What are you thinking about Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw a semi-truck with a fully loaded trailer back up on a major street. Now I can truly appreciate how tough they have it when that happens.

Don't see why not- I've heard of some individuals over the age of 65 getting CIs and doing pretty well with them. If I remember Frances Parsons was well into her 60s when she got hers....

My audiologist has a patient who is 94 years old and she got a CI around the same time I did. Never too old I guess. She must be in amazing good health that is for sure.

Thinking how good the Kale that I cooked tasted...love all greens, but the family will only eat Collards or green beans....gonna freeze some of it for later usage....and thinking of my Thanksgiving Dinner....we're gonna have it outside this year...hoping the weather is good and no rain....

I'm cooking this year....ERRRRRR!!!! My mom usually has Thanksgiving but she is going to my sisters this year. We always cook for Christmas Eve but I haven't cooked for Thanksgiving in probably ten years or so. It will just be us and two of the kids and maybe their significant others.

Have you tried deep frying it? I've never done it with Kale, but I see so many of my friends on FB who do that. Maybe the family would like it that way?

No...and that's a new one for me!...:hmm:....Once, I cooked some Mustard Greens and tried to pass them off as Collards...:giggle: needless to say, it didn't work....

My audiologist has a patient who is 94 years old and she got a CI around the same time I did. Never too old I guess. She must be in amazing good health that is for sure.

Wow ! I am surprise the insurance company paid for it , I would had though they felt she was too old to spend money on. Yeah I guess she is in good health . I had a client and her husband was in about 90 yo and you would never had known it, the guy was did not have an once of fat on him and he had great posture . I asked him know he kept so fit and the guy said he owned his hardware store and had to pick heavy bags etc all the time. He did no have to go a gym and pay $$$ to work out. None of my clients did and most of all looked for her age.

I'm cooking this year....ERRRRRR!!!! My mom usually has Thanksgiving but she is going to my sisters this year. We always cook for Christmas Eve but I haven't cooked for Thanksgiving in probably ten years or so. It will just be us and two of the kids and maybe their significant others.

I am not looking forward to the holidays , yuck!

I am not looking forward to the holidays , yuck!

I don't enjoy the holidays particularly either, they are tiring for sure, having people over where you can't join the conversation.

I just sit there with a smile on my face and enjoy having my family around. I pick up a little of conversation here and there. I don't see any of my family very often so I'm just pleased with their company.

I host T-day with about 6 people, that's my limit. I also do a Christmas eve day luncheon with even fewer people.

I don't enjoy the holidays particularly either, they are tiring for sure, having people over where you can't join the conversation.

I just sit there with a smile on my face and enjoy having my family around. I pick up a little of conversation here and there. I don't see any of my family very often so I'm just pleased with their company.

I host T-day with about 6 people, that's my limit. I also do a Christmas eve day luncheon with even fewer people.

Same here , now that I had lost more hearing it'll be harder for me to keep up with conversation. And I am not really crazy about the people I am eating with. My daughter want me there so I go for that reason. I would rather stay home , I am not into stuffing myself anymore. Six people where in my family growing up and my dad's mother came too. That is plenty of people any more would be too noisy for us to hear anything.

Our tribe increases. We added another granddaughter early this morning.

7 lb 10 oz and 21 inches long.

Our tribe increases. We added another granddaughter early this morning.

7 lb 10 oz and 21 inches long.

Ooh, congrats all around! Lucky you, I have no grands and one daughter who is 51, so none in my future.

I hate christmas,We got be nice to each other if grandchildren around,then it case which grandparents going to see anticipation it going to be us but disappointment if not

Congrats! I would love to see a picture of your granddaughter!

Sure. :) She was born at a birthing center and they went home in just two hours, which is why she is in a car seat.

34nozsw.jpg

Sure. :) She was born at a birthing center and they went home in just two hours, which is why she is in a car seat.

34nozsw.jpg

:aw: look at that, so sweet! I can not imagine going home in two hours. i know they pop them out today so easily in most circumstances, unlike back in the day of anesthesia.

:aw: look at that, so sweet! I can not imagine going home in two hours. i know they pop them out today so easily in most circumstances, unlike back in the day of anesthesia.

I can't imagine it either, but my daughter and her husband have four more children at home, and didn't want them to be separated too long.

My daughter is a very strong person. :)

I can't imagine it either, but my daughter and her husband have four more children at home, and didn't want them to be separated too long.

My daughter is a very strong person. :)

I probably could have gone home the same day, but I figured why shouldn't I take it easy as long as the insurance was paying for me to stay in the hospital a few days. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back