What are you thinking about? Part VIII

Horrible fire in Smokey Mountain. :(

I went to Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge before for vacation.

My friend marked herself safe from the fire on Facebook. She was really close to the fire.

I spent time in Gatlinburg, TN with my deaf family had a grand time. We visited her friend, with a lovely home and now , I find out the lady lost her home. Lovely place to visit Gatlinburg and Pidgon Forge. Sad all gone.

Glad your friend is safe.

I have been to Gatlinburg before... lots of tourism place. Hope the fire get put out soon... :(

I spent time in Gatlinburg, TN with my deaf family had a grand time. We visited her friend, with a lovely home and now , I find out the lady lost her home. Lovely place to visit Gatlinburg and Pidgon Forge. Sad all gone.

Glad your friend is safe.
I'm so sorry about your friend losing her home. :-(

SilverRoxy, I'm also very happy your friend is safe but sad about the loss. We visited Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area on our way to South Carolina some years back. It was really pretty in many areas and interesting.

That people think it's OK to go a city park and cut branches off pine trees for Christmas decoration! Two women were doing this and I told them they weren't allow to cut city trees and they said they were only cutting the lower branches off . WTF! They stopped and left . I called the park department and was told people are not allowed to cut the city trees . The woman thanks me for letting her know and she will have the park caretakers keep any eye out .

Rio apparently has me on ignore because Silver Roxy's post was in reply to mine not Rio's as she already replied to Rio's!

*smdh*

BTW thank you Roxy, I'm glad too your friend is safe too.

Why Rio placed you on her ignore list? :hmm:

That people think it's OK to go a city park and cut branches off pine trees for Christmas decoration! Two women were doing this and I told them they weren't allow to cut city trees and they said they were only cutting the lower branches off . WTF! They stopped and left . I called the park department and was told people are not allowed to cut the city trees . The woman thanks me for letting her know and she will have the park caretakers keep any eye out .
I worked for Park and Forrestry, You can cut branches as long as not to destroy a tree... HOWEVER you are NOT allowed to cut down any trees. You can get your city/county ordenances on their websites. Some may make exceptions to the rules, some more strict than others, but public parks are just that... Forrests and National parks are Federal Property and have different laws to abide by and they are no damage allowed.

I'm so sorry about your friend losing her home. :-(
I stand correct . I make a measly mistake from my mobile and everyone attacks like it's a crime to make an error.

Anyways, thank you

I worked for Park and Forrestry, You can cut branches as long as not to destroy a tree... HOWEVER you are NOT allowed to cut down any trees. You can get your city/county ordenances on their websites. Some may make exceptions to the rules, some more strict than others, but public parks are just that... Forrests and National parks are Federal Property and have different laws to abide by and they are no damage allowed.
I called the my city park department was told people are not allowed to cut branches off the city trees. My city is strict about this park , a lot money is spend on it keep it nice looking . We had a serious drought this summer and the city is spending money to try and save them and don't want people messing with them . There was park caretaker there and he didn't like kids hanging off the lower branches b/c the parents would let their break the branches right off. Some guys cut off the top of pine trees one winter to sell as Christmas trees. The jackasses killed a lot of trees doing this ! The women could gone to a tree farm and see if had any tree branches for free or cheap instead of going to a popular park or gone to the woods picked up branches like most people do.

I've been thinking lately of printing up ADA law clauses and show up at my physical therapist's facility and wave papers in front of the receptionist's face that they're required by the law to provide terp for me.

Well, the issue is solved, but I am not sure. Receptionist reminded me the cancellation policy if I canceled my appointment, I will be charged for fee plus interpreter fee. Sounds like illegal. SMH.

Well, the issue is solved, but I am not sure. Receptionist reminded me the cancellation policy if I canceled my appointment, I will be charged for fee plus interpreter fee. Sounds like illegal. SMH.
nope, you have a window to cancel just like anyone else. we have 24hrs before appointment to cancel but I have canceled many the same day and never been charged.
someone is pulling a fast one, you can check with ADA and see what they say, but laws and rules I believe are across the board deaf or not.

nope, you have a window to cancel just like anyone else. we have 24hrs before appointment to cancel but I have canceled many the same day and never been charged.
someone is pulling a fast one, you can check with ADA and see what they say, but laws and rules I believe are across the board deaf or not.
also ask the office for a copy of their guidelines or whatever its called. I bet its not in there either.

Back