What are you thinking about? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not thinking anything. my brain's still back in bed. I'm at work, and I'm all ....................................................

I am thinking that sometimes I wished I could have a girls night out. Not just the same ordinary go to my one and only friend's house to watch a boring movie, but to actually be able to go out and have fun with a group for once. But I can't post this on FB because if my friend found out she would be upset. I will say this because she is my only friend I can just hang with, she's not my best friend though. Actually, to be honest I've not had a best friend, not since grade 2 anyways. It was my undoing though. Besides she has a best friend and other friends she does stuff with. That's OK with me, doesn't bother me. But I guess I'm just ready for a bit more excitement on a positive note.

I just thought of that because I saw a FB status where a small group of women from church are watching Footloose tonight at the theatre. I can't even do this because I work late often. By the time I get home and get cleaned up and changed and get out it's pushing 7:00pm. Because I live out in the boonies - it would be near 8:00 before I could actually do anything.

Anyone else get what I am trying to say because I certainly can't say it.

I get it. I have a couple of close friends, but no BF. And even if you can't go - it's nice to be thought of and asked! I always seemed to be the one who was forgotten about... never quite on the inside circle anywhere. If it weren't for my husband - I'd probably still be there now.

I get it. I have a couple of close friends, but no BF. And even if you can't go - it's nice to be thought of and asked! I always seemed to be the one who was forgotten about... never quite on the inside circle anywhere. If it weren't for my husband - I'd probably still be there now.

Exactly, I have always been on the outer edges of society. I have one or two that will accept me for a little while until they get busy with their own lives, we grow apart, or there is a falling out of some sort. I never get asked to go anywhere.

The closest I get is my only friend (who happens to be my ex-gf) calling and asking when I will be over at her place. That's it.

Sometimes I wish I could get asked to go somewhere by a group of ladies at church. They can text me and say hey we are going out to see such and such movie and eat at a restaurant, we would love it if you could come too.

But no, never. I grew up never getting invited anywhere. My parents told me it was because I was different. When they said that I felt like there was something horribly wrong with me that nobody liked.

I guess I got stuck with this label of being a homebody that everyone thinks I would just rather spend my time at home doing nothing. However, if I try to pull something together, no one can come. They've all got plans so I end up having to just call it off.

Maybe that's what I want for my birthday. A nice dinner at a restaurant with some friends and maybe a movie or something a bit more entertaining. I don't know. What do 28 year olds do? I'm not a normal 27 year old and my birthday is in a couple of weeks.

Aw Dixie...you cool, if I near you, I come hang out you often! :hug:

I am thinking wtf is going on. I think my friends are attempting to put together a surprise b-day party that would even surprise me.

yesterday, my ex-gf asked me out of blue to be her date for her friend's wedding. I thought it was a very unusual request. She is pretty and she should be able to get anybody to go with her. I told her that it better not be some surprise party for me cuz I don't really want a party. And I also asked her to ask my friend cuz I know he likes her and he would love to be her wedding date.

Her reply was "I ASKED YOU!"

oooooooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk! :io:

I guess we'll see what happens this Friday ¯\(°_o)/¯

Is thinking, do celebs and famous/politics/etc key people post on forums?
Do we ever know or would we believe if we're talking to one?

I am thinking wtf is going on. I think my friends are attempting to put together a surprise b-day party that would even surprise me.

yesterday, my ex-gf asked me out of blue to be her date for her friend's wedding. I thought it was a very unusual request. She is pretty and she should be able to get anybody to go with her. I told her that it better not be some surprise party for me cuz I don't really want a party. And I also asked her to ask my friend cuz I know he likes her and he would love to be her wedding date.

Her reply was "I ASKED YOU!"

oooooooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk! :io:

I guess we'll see what happens this Friday ¯\(°_o)/¯

it seems to me that she still has some leftover that she cares about you tooo much. just watch out for the tiny dramas or not. lol

it seems to me that she still has some leftover that she cares about you tooo much.
lol not likely. probably because she didn't want any complication or send wrong signal to any other guy she asks. I guess it's a safer bet to ask ex. I wouldn't worry about possibility of getting back together lol. not gonna happen since she's gonna be away for 2 years in Europe.

My reply to that.... :wave:

just watch out for the tiny dramas or not. lol
oh yea - looks like it was for real but she cancelled it because she didn't want to go alone. the host already gave away her +1 spot to other friend so we hung out with her friends instead.

¯\(°_o)/¯

Exactly, I have always been on the outer edges of society. I have one or two that will accept me for a little while until they get busy with their own lives, we grow apart, or there is a falling out of some sort. I never get asked to go anywhere.

The closest I get is my only friend (who happens to be my ex-gf) calling and asking when I will be over at her place. That's it.

Sometimes I wish I could get asked to go somewhere by a group of ladies at church. They can text me and say hey we are going out to see such and such movie and eat at a restaurant, we would love it if you could come too.

But no, never. I grew up never getting invited anywhere. My parents told me it was because I was different. When they said that I felt like there was something horribly wrong with me that nobody liked.

I guess I got stuck with this label of being a homebody that everyone thinks I would just rather spend my time at home doing nothing. However, if I try to pull something together, no one can come. They've all got plans so I end up having to just call it off.

Maybe that's what I want for my birthday. A nice dinner at a restaurant with some friends and maybe a movie or something a bit more entertaining. I don't know. What do 28 year olds do? I'm not a normal 27 year old and my birthday is in a couple of weeks.

I was invited as a child and I invited other people to my birthday parties, and so on and so forth. But I have a tendency never (or seldom) to establish local friendship. So after moving around a lot as a tween (teenager + 20-29 year old), I only have distant friendship with various people.

Cannot hear people, don't understand the role of small talk, hence no local friendship.

I just spend my time working and reading papers/magazines on the Internet. I am good at knowing what is happening in the world but I never know what is happening around the corner.

Wirelessly posted

lanapoo said:
Men are complete cowards. Well, a lot of them are.

Amen!

I am thinking about the school district to approve me teaching zumba spring semester :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back