What are you thinking about? Part VIII

Sometimes mail is misplaced in the wrong box. I have gotten others mail. I dont mind someone getting my mail. I just hope they pay my bills!
Unless they get your Playboy or Playgirl. :D

Sometimes mail is misplaced in the wrong box. I have gotten others mail. I dont mind someone getting my mail. I just hope they pay my bills!
I am sending all my bills to you !:D

It seems like a lot of post office having problems handling mails. I've noticed that I have been getting empty mailbox since Saturday. I asked my sister if she has been getting mails, which she said no... and said my local post office is having problems lately. They were very slow to replace mail key and other things. All of this annoys me.. good thing almost all my bills are paperless but I am expecting a insurance renewal soon in the mail.

I do have 2 addresses -- my home and PO Box. Another reason for PO Box is less worry about mail theft...

I hate the slow part. I like your PO box idea. I suggest it to my husband and we will see about that!

I am lucky enough to live in a part of town where our mail is delivered all the way to the individual houses; not to a box on the street. So when I turned a small front porch into an entry I had a mail slot put in the outside door. Mail didn't pickup dampness on a rainy day like it would in an outside box when I was still working and not bringing it in until the end of the day. Don't have to worry about accumulation when gone since it drops into the house. I have not heard of mail being taken around here but it also protects against that.

I realize this is not an option for everyone but might be something to think about if your delivery permits it.

I am lucky enough to live in a part of town where our mail is delivered all the way to the individual houses; not to a box on the street. So when I turned a small front porch into an entry I had a mail slot put in the outside door. Mail didn't pickup dampness on a rainy day like it would in an outside box when I was still working and not bringing it in until the end of the day. Don't have to worry about accumulation when gone since it drops into the house. I have not heard of mail being taken around here but it also protects against that.

I realize this is not an option for everyone but might be something to think about if your delivery permits it.

Sometimes stolen mail has nothing to do with the mailboxes. People who work at the post office steal mail especially, if they feel a gift card or see a card knowing 50/50 chances there is money inside. The mail system is how mail gets lost or stolen. There are many ways mail gets stolen . No one knows exactly how. Great, good for you that you have a secure mail delivery.

Last edited:
There has been an ongoing problem with mail in my neighborhood too. I live in a house on a street where we all have our own individual mailboxes like Jane, yet mail keeps not getting delivered or lost. Everyone keeps suspecting it is the mail carrier, but complaints to the post office have gotten us nowhere.

There has been an ongoing problem with mail in my neighborhood too. I live in a house on a street where we all have our own individual mailboxes like Jane, yet mail keeps not getting delivered or lost. Everyone keeps suspecting it is the mail carrier, but complaints to the post office have gotten us nowhere.

I had mail not delivered or sent mail lost. It’s a hassle to trace . Recently, my friend, sent a gift card to a relative and it managed to get lost or stolen. She said, it’s over the person spent that card and basically, a done deal.

I had mail not delivered or sent mail lost. It’s a hassle to trace . Recently, my friend, sent a gift card to a relative and it managed to get lost or stolen. She said, it’s over the person spent that card and basically, a done deal.
That’s really too bad. I’m a big fan of trying to do everything online these days, no more checkbooks, no more gift cards. That sort of thing.

That’s really too bad. I’m a big fan of trying to do everything online these days, no more checkbooks, no more gift cards. That sort of thing.

Yep. I even do gift cards via online and send via email (just did one for a friend's anniversary)... or hand physical cards to people.

Though it is nice to get something in the physical mail other than bills, catalogs, stupid flyers once in a while :).

Have any of you signed up for informed delivery emails? The USPS will send you an email with pics of the First Class mail that they have received for you

I always have been notified when my package arrives. For instance, my Amazon apps lets me someone is making a few stops first before my package arrives. I let my apps how I want it delivered like drop it off at leasing office or my porch. They do take the pics of packages when they deliver it. However, it's not always case. Some of them are lazy to deliver it to my porch, which pisses me off. I have to report it to Amazon.

Recently, my husband ordered a very expensive Jazz guitar online from the music company. He requested it to be delivered to the leasing office because of the heat weather. We are in Texas. I arrived home from the store and found my husband's new guitar by the door! I cannot believe someone dropped it like that at our door. Anyone could have snatched it. He's pretty infuriated about it.

Yep. I even do gift cards via online and send via email (just did one for a friend's anniversary)... or hand physical cards to people.

Though it is nice to get something in the physical mail other than bills, catalogs, stupid flyers once in a while :).
I so hate the junk mail. That is all I get these days with everything else being online. Catalogs no no no, flyers no no no. Don’t want any of it!

Have any of you signed up for informed delivery emails? The USPS will send you an email with pics of the First Class mail that they have received for you

We did...hmm I don't remember if it was 'informed delivery' or just delivery notification but it was for the USPS.

When my parents sent out a box to Utah, Dad signed up for it (and signed me up too)...it was pretty good though the delivery date told to mom and the actual delivery date (some 2 days LATER) was annoying as hell. Dad even called the Utah post office to ask...guy on the other end was .. as my father called him.. a Fathead. He was zero help.

It was a box full of chocolate chip cookies (3 containers)...and 1 important thing- the important thing was what we were worrying about.

We did...hmm I don't remember if it was 'informed delivery' or just delivery notification but it was for the USPS.

When my parents sent out a box to Utah, Dad signed up for it (and signed me up too)...it was pretty good though the delivery date told to mom and the actual delivery date (some 2 days LATER) was annoying as hell. Dad even called the Utah post office to ask...guy on the other end was .. as my father called him.. a Fathead. He was zero help.

It was a box full of chocolate chip cookies (3 containers)...and 1 important thing- the important thing was what we were worrying about.

That sounds like "tracking" for something you sent rather than this other service showing things that have been sent to you. You can get tracking for packages being sent to you as well as a service that is new that sends you a photo of the outside of everything coming to you.

Yes I know.

I'd look in my emails to verify exactly what kind but obviously yes it did have basic tracking mechanism- I couldn't remember if it included more than that- that's what I was getting at. I think I've deleted them since March.

I tried to change my avatar to what I think of is a cool looking spruce stump I dug out by hand. Instead I get a bright green avatar that irritates the crap out of me. I tried to delete my account and can't even do that.

Back