What are you thinking about? Part VIII

Thinking about all the damage this last storm caused to my sons fences and the lady next doors house. Lot's of damage to her house. Made it on the local news. Luckily we are having a few dry out days with more rain coming later in the week. Folsom Dam went up over eight feet with this storm alone.

http://www.deafsinglesconnection.com/ I found a dating web site for deaf people . There are some that said 'deaf and dumb' ! I was shocked to see that !

Tried to browse but they wanted all my info for a profile before even letting me... not gonna give 'em my name!

DeafMatch is also apparently still around too.

But I digress-- I'm not going to push that sort of thing onto Derek. I hate it when it's done to me.

As for going to Deaf events... I don't need a date. I usually go alone for most things Deaf events or not. Sometimes I'll meet up with a friend- like I did with the DeafNation event in NC a couple of years ago or events up at Gallaudet.

Tried to browse but they wanted all my info for a profile before even letting me... not gonna give 'em my name!

DeafMatch is also apparently still around too.

But I digress-- I'm not going to push that sort of thing onto Derek. I hate it when it's done to me.

As for going to Deaf events... I don't need a date. I usually go alone for most things Deaf events or not. Sometimes I'll meet up with a friend- like I did with the DeafNation event in NC a couple of years ago or events up at Gallaudet.

Yeah one other thing to be aware about is scams flying around in several dating sites.

Yeah one other thing to be aware about is scams flying around in several dating sites.

Yes.. it's why I've avoided online dating sites in general... never fully trusted them tbh... so I'll be single til I die ;). Unless something happens that is lol.

Yes.. it's why I've avoided online dating sites in general... never fully trusted them tbh... so I'll be single til I die ;). Unless something happens that is lol.

dc69e8d1538106e5b1bb155e18f6b43e-waiting-for-the-perfect-woman.jpg

LOL. I could probably change that sign to be "Waiting for the perfect Man" :)

Thinking about all the damage this last storm caused to my sons fences and the lady next doors house. Lot's of damage to her house. Made it on the local news. Luckily we are having a few dry out days with more rain coming later in the week. Folsom Dam went up over eight feet with this storm alone.
Sorry about the storm damage. We understand how traumatic that can be.

I know that your state needs the rain but it would be nice if it were more evenly distributed over time, I'm sure.

Sorry about the storm damage. We understand how traumatic that can be.

I know that your state needs the rain but it would be nice if it were more evenly distributed over time, I'm sure.
When I was living in Northern Ca. I was helping a guy take stuff out of his truck and the ground just fell from under my feet ! I grabbed the back of the pickup
truck and there was a small hole under me . I thought the ground was going to open up on me . It was a dirt road and we had gotten a lot rain that winter .
I had to move out of a cabin I was renting b/c the road the cabin was washing away too. The rain can down nonstop for just about a whole week and I ran out of
firewood. I had to break up a wooden box and old chair for firewood , it was beautiful up in Northern Ca. but my landlord didn't know to maintain his dirt road
during the rainy season. The old timers knew how to maintain their dirt roads so I moved onto a road that had old timers living on it.

Thinking I'll thank my friend for giving me a reason to come down to DC for the day. It's a beautiful day and I did a lot of walking (feet will not thank my friend ;giggle: )
Unfortunately i have not been able to meet up with my friend as she took I'll during her trip and is testing in the "private" lounge.

Thinking I'll thank my friend for giving me a reason to come down to DC for the day. It's a beautiful day and I did a lot of walking (feet will not thank my friend ;giggle: )
Unfortunately i have not been able to meet up with my friend as she took I'll during her trip and is testing in the "private" lounge.

Not sure what you were trying to do with this post but the last sentence came in for me kinda "disjointed".

Not sure what you were trying to do with this post but the last sentence came in for me kinda "disjointed".

"Unfortunately I have not been able to meet up with my friend as she took ill during her trip and is resting in the "private" lounge." is what she was saying.

I am thinking of good friends who know to make me laugh and have a bad influence on me hahahaha

Keep in mind, some of the people here use mobile and it's autocorrect does get the word out of context. Suppose if I type ill, the phone autocorrect will change to "I'll" Sometimes the smartphones assume what you were going to say and can be easily overlooked when you submit or send a text.

Depending on the phrase, it is usually easy to catch the errors from the mobile autocorrect "She took I'll and is testing in the "private" lounge." It's easy to figure out "She took ill and is resting in the private lounge"

Last edited:
That we broke a record yesterday for the warmest day of March 7 here at 70 degrees. (The previous record was 69.) And TODAY's high is only supposed to be 42. What a letdown. :lol:

That we broke a record yesterday for the warmest day of March 7 here at 70 degrees. (The previous record was 69.) And TODAY's high is only supposed to be 42. What a letdown. :lol:

At least you're warmer than here... in my area, looking at upper 50's to low 60's with rain all week.

yeah, yesterday was a 70's day for us in WI too and I went for a nice long walk and had the dogs outside with me quite a bit, one-on-one <not playing together yet>
It was beautiful!

Back