What are you thinking about? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you ask questions when you don't understand a new sign? I noticed majority of the people in my classes tend to sit there, rather than getting the teachers attention and asking what a new sign meant. I don't know if thats the case for you guys, but if so- don't be afraid to ask. :) Tears of frustration are no
Good!

I do ask or sign I did not understand what *she* signed or the instructions, etc. That night I signed "confused" and "don't understand" over & over, along with others who are beginners. Those with more experience, ("advanced" beginners?) understood and she just kept on with them and didn't include us with writing on the board, etc. :(

I didn't get to class Monday night because of messed up day, but my friend who is a beginner like me and was blown away in frustration, too, said the teacher went back to her normal way of teaching. Will be going tonight. I'm not giving up! She has been a good teacher up to that one night. Just trying something "new" I guess, but it sure backfired for the beginner beginners that night. My friend said there were a lot of the beginners missing on Monday night and the class was very small. I hope they come back. I am going to! :)

:hmm: Why so many pictures in undershirts or inadequately covered?

LOL :) Perhaps the funniest part about it (particularly those that don't have webcams) is that chances are good that's not even the posters real picture. That's been essentially proven true of at least two recent posters....

I do ask or sign I did not understand what *she* signed or the instructions, etc. That night I signed "confused" and "don't understand" over & over, along with others who are beginners. Those with more experience, ("advanced" beginners?) understood and she just kept on with them and didn't include us with writing on the board, etc. :(

I didn't get to class Monday night because of messed up day, but my friend who is a beginner like me and was blown away in frustration, too, said the teacher went back to her normal way of teaching. Will be going tonight. I'm not giving up! She has been a good teacher up to that one night. Just trying something "new" I guess, but it sure backfired for the beginner beginners that night. My friend said there were a lot of the beginners missing on Monday night and the class was very small. I hope they come back. I am going to! :)

I'm glad to hear you're not going to give up, and that you make yourself known when you don't understand a new sign. That will serve you well... Keep us updated on how your classes (and teacher) are doing.

What is on my mind is also a question to anyone who might have the answer...

My sociology teacher asked me a couple days ago if I knew the cultural reasoning behind sororal polygyny (plural marriage of multiple women to one man, where two or more of the wives are sisters). I've asked if it was related to genetics/bloodlines and if it was an effort to maintain domestic harmony, but he said no to both. I've tried googling this and I can't find an answer, but I'm still working on it. One of my friends mentioned maybe it had to do with paying dowry to only one family? Does anyone have any thoughts on that? He's going to tell me tomorrow if I can't figure it out, at least. :\

Also, I'm strongly considering taking Intro to Neuropsychology next term but I will have to give up World Mythology. :( Decisions...

no! Very heavy, sags and bags of fat and all. Even my hubby was repulsed.

I-Barf-on-You-2.jpg

Im thinking that life would be a lot easier with a totally implantable cochlear implant.

Hearing people are always giving me that evil audist look.

First, it starts with a face expression, "I like you." As they put the pieces together that im deaf, their face starts becoming more sour puss- until it turns into an evil look. From that point, I never hear from them again.

Audism is REAL.

If the cochlear implant companies are going to drag deaf children into the hearing world, at least offer a totally implantable technology. I don't see 99% cochlear implant employees wearing bulky hearing devices - my :2c:

Go ahead. Bash me for ranting. At least I said what's really on my mind.

Last edited:
Im thinking that life would be a lot easier with a totally implantable cochlear implant.

Hearing people are always giving me that evil audist look.

First, it starts with a face expression, "I like you." As they put the pieces together that im deaf, their face starts becoming more sour puss- until it turns into an evil look. From that point, I never hear from them again.

Audism is REAL.

If the cochlear implant companies are going to drag deaf children into the hearing world, at least offer a totally implantable technology. I don't see 99% cochlear implant employees wearing bulky hearing devices - my :2c:

Go ahead. Bash me for ranting. At least I said what's really on my mind.

No bashing here... As a HOH person wearing two hearing aids, I get that crappy treatment, too. :o As soon as I ask for repetition, or speak up or face me, etc. I really hate to waste my time on jerks. Sometimes we have to. I try to educate but some people are just obtuse. :|

Wirelessly posted

Oh my! It is real dark and eerie here. It is getting ready to dump some rain here once again. Thundering too!

Wirelessly posted

Oh my! It is real dark and eerie here. It is getting ready to dump some rain here once again. Thundering too!

Saw the weather radars and just about flipped. Hope you all stay safe. We have a few clouds, but blue skies and lots of heat. It hit 91 today.

I'm thinking that finally, tomorrow I can sleep in a little more. No appointments tomorrow!!!

the voluptuous goddess wearing a skin tight vintage dress from the 60s, beehive hair-do and stepping up to her 66 Chevy Corvair convertible. Flawless and classy woman.
2hwgnyq.gif

I didn't read much of any do's or don'ts before I decided to jump right in here, so as a completely new person to any kind of forum or chat type thingy on the internet I hope I don't screw up to much...

I ready real real job :) cool I am damn it exciting increase awesome impress :P

My ears were hurting so bad the last few days. Makes the HOH even worse but that's ok. It's the excruciating pain that sucks!!! It's almost comical that when I'm in lesser pain I find some kind of relief!! :ugh2:

People are gonna get sick of me, but it's quiet in here and I love all these smilies :blah::blah::blah: you can choose from!!!

Thinking how life comes in waves...of worry, anxiety, then relief and calm and happiness. On all levels: body, mind and spirit. Riding the waves and staying in one piece is the hard part. But I work on it. :hmm:

:dizzy: And that's just the beginning, on a day I'm feeling better and can get used to all these settings I'm gonna be like a kid in candy store!!! :laugh2:

Wish I could figure out the blog thing!!! Then I could just write in there or post what I've already written, and not drive everyone crazy on the threads :type: No one in the hearing world cares, well they do, but they're busy so I shouldn't say it like that. But who cares if I hear sound amplified to a point that it's horribly painful or that I can't hear it at all if it's not in the right range, :dunno2: I don't know but it's nice to be where it can related by others.... And I can also care about what they're going thru....But I've always been that type of person, it's my curse and my blessing.. But then again, I am way to blunt too!!!!! :lol: Looky there, I figured out something new!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back