What are you thinking about Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been getting the weirdest calls this time. They've been mostly from Democrats. We even got a pollster for the Democrats who asked if we were voting for the Democratic candidate. When TCS told her "no" she seemed surprised and asked why not. He told her we're not Democrats (she had asked about all voters in our house). She acted like she didn't believe us. In fact, we had a few callers similar to that. They thought they were calling a Democratic household. I don't know why; neither of us has ever registered as a Democrat. We got almost nothing from the Republicans. :dunno:

Same here Reba. All calls and all mailings are Democratic in nature but no Democrats in the house. Even the first Sample Ballot sent was all Democrat. The whole county got that, then they had to send a corrected Sample Ballot.

Same here Reba. All calls and all mailings are Democratic in nature but no Democrats in the house. Even the first Sample Ballot sent was all Democrat. The whole county got that, then they had to send a corrected Sample Ballot.

We have been getting almost half and half with more from the Dems.....

We've been getting the weirdest calls this time. They've been mostly from Democrats. We even got a pollster for the Democrats who asked if we were voting for the Democratic candidate. When TCS told her "no" she seemed surprised and asked why not. He told her we're not Democrats (she had asked about all voters in our house). She acted like she didn't believe us. In fact, we had a few callers similar to that. They thought they were calling a Democratic household. I don't know why; neither of us has ever registered as a Democrat. We got almost nothing from the Republicans. :dunno:

Your voting record is public info so I wonder if what party you're show up too . I am wonder if you vote GOP all the time they feel there is no need to call you . I got a lot junk mail from GOP ,most of it was from GOP. I could covered one wall with all the huge postcards I been getting. I did not talk to the pollsters , I just hung up on them . I was getting a robotic call , I picked up my phone and told them to stop calling me then hung . They called back the next day and I listened to the call and realize it was a robotic call and not a person I spoke to. LOL!

Your voting record is public info so I wonder if what party you're show up too . I am wonder if you vote GOP all the time they feel there is no need to call you .
There is no way that they know for whom I vote. That is not public record. Everyone's vote is private.

I'm a registered independent--no party affiliation.

Even if it were connected to registration, in our state's election several of the positions have more than one candidate from each party.

I got a lot junk mail from GOP ,most of it was from GOP. I could covered one wall with all the huge postcards I been getting. I did not talk to the pollsters , I just hung up on them . I was getting a robotic call , I picked up my phone and told them to stop calling me then hung . They called back the next day and I listened to the call and realize it was a robotic call and not a person I spoke to. LOL!
Yeah, you can't tell the robo-calls anything. :lol:

Your voting record is public info so I wonder if what party you're show up too . I am wonder if you vote GOP all the time they feel there is no need to call you . I got a lot junk mail from GOP ,most of it was from GOP. I could covered one wall with all the huge postcards I been getting. I did not talk to the pollsters , I just hung up on them . I was getting a robotic call , I picked up my phone and told them to stop calling me then hung . They called back the next day and I listened to the call and realize it was a robotic call and not a person I spoke to. LOL!

There is no way that they know for whom I vote. That is not public record. Everyone's vote is private.

Even if it were connected to registration, in our state's election several of the positions have more than one candidate from each party.

Whatdidyousay may have made the assumption that your party affiliation is known by the voting record on the fact that in some states to vote in the Primary Election you have to ask for a specific parties' ballot.

Yes it a public record that you voted , it does not say who you voted for , but it does say you voted . I posted that I got my 'voter report card ' and it said "who I voted for is private but it's public record that I voted . This was in my state my daughter got one too. I got excellent on my report card b/c I voted the last four elections and that is correct , I did vote in the last 4 elections . So this is on public . It does not say who I voted for . I wonder if it say what party I am too. I am Independent .

Thinking how busy I will be this week. We close on and move to the new house. Final packing going on this week. So thankful I started the packing months ago. It was a nice weekend to not be crazy packing.

Yay! How exciting!!!!!!!!

Thinking how excited I am to go to Zumba class at my old job and surprise my former co workers by joining them to exercise. I am off tmw but at my old workplace, they aren't. Will be a good surprise! :)

That is what I said ! They do NOT know who you voted for but it public record that you went out and voted . I am a registered independent too but it's still public record that I went to my poll and voted .

