What cell phone you use and why?

jack55

Reaction score
Just curious what deaf people are using for phones and why.

I notice several big name cell phones such as the iPhone don't really cater to deaf needs such as LED Alerts or back-lights that come on at intervals until you answer your text/email etc. I've used the Blackjack and Blackberry that has those features. I also have a Samsung Impression & iPhone 3g that don't have those features too.

Related question... which carrier will let you have plan where you don't have to have the voice feature/calls etc. Just text, email, internet services.

your posted at wrong place. This subject is belong to Deaf Products & Technologies.

Are you hearing person?

Important to have cell phone for let someone know by text message/email/AIM/other ways

Also, they have video phone like iPhone 4, HTC EVO and Samsung EPIC.

I use original iphone without service. Good for Wifi only. I live near many free Wifi.

your posted at wrong place. This subject is belong to Deaf Products & Technologies.

Are you hearing person?

Important to have cell phone for let someone know by text message/email/AIM/other ways

Also, they have video phone like iPhone 4, HTC EVO and Samsung EPIC.

I use original iphone without service. Good for Wifi only. I live near many free Wifi.
Please move the post to the correct place then.
I'm deaf... completely in right ear, 95% gone in left ear.

WHY?!?! What's wrong with iPod Touch?

Anyway. I own cell phone, because it's something we're unable to reach anyone. Our past thry experience wasn't that easy and make difficult to make plan on meet. We're very fortunately that we're able to afford the special plan and ditch telephone landline to save our cost.

It would be nice if there is external signaler connect to my cell phone while at home or work that way we couldn't miss the call. From what we see that we have difficult to aware of alert in pocket when it's vibrate or not, during the activate such as work to move.

WHY?!?! What's wrong with iPod Touch?

Important for me lowest price better than ipod Touch.
Feb 2008, I got refurbished iphone for $149 from AT&T Store.

One night, my car broke down at small/quiet town. I kept eye on iphone's list of WiFi. They do not have any good place free WiFi and locked all WiFi. Just walked for few blocks to hotel and restaurant. They let me to use their password & WiFi. So, I sent email to someone has cell phone. They came to help me.

I use Samsung Messenger 2 cellphone, and I use it majorly to text my friends and having them text me back... I also use it to call my family once in a while.

VM LG touch. It is only 25 a month and has all the features that I need. Unlimited data and messaging, comes with 300 (useless to me) voice minutes. Best is the great vibration and no expensive contract. VM is owned by Sprint so it has great area.

Please move the post to the correct place then.
I'm deaf... completely in right ear, 95% gone in left ear.

Mod note:

Thread is moved to correct place.

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epix (i907))

I own a Windows Mobile phone...it has email, text LED light and has a physical keyboard.

LG enV3 in Slate Blue. Traded my Blackberry Storm for it and I feel so free now. I will never have a phone with internet again.

Are you steal neighbors's wifi ? or hack wifi encryption. Most not 100% free wifi.

At our home, no way to pick free wifi from our neighbor's wifi. One time, I picked one wifi from unknown neighbor but too weak signal.

We have FIOS at home. At workplace, I use Wifi. No reason to pay month on data service.

I am very familiar where is free Wifi like McDonald, Hotels, library, schools, Hospital, Panera, etc. That's not far fro my house. I would say about 2 miles. They have high numbers free wifi. They have few Fon Wifi at our local.

FON

Back