What are you thinking about? Part VIII

Welll, AC, I can see why you'd want to avoid them!

Lau, I'm so sorry - :hug:

My husband has a friend who was also an elevator mechanic, but he also had narcolepsy. So he'd fall asleep while repairing them and that's just all bad. Lol. So he had to give up that career.
Wow, that's really too bad he had to give up that career because he had to go to school for this and out and elevator mechanics make 50 dollars an hour with OT which is at double, not time and a half....son made 169 K last year........what career has your hubby's friend gone into?

I'm not sure when I started disliking them. It may have started some 20 years ago when I worked downtown Minneapolis in a building that has 55 floors and I worked on the 53rd, and it got stuck part of the way up. I had visions of it plummeting to my death lol. We were stuck for about 2 hours. And then Final Destination came along. That did it for me for elevators.

Happened to me also...Senior Class trip to Washington, DC. We all got into the elevator along with our sponsers and 2 teachers...going up to the floor that we were on (don't remember which one it was)...started going up, up, up...then a loud jolt...elevator stopped...then started going down, down at a very fast rate...we all were screaming!...then it stopped and we started smelling gas...and smoke...My teacher's face was White as Cotton...LOL...Still very leery of elevators and even escalators....

Wow, that's really too bad he had to give up that career because he had to go to school for this and out and elevator mechanics make 50 dollars an hour with OT which is at double, not time and a half....son made 169 K last year........what career has your hubby's friend gone into?
That I don't know. I was kind of under the impression his narcolepsy was so bad he's not working at all. Can't blame him.

I'm thinking about my senior cat, Bud this morning. I took the day off today; we need to go to the Vet as he has not been well. He's been isolating himself, losing weight and just not eating. We'll be putting him down. We'll miss him terribly, he's been such a special boy....and so very loved.

Laura

I'm sorry to hear that... earlier this year we had to put down one of my senior cat who is just about to turn 20. It's always hard to lose furkid like a family. :hug:

I am glad you are feeling better. Back pain is not fun!
I been seeing people doing yard work and bending over from their back and not their knees . I think DR. should post pictures for their patients showing the right way to bend and pick things up. Or maybe Dr. rather made more $$
I'm thinking about my senior cat, Bud this morning. I took the day off today; we need to go to the Vet as he has not been well. He's been isolating himself, losing weight and just not eating. We'll be putting him down. We'll miss him terribly, he's been such a special boy....and so very loved.

Laura
I am sorry to hear this sad news .

Laura
I'm sorry that you have to make this necessary but hard decision. :hug:

I feel your pain. That is never easy. They count on Mommy and Daddy to help them cross the bridge as painless as possible.

They definitely do. And when it comes unexpectedly it makes it that much harder like when I had to lose my calico 2 years ago that was so unexpected so that death hit me really hard

That this forum has totally gone downhill. We need our mod back to weed out the dumb threads and posts and posters.

That this forum has totally gone downhill. We need our mod back to weed out the dumb threads and posts and posters.

Or hire a second one.
Wonder why the other mods are so scarce these days. Or maybe I don't have to after seeing how many threads over the years have gone...

That taxes are being put on just about everything , I saw on the news tonight a city in Pa. voted to put taxes on sodas and juices . That going to hurt some families that have kids that drink a lot of juice .

Or hire a second one.
Wonder why the other mods are so scarce these days. Or maybe I don't have to after seeing how many threads over the years have gone...
I don't know if there's a need for a second mod given that this forum is so quiet these days. When Calvin comes back from his break I'm sure he will clean things up here.

That taxes are being put on just about everything , I saw on the news tonight a city in Pa. voted to put taxes on sodas and juices . That going to hurt some families that have kids that drink a lot of juice .
I saw the news about that. My town is planning to tax sodas and they said they are expecting lawsuits from soda companies.

I saw the news about that. My town is planning to tax sodas and they said they are expecting lawsuits from soda companies.
I drink calorie free Polar seltzer and I hope my state , Ma. is not next. Next there will taxes on all candies and junk food . I don't eat this but a lot of people do.

That's Philadelphia. They're not the first to do that though-- Berkeley was the first to do it and there about 70% was passed on to the consumers-- higher costs.

More on the whole soda tax- and apparently it's not the first time Philly has tried to get it passed- third time now.

http://www.phillymag.com/citified/2016/06/08/soda-tax-no-bullshit-guide/

Cant' sleep, been thinking a lot of things in my mind....

Back