What dating app do you use?

Weshoulddo

Reaction score
I wonder what app I will use, there are too many dating apps out there and I'm really confused on what to use because my friend said that there's a virus on some dating apps. More like a trap app. Do you guys have any recommendations? Please feel free to share it :)

I never used a dating application,cuz i wouldn't want my ass screwed by a total stranger.
And with so many scammers out there, I'm even more aware now.However, if u are so interested i recommend "Tinder" to u.Not much to talk about. Good luck finding your soul mate.

Thank you for giving me such good advice. By the way, you really didn't try using ones? Yeah, there are so many scammers but you can still find the girl you want.

Try using the Kik app. It's not a dating site but most people use it as a dating site, it does lend itself well to meeting new people.

I found my boyfriend of the last 3 years on Tinder. His cousin found his wife on Tinder. They're happily married with two kids 5 years later. The real tip is to FILL OUT that profile. Give people a real glimpse of not only who you are but what you are looking for in a partner. Yes, it has a hook up reputation and there is plenty of those seekers. I swiped left on anyone that didn't have anything for me to read. The more they filled out the better. The more they invested in telling me what they wanted, the more I knew (or felt) they were invested in finding something real. Hope this helps. Take care and be safe. I always told people when I was going on my first dates with people. Shared location. Safety is important.

We dont do apps. Its old fashioned face to face whatever the situation may be. Met my future spouse about 24 years ago and we got married in due time that year. We are divorced now but are a team working out issues that come out in life. As far as I am concerned once is plenty.

Its obvious today it would be a few minutes online to meet someone, however its not normal to us. Not when we grew up in a time without computers or internet many years ago. If you met someone in real life then you two got social and talked. If there is something there between you two then grats. Enjoy. However most people born after there is smartphones, apps, internet etc do not know how to do that the old fashioned way so they could argue that its easier to find a match. Well all I can say is just be careful. Ive run into a few good people in my time but as a trucker not everyone was a good match for me. Wife actually learned and ran with me as a team around the USA hauling medicine and blood plasma etc. She did good but the industry and its way of life was unhealthy for her. We fought cancer after. So who knows.

Where I am now many of my previous acquancies have started to pass on early in some cases before their time so that closes the book on them. As each year goes by you lose more people that you knew in life pretty fast. We lost 4 in the last 3 months to a few days ago when one died in his sleep at about 85. Another dropped at 48 or so because smoking hurt the heart. He was dead 4 weeks after. I found the body. He didnt suffer on that one but he knew that he was finished at that moment when he fell over dead like a tree.

You get used to it. Enjoy the people you love to be with while you two have each other. When you are younger you live forever and have all kinds of time to sort out whatever. Dont be in such a hurry.

I found my boyfriend of the last 3 years on Tinder. His cousin found his wife on Tinder. They're happily married with two kids 5 years later. The real tip is to FILL OUT that profile. Give people a real glimpse of not only who you are but what you are looking for in a partner. Yes, it has a hook up reputation and there is plenty of those seekers. I swiped left on anyone that didn't have anything for me to read. The more they filled out the better. The more they invested in telling me what they wanted, the more I knew (or felt) they were invested in finding something real. Hope this helps. Take care and be safe. I always told people when I was going on my first dates with people. Shared location. Safety is important.
I guess I will finally found my destiny in Tinder. :angel: Thanks for sharing your real experiences, I am blessed.

You're most welcome. I'm always happy to help where I can. We just celebrated our three year anniversary yesterday. :)

Tinder certainly isn't the only option but it is the only one I used back then.

Update: We are 4.5 years strong now! :)

I stand by my previous post; I'm not sure the platform matters as much as what you put into it. Write in DETAIL. What are you looking for, from what kind of person? Everyone has deal breakers; what are yours? e.g. smokers, kids, long distance, whatever yours might be-post them. Your interests, be honest. What would you typically want to do with a partner on your free time? Write it all. The more you put out there, the better matches you will find.

Last edited:
I’m 31years old deaf woman and I’m single and will like to meet some honest for serious relationship anywhere in the state ,I’m whiling to relocate to anywhere to be with that special man

Well, I used have tinder, however, when I put hide my profile as means I'm on break for awhile then I decided back to my tinder and somehow I got banned from tinder even I found out that someone used my text number on tinder with different email address which email address isn't mine. So, I had to reported it and I waited for six months later as try again renew tinder but still I get banned from tinder. I was so furious about it and I believe that scammers use by my text number, possible use my photos. So I'm try find another way to be able have dating over 50's. Oh well :/

Well, I used have tinder, however, when I put hide my profile as means I'm on break for awhile then I decided back to my tinder and somehow I got banned from tinder even I found out that someone used my text number on tinder with different email address which email address isn't mine. So, I had to reported it and I waited for six months later as try again renew tinder but still I get banned from tinder. I was so furious about it and I believe that scammers use by my text number, possible use my photos. So I'm try find another way to be able have dating over 50's. Oh well :/
I'm sorry someone stole your number; that must be scary and frustrating. Tinder is far from the only dating app. Bumble is one led by women, invented by a woman that had a hand in designing Tinder but it morphed into something she wasn't pleased with so she made her own. Bumble lets the woman take the lead, a man can't contact you unless you've already shown interest in him.

I don't know where you live, but maybe local events like a trivia night or community event would be a good place to meet someone.

I wish you the best of luck finding your special someone :)

I'm sorry someone stole your number; that must be scary and frustrating. Tinder is far from the only dating app. Bumble is one led by women, invented by a woman that had a hand in designing Tinder but it morphed into something she wasn't pleased with so she made her own. Bumble lets the woman take the lead, a man can't contact you unless you've already shown interest in him.

I don't know where you live, but maybe local events like a trivia night or community event would be a good place to meet someone.

I wish you the best of luck finding your special someone :)
I live Florida as well

Tinder might be good for younger people, but for us older foks (like 35+) its filled with catfishers and weirdos

Tinder might be good for younger people, but for us older foks (like 35+) its filled with catfishers and weirdos
No still scammers use tinder.. tinder is for any age who is single from 20's to 70's... So therefore it's not good for anyone period! I got banned from tinder due someone who been use my text number and been impersonator of me. That's why tinder think it was me but it was never been me, it was SCAMMER!!!!!

Back