What did you do today? Part II

Thursday I spent the whole day out of the house. This is a miracle for me, and a first since my illness. Saw my mom for 3 hours and lipreading was a little bit better. Then I was invited to a senior home where two ASL tutors were helping the hoh learn some basic words. I felt so amazing sitting there with these wonderful older ladies, I even learned a few more words. They invited me back for the remainder ASL classes. Then they asked me if I would like to volunteer since these ladies liked me so much. Playing games, drawing pictures etc. It all gave me a new purpose in life. I even managed to take my hubby out to dinner. Miracles do happen!!!

Watched the nephew play baseball. Lil Tex (5 inches taller than me) can flat out rake.

Took back my new glasses last week since I still could not see out of them....I was re-tested......so the doctor told me to come back today and he would give me stronger ones....The new ones are just as bad!...Still can't read street signs, so will try them for a week, and if still no better, then go back and get a refund....Feel I need to see another eye doctor! And probably will next week.

I am going through the same thing. My glasses, I think are too strong. I have been wearing them for two weeks, and still can't get use to them. Probably have to bring them back. Problem is they are making my sunglasses with the same prescription and they should finally be ready Tuesday after 6 weeks.:hmm:

Well what did I do today?.....Oh now remember! I went to school, took the Pennsylvania state testing! I had to take three! One on Monday, yesterday, today, and I'm gald I'm done with that tests. Then I had to go to a meeting about college stuff and what major I would like to be in. Then came home and did babysitting....earn 20 bucks so yay! I got home and start packing. So that's what I did for today!:D

Well - I took MIL for her yearly mammogram and a bone density test, then took mother, son & I to GameStop and Dollar Tree. Then, I got to drive all of us except MIL to Pizza Hut for dinner.

Put shorter shoe laces in my new sneaks. I probably have enough of the long shoe laces that come with my sneaks (Reebok Princess) to make a clothes line.

I've been buying the shoes for years. I usually buy 2 pairs each time & save one pair for later...just in case they decide to stop making them. Plus I usually get them at the outlet store for less but the store is an hour away. This time I ordered them online from Reebok for the same outlet price & with free shipping. And saved an add'l 15% by signing up for emails from them.

Slept!! God I am so tired, I could sleep forever!!! Tomorrow is my day to spend at the senior home. I pray I have the strength to be able to go. I had a small seizure yeaterday and fell. So today, I feel like I have been hit by a truck. So sore, tired, and have a headache. My MRI is next week for the "all clear" for brain issues. Now who knows what might be ahead of me. What ever will be will be!!!!

Put shorter shoe laces in my new sneaks. I probably have enough of the long shoe laces that come with my sneaks (Reebok Princess) to make a clothes line.

I've been buying the shoes for years. I usually buy 2 pairs each time & save one pair for later...just in case they decide to stop making them. Plus I usually get them at the outlet store for less but the store is an hour away. This time I ordered them online from Reebok for the same outlet price & with free shipping. And saved an add'l 15% by signing up for emails from them.

How long are the long ones in relation to your waist size? When I couldn't find any draw-string replacement cord I bought some long shoe laces, put one through a waist band, cut off the plastic ends (just to be safe incase dryer heat would be a problem) and knotted the ends. I have since found this to work great! Holds just like a cord intended for this and no problems from dryer heat.

How long are the long ones in relation to your waist size? When I couldn't find any draw-string replacement cord I bought some long shoe laces, put one through a waist band, cut off the plastic ends (just to be safe incase dryer heat would be a problem) and knotted the ends. I have since found this to work great! Holds just like a cord intended for this and no problems from dryer heat.

Oh, I think a pair would work for my waist and then some. But I rarely wear pants with drawstrings...but I'll keep that in mind. I'm notorious for using things in "unconventional" ways.

Oh, I think a pair would work for my waist and then some. But I rarely wear pants with drawstrings...but I'll keep that in mind. I'm notorious for using things in "unconventional" ways.

In my case it is only one (1) string of the pair per pants or skirt that either starts with a drawstring or that I put one in when elastic gives out. The ones I bought were "sport" ones and much longer than need be so check length.

In my case it is only one (1) string of the pair per pants or skirt that either starts with a drawstring or that I put one in when elastic gives out. The ones I bought were "sport" ones and much longer than need be so check length.

The one's that come on my shoes are long "sport" ones. I might be able to get away with just one...but it would be a short tie. :giggle:

I like my shoes snug and I always have too much shoe laces "left over" when I tie them with the provided laces. Which is why I always go out and buy shorter ones. But it's not easy to find shorter "sport" ones. I happen to have an extra pair from the last time, thank goodness. I kept the packaging to help me look for another set so I'll have a set when I'm ready to wear the 2nd pair of shoes.

Well - today was something else!!

Went to the gas station to fill up Expedition $96
Dropped of the Explorer to get a new headliner installed.
Went to Jerry's Artarama to look around. (they have a new bigger location)
Went to Office Depot and bought new computer, monitor and speakers. (about $550)
Went to insurance office to get our auto insurance reinstated. (they dropped us for some reason, they claim a computer glitch) Will be planning on changing companies as they are NOT Deaf friendly at all. (Geico)
Went to Taco Bell for lunch.
Went to WalMart for a few things.
Picked up the Explorer ($196)
Home to set up new computer.

Well - today was something else!!

Went to the gas station to fill up Expedition $96
Dropped of the Explorer to get a new headliner installed.
Went to Jerry's Artarama to look around. (they have a new bigger location)
Went to Office Depot and bought new computer, monitor and speakers. (about $550)
Went to insurance office to get our auto insurance reinstated. (they dropped us for some reason, they claim a computer glitch) Will be planning on changing companies as they are NOT Deaf friendly at all. (Geico)
Went to Taco Bell for lunch.
Went to WalMart for a few things.
Picked up the Explorer ($196)
Home to set up new computer.

:shock:...What an expensive day!

Had my mower blades sharpened. Don't need the mower yet, but I'm ready.

Last edited:
Today I played Skyrim all day. Then I spent an hour running around trying to make it look like I did housework instead of playing the game all day. Just got it yesterday, so it's not an all the time thing for me :)

Also spent a lot of time conferring with my boyfriend about whether or not *insert object here* has always made that noise since I just got my first hearing aids last week and he replaced his 15 year old ones and got those yesterday.

It's been an odd day.

Well - sadly, I can't remember what I did this morning, but I felt like I was busy. After having lunch, which was our dinner meal, we went to the 2 libraries and then the grocery store. Got home and I have been on the computer, surfing the internet and retyping a menu plan for MIL.

Was a beautiful, hot day here. Ran a lot of errands. And the AC in my car needs Freon.....Went Flower shopping also for my flower garden, but decided to wait until the weekend and the boys are on Spring Break next weekend, and they can load them up in the car, along with the heavy bags of mulch, fertilizer and potting soil.....looking forward to getting my hands a little dirty!

Since it is after midnightm today in 6 hours Im going to the hoapital for my Brain MRI. To see if I still have aome loose marbles!!

Back