What are you thinking about Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got flu shots today too. Hope it works better than last year.

Is your arm hurting yet? I made sure to get the shot in the arm I don't sleep on. Made that mistake last year.

Is your arm hurting yet? I made sure to get the shot in the arm I don't sleep on. Made that mistake last year.

Yes it does, and I feel very ill. Also hoping that is better by tomorrow.

Yes it does, and I feel very ill. Also hoping that is better by tomorrow.

Sorry you're feeling ill Botti. I remember last year you got really sick even with the flu shot. Hope you feel better soon.

I sleep on my left side b/c my right arm hurt , I would not be able to sleep on either side if my left arm hurt too. I was thinking of getting the flu shot this year , I hadn't gotten one since in the 90's . I only got the flu once in this time.

Must be the shots they made this year. I got my flu shot Thursday and my arm is hurting and the side of my throat started feeling sore earlier today.

Must be the shots they made this year. I got my flu shot Thursday and my arm is hurting and the side of my throat started feeling sore earlier today.

I was thinking of not getting a shot this year. Thankfully, I never get the flu mostly because I'm not around a lot of people anymore. BUT...I have a three year old goddaughter I babysit quite often lately. She likes to share everything with me.

I was thinking of not getting a shot this year. Thankfully, I never get the flu mostly because I'm not around a lot of people anymore. BUT...I have a three year old goddaughter I babysit quite often lately. She likes to share everything with me.

I didn't used to get it but have the past couple years. After my grandma died in 2013 my grandpa ended up in the hospital with pnuemonia and I picked something up visiting him and it ended up being pnuemonia too so I've gotten the shot since. My doc put me on Levaquin and it was horrible made me sick too. Didn't know till later it can be used to treat Anthrax :shock:

I'm thinking about NOT getting the flu shot this year. i never got it until my husband was ill and then I continued after his passing because my daughter was in the nurse tech program in high school and now is a nursing student in college. Since we're no longer living together, I don't see the need to get it to protect her. Knock on wood, I've never had the flu (unless I had it as a kid and don't remember).

I've never gotten the flu shot. The one and only time my husband had his flu shot, he became so ill we had to take him to the hospital by ambulance. Not doing it again.

Haven't had a flu or pneumonia shot since the 90s...to me, the less vaccines and pills I put into my body, the better I'll be,...but that's just me.

I've never gotten the flu shot. The one and only time my husband had his flu shot, he became so ill we had to take him to the hospital by ambulance. Not doing it again.

Wow, that's frightening! Was he diagnosed with the flu, or was he allergic to the vaccine, did he have pneumonia? Sorry for all the questions, just never happened to hear of anyone being very ill from the shot.

Wow, that's frightening! Was he diagnosed with the flu, or was he allergic to the vaccine, did he have pneumonia? Sorry for all the questions, just never happened to hear of anyone being very ill from the shot.

I heard of people getting sick from a flu shot . I got mine when I was health aide b/c my boss said the flu was going to really bad and she wanted us health aides to be protected and our clients too .

The most random thought I had in years a tortoise bonking a lettuce and no I not had brain enhancing anything..I not get this scene out of my head

It was just the flu. I don't think there was an allergy reaction. He has severe TBI from Iraq so I think any illness he gets is over-amplified. He was so miserable he couldn't (wouldn't) tolerate the one hour drive to the VA hospital so we had an ambulance take him instead.

Anyway I had a miserable day myself. Was supposed to go to 2 weddings today and made it to neither. I took a shower this morning to get ready, and fell after getting out. I think wet feet. I fell right into my face and totally smashed my lip through my teeth. We had to go to the ER where I got 12 stitches. I didn't realize at first how bad it was until I saw all the blood on the floor. I had to call for my hubby who was downstairs and he got me some clothes to put on and off to the hospital. What a day.

Anyway I had a miserable day myself. Was supposed to go to 2 weddings today and made it to neither. I took a shower this morning to get ready, and fell after getting out. I think wet feet. I fell right into my face and totally smashed my lip through my teeth. We had to go to the ER where I got 12 stitches. I didn't realize at first how bad it was until I saw all the blood on the floor. I had to call for my hubby who was downstairs and he got me some clothes to put on and off to the hospital. What a day.

Sorry to hear,

At least you are back home and able to rest. Heal quickly!

Sorry to hear,

At least you are back home and able to rest. Heal quickly!

Thank you. I slept for a few hours and hubby snuck out to get chicken and make me my favorite chicken dinner. It comes out of the oven in 30 mins so I'm staying awake late!

Thinking about going to bed since it's almost 2am here lol 'night folks! Hope y'all had a good weekend.

yikes AlleyCat! when it rains it pours. I hope you and the hubby get better soon, darn nice of hubby to make you dinner :)

Ouch AC. Hope you heal quickly. Hope you were able to enjoy the chicken with you mouth having all those stitches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back