What are you thinking about? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I report to something think police!!! I do difficult!!

The lost kitty in my neighborhood! I saw a white animal in my yard the other night and could not tell it was cat as I only saw part of it. I am glad it is not very cold and no snow coming. I just got rid of the dried cat food I had as it was getting old. The owner said her cat been missing a week but she just put signs today on my street! If the signs where up right away , I may had been able to get the cat as it very friendly! Damn! Poor kitty. :(

Thinking it's 5 days til my oldest son has a birthday (a real one) for the first time in 4 years :) It's a monster truck/toy story party hehe

Thinking of my guy :) He's amazing and keeps me happy!

Okay - my computer and Google are both crashing quite often. I may not be online either here, Gmail, or FB for a little bit. I do have the netbook in a pinch when I can peel it away from son, or I can make a special trip to the library. I just have to wait until the tax money comes in so I can get this repaired (new motherboard it looks like) and also buy a new computer. It never ends. I will send texts to those I have to stay up to date in between.
Yeah, you don't need the extra stress on top of building your house. I would say that you gave your present computer a more than fair shot at resuscitation. :)

I'm thinking about changing my career. It means going back to college at almost 61 years old. :Ohno:

Thanks Reba. We found a shop that will be able to fix the computer and they don't charge an arm & a leg in fees. Will Take it in once I get me refund from IRS.

Now, I'm thinking about a quandary I am in and I'm not sure how to handle it or who to talk with. My options are limited because of what it deals with. Ah well, will figure out something.

I'm thinking about changing my career. It means going back to college at almost 61 years old. :Ohno:

I think that you will be fine. You will enjoy to learn something new that will make you happy again.

I think that you will be fine. You will enjoy to learn something new that will make you happy again.
Actually, I'm very happy when I'm interpreting at the college. I love the work. The problem is, there's not enough of it for steady employment. It's very hit or miss. I go for months without work, and even when I get work, it's only temporary. I'm getting near retirement age, and I need work that is more steady.

I do enjoy learning. I just hope I don't spend thousands of dollars and then still be without a job.

I'm too old for this drama! :giggle:

Actually, I'm very happy when I'm interpreting at the college. I love the work. The problem is, there's not enough of it for steady employment. It's very hit or miss. I go for months without work, and even when I get work, it's only temporary. I'm getting near retirement age, and I need work that is more steady.

I do enjoy learning. I just hope I don't spend thousands of dollars and then still be without a job.

I was able to retire early (age 50). For a couple of years, was really busy with my new home and 1 acre of and....(did my own landscaping, raising animals, etc.)....then became bored to death!...So I applied for many part-time jobs. And worked at jobs that I have never done before. Was a "learning" experience, and I enjoyed it. Best part-time jobs ever were the one at the Golf Club (house keeping), then the one at the Bed & Breakfast. Also worked at a Seafood Restaurant on the Beach. Kept me busy and tired (and out of trouble :giggle:).

If there is something that you do well and enjoy it, perhaps try ur hand at it, Reba. I also applied for a position at FSDB in St. Augustine at one time. But wanted to live off campus (at the Beach), but the position required you to live on campus, so I turned it down.

Anyway, hope something turns up for you.

I was able to retire early (age 50). For a couple of years, was really busy with my new home and 1 acre of and....(did my own landscaping, raising animals, etc.)....then became bored to death!...So I applied for many part-time jobs. And worked at jobs that I have never done before. Was a "learning" experience, and I enjoyed it. Best part-time jobs ever were the one at the Golf Club (house keeping), then the one at the Bed & Breakfast. Also worked at a Seafood Restaurant on the Beach. Kept me busy and tired (and out of trouble :giggle:).

If there is something that you do well and enjoy it, perhaps try ur hand at it, Reba. I also applied for a position at FSDB in St. Augustine at one time. But wanted to live off campus (at the Beach), but the position required you to live on campus, so I turned it down.

Anyway, hope something turns up for you.
Thank you for the encouragement. :)

My mom changed careers at about the same age, Reba. Formerly, she was something fancy at Boeing International. She worked on the Space Shuttle program and knew all the astronauts.

then she moved to a small country town to be near the grandkids. She became a secretary at a small private charity that works with mentally retarded children and adults. She did that for about 8 years, and then quit to stay home when my dad got dementia.

Now he's in a nursing home and she is 70 years old and is substitute teaching.

Highly quality I am skilly XHtml homework heavy sites study!!!

My mom changed careers at about the same age, Reba. Formerly, she was something fancy at Boeing International. She worked on the Space Shuttle program and knew all the astronauts.
Interesting! My dad worked for Lockheed, NASA, and NAVAIRSYSCOM. He worked on Apollo and Gemini projects.

then she moved to a small country town to be near the grandkids. She became a secretary at a small private charity that works with mentally retarded children and adults. She did that for about 8 years, and then quit to stay home when my dad got dementia.

Now he's in a nursing home and she is 70 years old and is substitute teaching.
Thanks for sharing your mom's experiences. :)

Being near the grandkids as long as possible is important to me, too. In a few years, they'll both be gone off to college, so I haven't got much time left. :(

The eldest graduates high school this year. It seems like yesterday when he was a toddler running around in my house. :|

Just a thought....have you considered doing Tax Prep? Some of those places are begging for people for 4 months a year. Perhaps you could combine it with what you do now.

I'm thinking my family has no consideration for a person (me) who is trying to stick with a special diet and lose weight. Hubby talked MIL into buying pizza for dinner. He's supposedly on a low fat/low sodium/low cholesterol diet and I am allergic to dairy and also by doctor's orders going vegan.

I'm thinking about summer a lot, hoping that I'll do good on my sat on march 10! I'm like freaking out! But ill do good on it and pssa coming up in two weeks and now I'm like a little stress out which its not good for me. Also thinking about my bf and weather I should take a break of studing for the SAT for one day. Soo tired!!!

I am thinking of someone (my guy) cute:giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back