What are you thinking about? Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be a stupid question... But why is st. Patrick's celebrated? Cuz i seriously hVe no ideA.

Seriously, Dreamer? There's been a discussion about that already. Just go to thread ‘ Happy St. Patrick's Day to AllDeaf' and see why we do it. :P

Mark

Sent from my Asus Memo Pad using AllDeaf Mobile App

Sadly, my ploy to not where green resulted in no pinching :(

Someone pinches me, I would've pinched back--- hypothecially speaking. I wore green gloves this morning, after buying them last Saturday on the spur of the moment.

Mark

Sent from my Asus Memo Pad using AllDeaf Mobile App

Waiting for May 5 th hahaha love this day bring out the Mexican good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My mom makes that every year too. This year she is out of town:-(
My daughter lives in Dublin and attends Trinity College. My mom is from County Cork and my father was from Waterford. We have a lot of relatives there but I will probably never meet any of them.

My family and I are from Tipperary (Mother's side, my father's side is from NW England). I haven't been to Dublin in 21 years.. :(

The story of saint patrick

The true story of St. Patrick.

Who is St. Patrick?
People all over the world celebrate on the 17th day of March in honor of St. Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland. Some cities have parades, most revelers wear green, and a few families commemorate the day with traditional Irish fare for their meal. However, not everyone may know who St. Patrick is.

Born in Britain during the 4th century, St. Patrick was kidnapped and enslaved by Irish raiders when he was a teenager. Although he was able to escape after six years and become a priest in Britain, he later chose to return to Ireland as a missionary, in order to help spread the teachings of Christianity to pagans. According to Irish folklore, he also used a shamrock to explain the Christian concept of Trinity to the Irish. In spite of continuous opposition from pagan leaders, he continued to evangelize for thirty years while baptizing newly converted Christians and establishing monasteries, churches, and schools. He died on March 17th and was canonized by the local church.

St. Patrick's Day was first publicly celebrated in Boston in 1737 where a large population of Irish immigrants resided. Nearly 200 years later, the first St. Patrick's Day parade in the Irish Free State was held in Dublin in 1931. During the mid 90's, the Irish government also began a campaign to promote tourism in Ireland on March 17th.

While many Catholics still quietly celebrate this day of religious observance by going to mass, St. Patrick's Day slowly evolved to become a celebration of Irish heritage. Through the years, along with legendary shamrocks, many symbols were included in festivities that are reflective of Ireland's folklore, culture, and national identity (think leprechauns, ethnic cuisine, and wearing green). Other places that join in on this celebration include Japan, New Zealand, Argentina, and Canada, along with many cities across the United States.

The true story of St. Patrick.

Who is St. Patrick?
People all over the world celebrate on the 17th day of March in honor of St. Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland. Some cities have parades, most revelers wear green, and a few families commemorate the day with traditional Irish fare for their meal. However, not everyone may know who St. Patrick is.

Born in Britain during the 4th century, St. Patrick was kidnapped and enslaved by Irish raiders when he was a teenager. Although he was able to escape after six years and become a priest in Britain, he later chose to return to Ireland as a missionary, in order to help spread the teachings of Christianity to pagans. According to Irish folklore, he also used a shamrock to explain the Christian concept of Trinity to the Irish. In spite of continuous opposition from pagan leaders, he continued to evangelize for thirty years while baptizing newly converted Christians and establishing monasteries, churches, and schools. He died on March 17th and was canonized by the local church.

St. Patrick's Day was first publicly celebrated in Boston in 1737 where a large population of Irish immigrants resided. Nearly 200 years later, the first St. Patrick's Day parade in the Irish Free State was held in Dublin in 1931. During the mid 90's, the Irish government also began a campaign to promote tourism in Ireland on March 17th.

