What are you thinking about? Part VIII

Thinking how so tired I am. I took some vacation time but I still have to work today anyway. How inconsiderate of my staff to email me with stuff that has to be done today. And I'm still fighting the flu. But I'm going to try to do it all from home if I can.

On another note it's beautiful outside.

I am thinking of a mini break from all this work I got lol

My lower back hurts. Gonna go on a mellow bike ride, hoping it will loosen up.

How about we move on now please. If there is any problem, please PM me.

I ask that we have the peace here while I have my own issues to deal with.

Thank you.

How much I do not like elevators. I was in one yesterday. I keep thinking of Final Destination. :lol:

Have you always not liked eleavtors, AC? I was stuck in one twice, both times in college. Once was in my dorm - they'd recently renovated the dorm to make it accessible for new student who'd moved in who used a wheelchair - and the other time was while I was trying to get to class in the science building. Elevator shuddered and stopped; after attempting to unsuccessfully call for help on that panel they have <believe I was hearing at that time>, I managed to pry aprt the doors. Found I was stuck between floors. Not by very far but there was a gap. Threw by books up on the upper floor and climbed up and out.

The experiences did not affect my view toward elevators, though.They don't bother me.

I'm not sure when I started disliking them. It may have started some 20 years ago when I worked downtown Minneapolis in a building that has 55 floors and I worked on the 53rd, and it got stuck part of the way up. I had visions of it plummeting to my death lol. We were stuck for about 2 hours. And then Final Destination came along. That did it for me for elevators.

Oh nooo - stuck for 2 hours! and in that building! I can see why you don't like! How did you finally get out?

The building crew got it repaired. I do not remember the details as to what went wrong, it was a brand-new building at the time. But that's a heck of a fall if it was going to fall. So I've not been a fan of them ever since.

The building crew got it repaired. I do not remember the details as to what went wrong, it was a brand-new building at the time. But that's a heck of a fall if it was going to fall. So I've not been a fan of them ever since.
lol, my son is an elevator mechanic....

lol, my son is an elevator mechanic....
My husband has a friend who was also an elevator mechanic, but he also had narcolepsy. So he'd fall asleep while repairing them and that's just all bad. Lol. So he had to give up that career.

I'm thinking about my senior cat, Bud this morning. I took the day off today; we need to go to the Vet as he has not been well. He's been isolating himself, losing weight and just not eating. We'll be putting him down. We'll miss him terribly, he's been such a special boy....and so very loved.

Laura

I'm thinking about my senior cat, Bud this morning. I took the day off today; we need to go to the Vet as he has not been well. He's been isolating himself, losing weight and just not eating. We'll be putting him down. We'll miss him terribly, he's been such a special boy....and so very loved.

Laura
((Hugs))

Laura

I am so sorry :(

Back