What are you thinking about Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
thinking, struggling not to eat the kettle corn. :ugh:

Awww, kettle corn is SOOOO good. Eat all you want! :)

I don't know if this will be regarded as a spoiler or welcome. But one of the groups that has had a stand at the DuBois Center Fall Festival does quite well with kettle corn. As seen in the attachment below, they do it in an actual iron kettle over a wood fire. The metal tubs in the front of the photo are what they dump it in right out of the kettle. The gals at the right of the photo are doing the next stage. It is then sold in bags.

(DuBois Center is a Camp & Conference Center that is affiliated with the Illinois South Conference of the United Church of Christ and located slightly east off of Route 51 just north of the town of DuBois. Their major money making project is a Fall Festival held the first Sunday in October.)

Attachments

• 7223 Popping corn.jpg
    7223 Popping corn.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 19
I don't know if this will be regarded as a spoiler or welcome. But one of the groups that has had a stand at the DuBois Center Fall Festival does quite well with kettle corn. As seen in the attachment below, they do it in an actual iron kettle over a wood fire. The metal tubs in the front of the photo are what they dump it in right out of the kettle. The gals at the right of the photo are doing the next stage. It is then sold in bags.

(DuBois Center is a Camp & Conference Center that is affiliated with the Illinois South Conference of the United Church of Christ and located slightly east off of Route 51 just north of the town of DuBois. Their major money making project is a Fall Festival held the first Sunday in October.)

ha ha I rather wait for tuesday to come. Farmers market is always here near my work every tuesday. They will sell the fresh & homemade kettle corn. :drool:

ha ha I rather wait for tuesday to come. Farmers market is always here near my work every tuesday. They will sell the fresh & homemade kettle corn. :drool:

That is what I posted is! Hot off the fire. But the event is only the first Sunday in October. It is a beautiful rural site on a lake, admission is free and there are stands selling other food and crafts (with the crafters doing demonstrations). You can take a pontoon boat ride, a wagon ride around the property and/or a horse ride in the corral. There are also musical groups playing at three different places.

When I first looked at the photo I thought a guy had two faces ! The 2 men are standing so close to one another. LOL!

That is what I posted is! Hot off the fire. But the event is only the first Sunday in October. It is a beautiful rural site on a lake, admission is free and there are stands selling other food and crafts (with the crafters doing demonstrations). You can take a pontoon boat ride, a wagon ride around the property and/or a horse ride in the corral. There are also musical groups playing at three different places.

Loverly and yummy!! Fresh and homemade popcorns taste GREAT. whats more they dont sell with the leftover kernels in the bag!! thats a PLUS. Store sells kettle corn bags with the leftover kernals or lumpy of sugars in them. UGH.

Our state fair sells it very year. But they only run for 2 weeks. I make a point to buy a couple of bags each year :). I don't know where else to find it around here that is fresh.

I wish I have someone to watch my dog while I visit my sister in Texas for 15 days. Kennel costs $300 for 15 days ($20 per day). The plane ticket is $256. Kennel should not be more than my plane ticket. :(

I wish I have someone to watch my dog while I visit my sister in Texas for 15 days. Kennel costs $300 for 15 days ($20 per day). The plane ticket is $256. Kennel should not be more than my plane ticket. :(

And sadly I consider you lucky - the local boarding place here charges $55 a night. Way more then I spend on myself during vacation.

Actually, if you compare what your dog gets for $300 vs what you get for $256...
But, yeah, nobody wants extra expenses when they travel.

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

Thinking about why people love to gossip.

I think your dog can fly free or very cheaply under your seat if you take him with you.

I think your dog can fly free or very cheaply under your seat if you take him with you.

Is the dog small enough to fit in a carrier under the seat?

How does the sister feel about the dog? That could be a factor.

Very true. I think the dog is a min pin so it would depend if her sister would welcome the dog.

If ever plan to board your dog at a kennel made sure they have a fire alarm system with a water sprinkler just encase a fire happen .

I don't think my dog will be happy sitting still under my seat for a long period of time. My dog barks alot so he will drive everybody crazy. I dont think it is a good idea because my sister is having a baby.

Actually, if you compare what your dog gets for $300 vs what you get for $256...
But, yeah, nobody wants extra expenses when they travel.

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

I have to figure out how to come up with $300.

I have to figure out how to come up with $300.

Ask your friends if they would dog-sit for $100 or so. I have taken care of a dog for a friend three different times and I will take care of another friend's dog for the first time.

I never asked for cash. The first friend paid me well and the second friend decided on a dinner and movie treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back