While many Catholics still quietly celebrate this day of religious observance by going to mass, St. Patrick's Day slowly evolved to become a celebration of Irish heritage. Through the years, along with legendary shamrocks, many symbols were included in festivities that are reflective of Ireland's folklore, culture, and national identity (think leprechauns, ethnic cuisine, and wearing green). Other places that join in on this celebration include Japan, New Zealand, Argentina, and Canada, along with many cities across the United States.

Interesting.

Im thinking I'd like to relive our golf vacation from last weekend. It was therapy no money can buy. But golf season already almost here now anyway

Waiting this 7 - 14 days to hear back on my back ground / final approval to see if I got this job. I am in the running with a few other candidates for this job so we'll see. I filled out a bunch of paperwork and all that stuff. Staying optimistic... but we'll see... :ugh:

Waiting this 7 - 14 days to hear back on my back ground / final approval to see if I got this job. I am in the running with a few other candidates for this job so we'll see. I filled out a bunch of paperwork and all that stuff. Staying optimistic... but we'll see... :ugh:

Good luck!! I really hope you get it!!

Yet again I sit here late at night and into the morning hours unable to sleep because I've been either unable to fall asleep due to thoughts or when I can sleep, I have the same bad dreams and I can't deal with them, so I'm just staying awake until I pass out and trying to avoid a level of sleep where I dream.

I realise the only person I have come across that told me I was attractive to them in some way (Can't imagine me being attractive to anyone in any way at all) is untouchable and that is likely not ever going to change since they're dating a person they really click with and couldn't undermine that relationship because I do have some respect for that person.

Kinda wishing I had something like alcohol or pot to let me get a peaceful sleep and maybe even make my time awake more tolerable. I also have my coming out letter to my parents typed up since back in January, but still can't make my finger click the button on the mouse to make the cursor click the send button.

I can't help but wonder why exactly was I born, I serve no purpose other than to consume resources to just survive and never able to get ahead no matter how much effort I put toward making something of this life, his world.

The other day I laid on the floor and stared at the ceiling and thought about the meaning of life, how it seems to be relative to every individual and for me, it seems the meaning of my existence for some reason is stuck being alone, lonely, never to succeed or ever find a modicum of happiness no matter how hard I try.

I also thought about lyrics fitting my thoughts toward the aforementioned person I have serious feelings for "Love you so much it makes me sick". I have more thoughts on my mind, but I'm not ready to share them, I need to reflect on them more, but it feels a very tiny bit better to get my thoughts out there, almost like someone gives a shit, you know? Even though nobody really does, it's nice to pretend they do.

Thinking that I wish I can just teach my students and be left alone.

Just a thought.

There are 7.046 Billion people in the world right now. Out of 7.046 Billion people in this world right now, to think that only one of those people finds you attractive is a little bit asinine don't you think? Perhaps you're not getting yourself out there enough, or not getting yourself out there enough to the right people? Sometimes in life, we hit bumps that aren't so easy. We run into idiots that make us want to blow up corners of the earth where they reside and not really care who we take with it. Mark makes me want to blow up Chicago every time he opens up his dumb a$$ mouth every day. However, I think to myself, just because he's a dumb a$$ idiot who lies, can't think, is stupid and makes everyone pity him, why should I blow up all those other cool people in Illinois? There's other cool people over there who don't deserve to suffer from his idiocy. The same scenario applies here to you. You live in the area you live. There are tons of people right next door to you that you don't even know! Across the street, down the road, a few blocks down, a mile away... whatever! You don't know... you haven't ran into those people... maybe you will... maybe you won't. Maybe those people might run into you, maybe they'd get the super hots for you... maybe they wouldn't. Either way, life isn't about having people find us attractive or not. It isn't about being pleasing to other people. Life is about pleasing ourselves. You can't be pleasing to other people if you're not happy with yourself. This isn't the first time I've read something of yours that is down in the dumps. Personally speaking, I'm not exactly going to be jumping all over someone or to meet someone who is a pessimistic depressing moping pile of poo. Maybe the first move you want to make is to shape up your attitude and make some personal life changes to start exuding some confidence and/or some happier outer appearance. Again, just speaking from personal experience... If you're hoping to attract a successful person who is confident or happy / outgoing / whatever... they're not typically drawn to that.

