What are you thinking about? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
were you signing a lot when you were a kid?

were you signing a lot when you were a kid?

You asking me?....as for my answer, no...started at 14..but was talking about typesetting and the repetitive use of ur fingers, arms and elbows...seems ASL is a repeatitive motion also....

I have improve on lots of work black out on good sleep :lol: sweet

You asking me?....as for my answer, no...started at 14..but was talking about typesetting and the repetitive use of ur fingers, arms and elbows...seems ASL is a repeatitive motion also....

sorry yes i was asking you a question.

I try to remember that i ve been socializing with lots of people from age 0 to 90's who knows over 100. lol. I dont recall if they were telling me how bad or hurt their fingers or wrists were yet they are ASL users all their lives. :hmm:

Im an asl user. I dont have any pain with fingers, wrists or arms yet. BUT i have arthitis in my both shoulders and knees from injury sports. BUT not my hands. Im in 40s. just wonder.

Interesting. I wonder if there is any link between arthritis and ASL? I am guessing that there isn't, since there is not really any impact and pressure involved in signing, yanno? But I don't know much about the physical causes of arthritis. I thought genetics were the biggest factor in arthritis?

stranger on something odd myself I investiage it business on confidental!

sorry yes i was asking you a question.

I try to remember that i ve been socializing with lots of people from age 0 to 90's who knows over 100. lol. I dont recall if they were telling me how bad or hurt their fingers or wrists were yet they are ASL users all their lives. :hmm:

Im an asl user. I dont have any pain with fingers, wrists or arms yet. BUT i have arthitis in my both shoulders and knees from injury sports. BUT not my hands. Im in 40s. just wonder.

That's a bummer, for sure...my family has arthritis problems, but I do not *knock on wood*...(so far)...since I retired and stopped using my hands so much, the pain just went away....but, yes, I've seen some older deafies with arthritis in their fingers. Know it's a painful ailment for them whenever they try to sign....

I am thinking about first 48 new episode tonight. Good stuff!! I find black on black crime very sad.

Interesting. I wonder if there is any link between arthritis and ASL? I am guessing that there isn't, since there is not really any impact and pressure involved in signing, yanno? But I don't know much about the physical causes of arthritis. I thought genetics were the biggest factor in arthritis?

Interesting. I had read that if you want to keep good mobility in your hands and fingers, it's good to keep using them, as in playing the piano, or doing crafts, or (I suppose) even using sign language. The article I read was more in conjunction with knitting and crochet and how to keep doing those crafts even with some pain in the hands. Solutions included various ergonomic solutions (like egg-shaped holders for crochet hooks), massage, heat treatment, etc.

But a big point was made of retaining flexibility by using flexibility.

I learned two kind of truly awesome things today. One that my ASL is not as bad as I think it is :) number two I've lost 10 lbs !!!!!! 10 more and I will be pre 4th baby lol.

I learned two kind of truly awesome things today. One that my ASL is not as bad as I think it is :) number two I've lost 10 lbs !!!!!! 10 more and I will be pre 4th baby lol.

Congrats!

Thinking about Cheetah. Haven't seen him post for a while. Anybody know if he is OK?

Thinking about Cheetah. Haven't seen him post for a while. Anybody know if he is OK?

I will drive by his place and check up on him. hehehehe...

I think he is ok. :)

Thanks. Yes he is fine. Just wanted to make sure. Needed my Cheetah pep talk before that awful VNG test tomorrow:)

Thanks. Yes he is fine. Just wanted to make sure. Needed my Cheetah pep talk before that awful VNG test tomorrow:)

I am so glad to have met him in person. He is a sweet guy and I hope to have future meets with him. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back