer camp. She will have a blast. She will be at a college staying in the dorm. They will be studying marine biology. She will get Credit for school for it. :)

Absolutely nothing. And it feels good. :D However, I must now go throw some dinner in the crockpot...

After my "computer time" :type: and some chores, my husband & I have to compose our signing story based on vocabulary we've learned so far. Then BBQ a small roast & some potatoes, and then a movie for the evening. :popcorn:

Yesterday, I read a book all day and cried from page 5 to the end. Didn't do anything else except take MIL to the hairdresser.

Today, took MIL, hubby and myself to church, then I cleaned 5 fans in the house (box type, not ceiling) and now I have to vacuum the dust off the floor. Then I get to cut hubby and son's hair. Yay me!! NOT!!!!

exhausted exhausted exhausted. last weekend was a conference in Dallas. this weekend was a conference in NYC. next weekend will be a trip to CT with friends. it has been extremely productive and awesome weeks. Met dozens people and did a lot of professional networking.

after that... my calendar's empty. looking forward to that... :dizzy:

Went for a dress fitting for a wedding I'm in next month. I hate being stuck with pins.

We went to the Bay Area for my brothers retirement party. He is young, but had a brain aneurism a few years ago at the age of 50. He went back to work as a police officer and an inmate threw him against a wall hitting is head. So no more work and official retired. His wife bought him this beautiful Harley Davidson. I miss my motorcycle days. I didn't drive, always on the back seat but it was a blast. Especislly when you ride with a group of friends.

I cleaned and changed out a litter-box. Spoke with contractor on 2 separate occasions today, vacuumed the house, cleaned the bathroom, went for a 2 mile walk, updated a program in my computer (weight loss tracker), pitched a fit when I couldn't print the reports, went to a weight loss meeting (lost 1.5 pounds) and then went to dinner.

I've been a busy bee...TCB...and also took a lot of books to a Nursing Home. The smell in there wasn't very pleasant...but hope they will enjoy the books. Also took a basket to a Thrift Store and donated it. Thinking about visiting an antique shop I've been wanting to explore, taking a few things with me to get a quote on how much they are worth.

Found a small dead bird on my bedroom floor when I got home from work yesterday. That's what I get for leaving the cat door unlocked for my kitties while at work. It's the first time one of them bought a present into the house while I was away. If it happens again I'll have to lock them in the house while I'm at work, I guess.

Had my annual skin cancer screening yesterday. No cancer/per-cancer found, but she did find a tiny wart on the bottom of a toe. I also had her check a few other "things". One, which was just inside my nostril, she didn't know what it was so she removed it to send for diagnoses (I've been wanting to get it removed). The other was a corn on my thumb which she scraped down for me. At least now I know what it is (she said it was odd looking and wasn't sure at first if it was a corn or a wart), I can buy OTC stuff to treat it if it comes back.

Had my usual morning stuff to deal with including a few new things for this week only. MIL's drops to prepare for cataract surgery tomorrow. Took some pictures of the new roof going on our extension, spoke with contractor, wrote contractor another check, took MIL in for blood work, went to 2 libraries, and in between during all my "sit-down" time, I read 2 books.

Back