Secondly, the alcohol / pot thing. Your thing is your thing, whatever you want to do... that's fine. I'm just going to tell you here right now. Do not resort to using drugs to cope with emotional turmoil of any kind for ANY reason including DEPRESSION of any kind. By writing what you just did, it seems your kind of depressed and in my personal opinion you probably shouldn't be drinking of doing drugs of any kind... ( I personally don't support drug use of any kind in any way for any reason anyway including marijuana but that's just me ) Clearly, you may want to go seek out some psychiatric help including but not limited to a therapist. There are many places that offer such assistance for free. I know that you are on hormones and those can do some wacky things to your system so that is even more of a reason to seek said counseling. Take my advice or leave it, your call.

All I am saying is coming on a public forum down in the dumps all the time obviously you're not sunshine and rainbows in person. You can't expect to meet someone in person projecting that attitude. I wouldn't ever approach someone with such a down in the dumps demeanor about them. Try and look up, and don't give me that "there's nothing to look up about" crap either. There is always someone out there who has it worse... always. If you can logon to AD and update on a forum you're obviously not in the worse situation on the face of the planet. You have a motorcycle and a vehicle... There are people with it worse... much, MUCH worse out there... Think about what I said... Give it some thought and weigh it out.... Sometimes... it's not everyone else.

The problem Saavik is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.

Attitude is everything. You're so negative, that's all you can focus on, so that's all you're ever going to see. There's positives in your life, you're just being blind to them.

A message to Saavik

Hello Saavik,

You are not alone any more as you do have friends here.

I think you feel lonely and blue. The good Lord has made a little baby in which grew up to be a young lady and by the sounds of it very educated too.

You are reaching out for a little help as we all are, this is life of maturing .
I have found out if you keep busy helping someone and get active in some social organizations etc. Church,Salvation Army , and other social clubs it does help your mind get organized to other things in life.

Remember we are all deaf and have to deal with it, most of us have dealt with this or trying too.

Watch old funny movies in which make you laugh and enjoy laughing it does help.

I do not know if you work or going to school but do the best you can at what ever you do keep busy.

If you are 50 plus then you are going through the change of life men and women do.

Hope this will help you keep smiling and laughing as we all do it will get better you will see.

God bless you Saavik for your one of his children you know a little prayer helps too.

Trainman

Osca Whild said the view of the stars is the same as view from pavement and Savvick he had much to be pi88ed about.
I DONT think pot and booze good to use when feel low it make you paranoid and it reads like you are a little bit now...
Accept we all get pi88ed off and unloved at times and in your hands how to deal with it but if it persists tell doctor
I get depression and found bird watching joing a club(I don't know its beak from it arse and amazed no one else did)...that proberly not for you but so many free things to do in the world there something for you

everyone knows that

positive attitude is key to success, no matter what. Of course it is not that simple.

everyone knows that

positive attitude is key to success, no matter what. Of course it is not that simple.

It's not just the key to success, but everything. Your thoughts lead to your feelings, not the other way around.

It's not that I don't have sympathy for Saavik, but refuse to join the pity party. It won't help her, repeatedly telling her that she herself is making herself miserable, if she finally catches on MAY help. It's a matter of perspective, if you're convinced you're miserable you will look for things to validate that, things that might make you even more miserable. There's plenty of good things in life, things to be happy about, you just have to notice and appreciate them.

And Prozac, that might help lol

Edited to add. My ex had a victim attitude. Everything and everybody was against him. All his problems were other peoples fault. He had to have the worst everything, the worst job, the worst childhood, the worst wife ;) went he would go on a self pitying tangent he didn't want solutions. He just wanted to find more thing to be miserable about, it's like he relished it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back