What are your hobbies ?

lloveparis

Reaction score
Tell me what your hobbies are.
As you now can tell, i'm a writer. l love writing, and i'm trying to write a novel set in the 1960's . l started that story 12 months ago and told myself would do it in 6 months, but l'm still only quarter of the way on the first draft. lv got boxes full of children stories and short stories and poetry but never got round to sending them to publishes. l love poetry and i'm on several Poetry forums and this last year iv been writing music lyrics. Im trying to finish one of my song lyric's off to enter a competition where the winners lyric will be put to music plus a whole load of other prizes. Im a comper as l said in one of my threads, but l also love Genealogy, which l only do my research in the Winter . lv done both my side and my husband s side of the family and got back to 1786 so far. Its a really interesting hobby and l recommend Genealogy.
So as you can see i try to keep very busy when i'm able as it keeps me from getting bored as i'm housebound.
l'd love to hear about any hobbies you have ?

Horseback, Chess, Computer building and designing (For myself), Living history,model work in various sources. Trains, trucking and so on.

Many of the things that are not necessary a hobby but rather a life activity including flying. However with my recent ongoing medical stuff most fo all that is on pause. Some activities are probably stopped for life. But I dont know yet. I pretend to pick at the music but not that good anyway. As long the tunes are somewhat recognizeable and I am not taken to the woodshed its ok.

However right now there is just too much going on medically. I endured a surgery wtihout pain medicine until the body collapsed in various ways and fixed by the doctors with the right meds finally. (My state seriously cracked down on my doctors. They are afraid to prescribe anything so they sometimes gamble and just use Tynenol or something that will not draw the State's attention to them. Unfortunately its backfired.

The good part of all this is the work is strong and the replacement repairs were awesome so my nurse says I'll probably be released with no restrictions or further care in a couple weeks instead of months. So that is my new hobby, learning the laws of medicine, medical standards for surgeries and the various body systems affected and how to make sure that does not happen again. And change the living will to DNR among other things. I had a medical emergency in hospital last saturday night and the doctors and nurses were like eh. We dont care. You are not sick sick. Yet. We need this that and other to show up before you get simple blood tests etc. (Key word simple)

With that kind of situation I will live my life however short in joy knowing the hospital wont do a damn thing should I break a leg on horseback. Oh well. so solly. I think I might become a sort of patient advocate or something in the future to fight for them when the medical system refuses to.

Surviving and badminton. Also, I really like to read books, but only utopic ones and with some adventures

Horseback, Chess, Computer building and designing (For myself), Living history,model work in various sources. Trains, trucking and so on.

Many of the things that are not necessary a hobby but rather a life activity including flying. However with my recent ongoing medical stuff most fo all that is on pause. Some activities are probably stopped for life. But I dont know yet. I pretend to pick at the music but not that good anyway. As long the tunes are somewhat recognizeable and I am not taken to the woodshed its ok.

However right now there is just too much going on medically. I endured a surgery wtihout pain medicine until the body collapsed in various ways and fixed by the doctors with the right meds finally. (My state seriously cracked down on my doctors. They are afraid to prescribe anything so they sometimes gamble and just use Tynenol or something that will not draw the State's attention to them. Unfortunately its backfired.

The good part of all this is the work is strong and the replacement repairs were awesome so my nurse says I'll probably be released with no restrictions or further care in a couple weeks instead of months. So that is my new hobby, learning the laws of medicine, medical standards for surgeries and the various body systems affected and how to make sure that does not happen again. And change the living will to DNR among other things. I had a medical emergency in hospital last saturday night and the doctors and nurses were like eh. We dont care. You are not sick sick. Yet. We need this that and other to show up before you get simple blood tests etc. (Key word simple)
Last week I discovered a new book (I read it already), "The Sound and the Fury" by William Faulkner. I am keen on his literature. So another hobby concerning my book love is to gain data about plots and structure them in my created literature notebook. https://freebooksummary.com/category/the-sound-and-the-fury helped me do it and offered a clear and free book summary about the destruction and downfall of the aristocratic Compson family. So, I hope that everybody who is in love with reading will use the service efficiently.
With that kind of situation I will live my life however short in joy knowing the hospital wont do a damn thing should I break a leg on horseback. Oh well. so solly. I think I might become a sort of patient advocate or something in the future to fight for them when the medical system refuses to.
Hey there, btw, I'm also interested in horseback, but I'm afraid of beginning some serious activity in the domain 'cause I'm not sure in my powers and courage) Would you tell smth about it?

Off topic, Riding a horse sound fun. I am watching a TV show on Netfilx - Heartland. It is about a horse farm life. It is very long series. I am on Series 9. It will be last Series 15. My sister told me that she likes that show and I am ahead of time. I think she watches it on Series 4. In the show, the family live in Alberta, Canada. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heartland_(Canadian_TV_series)

I am 72 years young. I love genealogy.... Our family has roots in the Revolutionary war but research goes further back. I also write but haven't written books yet, usually letters to the editor now. I love playing with my grandkids and their pets. I do crochet and cook up special deserts. I also write but have yet to do a book. Started it many different times, just never finished it and our memories need to be written down to share. My public school experience was not good because too many adults with control decided I was dumb and did not let me do the activities or take courses I could have. My test scores for math were so high that college put me I precalculus .... But in 1968 colleges,were not as helpful for hearing impaired as they are today. My mom pulled me out and I didn't go back to college till I was much older, then I got my degree in English and journalism.
Unfortunately that stigma still exists today and we are asked to conform to their standards.

I used to garden and miss it a lot now that im.in an apartment. Very active outdoors doing anything with water .... Ice skating, snow skiing, swimming, boating or fishing.

Recharge to start my hobby again- gardening. The previous owner of the house hesitated to take care of yards. Even will have to re-correct water sprinklers. *Cringe*

Back