:hmm: I just realized that I've lived in this county for 14 years. That's 1/4 of my life, as I moved here at 16.

:hmm: I just realized that I've lived in this county for 14 years. That's 1/4 of my life, as I moved here at 16.

Just so you'll know ... it isn't 1/4 ...its almost 1/2 of your life ... 16 + 14 = 30. If 14 years was 1/4 of your life you'd be 56.

Just so you'll know ... it isn't 1/4 ...its almost 1/2 of your life ... 16 + 14 = 30. If 14 years was 1/4 of your life you'd be 56.

The halfway point doesn't come until 2015, when I turn 32 (age-wise, that is, as I will be 31 before long), and quite frankly, I would much prefer to be here, and I'm not 56, thank you. Got a long way to go before I get there.

The halfway point doesn't come until 2015, when I turn 32 (age-wise, that is, as I will be 31 before long), and quite frankly, I would much prefer to be here, and I'm not 56, thank you. Got a long way to go before I get there.

He said NEARLY 1/2 your life. And he was pointing out that it's a lot more than a 1/4 of your life.

That is what I said ! They do NOT know who you voted for but it public record that you went out and voted . I am a registered independent too but it's still public record that I went to my poll and voted .

Please look at what I added the bold to from the first quote of what you said. The way you phrased that at least two of us took it to mean that you were saying they could tell by the public voting records who you voted for.

What you claim in the second quote was not clear.

You must be super excited. I find packing is much easier than unpacking, do you? When you unpacked, you have to find a space for everything.

I have started clearing out a lot of stuff I don't want anymore....want to simplify our lives. OMG I have a lot of crap. Also my daughter and her now ex boyfriend stored a lot of stuff at my house before they left for school in Ireland. Now they are not coming back yet all their junk is here. When she comes visits at Christmas she is going to be busy de-junking my house. HAHA

I'm super excited for you AlleyCat...a brand new house!!!!

Thank you. I am super excited to the point of being over-anxious. Feeling rough with that right now.

Am thinking about what to do. My dog, while she is okay, was attacked by some loose dogs in neighborhood. We now have 6-8 that are now allowed to run loose at times. Sad thing is, there is a Town rule, County Law and State Law that all dogs must be leashed when not in house for fenced property. I'm still hoping mine can be a service dog.

Whatdidyousay may have made the assumption that your party affiliation is known by the voting record on the fact that in some states to vote in the Primary Election you have to ask for a specific parties' ballot.
In our state we can vote in either primary; we just can't vote in both during the same period. We don't have to declare our party affiliation (if any) to vote. Also, our voter registration cards don't show any party affiliation.

Please look at what I added the bold to from the first quote of what you said. The way you phrased that at least two of us took it to mean that you were saying they could tell by the public voting records who you voted for.

What you claim in the second quote was not clear.

If you knew how to read you would had seen that I said "I WONDER if people knew which party you're . I did NOT say they knew who which candidates you voted for !! The next time you get a census from your city or town look at it carefully , there will be a letter 'D' , R' or 'I" after your name to show which 'party' you belong to. The census is addressed to you or resident so if you move out the next could get that letter and know which party you belong to. Who you vote is NO one business , if you voted is public record . Do you get that now ? This was just on the news, people are getting mails that shoe their neighbors voting .

http://www.valleynewslive.com/story/27261260/women-receives-letter-with-neighbors-voting-history

Yes it a public record that you voted , it does not say who you voted for , but it does say you voted . I posted that I got my 'voter report card ' and it said "who I voted for is private but it's public record that I voted . This was in my state my daughter got one too. I got excellent on my report card b/c I voted the last four elections and that is correct , I did vote in the last 4 elections . So this is on public . It does not say who I voted for . I wonder if it say what party I am too. I am Independent .
Voter report card--another piece of paper for the landfill, paid for by taxpayers.

If they want to make it meaningful, they should at least attach a Dunkin' Donuts gift card to those that have an excellent grade. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back