What color is your t.v. closed captions letters?

DeafTim

Reaction score
I got a nice flat-screen tv for christmas and I tried every color. I like yellow the best b/c yellow letters is not too bright or too dark. Of course panel color is black. I use caslon font style and the words are big. It's much easier for my eyes. White letters are sometimes hard to read b/c it's too bright. Im usin large font size as well. Ahh, Im enjoyin my CCs more than ever. :)

Just white. I never got it to function with any other color.

I got a nice flat-screen tv for christmas and I tried every color. I like yellow the best b/c yellow letters is not too bright or too dark. Of course panel color is black. I use caslon font style and the words are big. It's much easier for my eyes. White letters are sometimes hard to read b/c it's too bright. Im usin large font size as well. Ahh, Im enjoyin my CCs more than ever. :)

Brand name of your HDTV? antenna TV or Cable TV?

My parents television is a cream/off-white color.
My television in my dorm room is the "old style" white with black background.
When watching on my computer, the subtitles are yellow.

Out of these, I think I prefer the cream the best.

We just got a new flat screen also. I didn't know you could change the colors. It's just white with black background

My 55" Sony HDTV is connected to FIOS HD DVR via HDMI. Therefore the HD DVR's built-in digital CC decoder must be turned on at all times. If it's turned off and TV's CC decoder is on, it will not work due to the type of connection so thank God that the HD DVR includes the decoder. I also like yellow texts (Arial-font type) with black background the best. It's very readable.

We just got a new flat screen also. I didn't know you could change the colors. It's just white with black background
Check your TV's setting menu and you should find "digital CC" somewhere maybe in video setting. You will be able to change the color, type, etc there. If you still need help, let me know the brand and model so I can look up its manual online for instructions on digital CC. Some TVs include both analog and digital CC decoders. You can't change analog CC's setting.

I need to look for that menu now, My dvd player makes them yellow but my tv is white. I find the white is difficult to read a lot of the time.

white letters with black background, just the usual CC.. but for subtitles, Yellow letters, no background.

For me, well my wife later realizes that I was right that it is easier with Magenta on black background. Tried other colors, I found this color to be best overall because it is easier on my eyes.

You guys can set the colour for your TV's CC's? In the UK they change for whoever's speaking.

Brand name of your HDTV? antenna TV or Cable TV?

Samsung and cable tv. Even my new HD-directv cable box have CC. :lol:

I didnt either,Tia! I thought ok, I wanted to see what my tv cc looks like. I was usin cable box cc and it wasnt good. The letters were small and too fast. Go to font color section and click on it. Black background is called panel. :) I will not use white color,again. Urgh!

I tried all colors and liked the yellow best.

You guys can set the colour for your TV's CC's? In the UK they change for whoever's speaking.

I noticed that. There was a program on TV, I can't remember which one it was but the captions were all coloured differently according to the characters. It was a new concept for me. I think it was "Life on Mars", the British show.

I have used Cyan text with black backgound on my cable box.

I have a Sony Google TV connected to Dish Network. I get both HD and SD programming.

My closed captioning now originates from the satellite box. I chose white background with blue letters. Very readable.

Don't USA captions on TV change colour for different people speaking?

Like howag say above, our TV does and it really useful in case you miss out who is speaking. DVDs in UK are all in one colour, it only happens on TV.

I don't think I have any choice - I have an old digital TV, and never found CC
color choice in manual.
Once in a while a blue or red part of a sentence pops in on its own, that's all.

Might be nice to have a color options, but I am so used to to white on black,
I find color variety somewhat distracting.
I might get used to it once I have it always on, though.

Fuzzy

Wirelessly posted (MyCellyTelly)

Ok, why, do i get the random colored cc at the end or beginning of a tv show? Like the previous poster, it will be one or two strips of red or blue, but thats it. Also, why does it come out as plain gibberish and random chartacters, every now and again? Thats so annoying to me, when it happens in the middle of something i am enjoying watching... And one more question- although i have watched tv with cc all my life (as a child it really aided me in my spelling and reading skills, as a hearie) as an adult, who is dependant on it now to follow whats happening in the show, i guess i never bothered to find out what the difference was between cc1 cc2 text1 and text2 etc.... Can anyone explain all that? Thanks. -Desiree-

Back