What are you thinking about? Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most important one is how to get rid of this miagraine headache..nothing is working at all.

Have you tried Imigran AKA Imitrex (tablets or nasal spray)? It's a very strong painkiller for migraine headaches. My mother takes it and it helps. Might be expensive for you but it's worth it.

Have you tried Imigran? It's a very strong painkiller for migraine related issues. My mother takes it and it helps. Might be expensive for you but it's worth it.
sumatriptan succinate with flexeril helps on top of a couple of 20mg oxycontins...

THAT combo is ... too much for some to handle. you'll be sleepy for 2 days.

I'm thinking that I'm quite glad that I won a bid on 1st edition book of poetry written by a famous deaf journalist/writer named Laura Redden.

Tsk on you Americans for losing this precious piece of American Deaf history to an Aussie.

I'm thinking that I'm quite glad that I won a bid on 1st edition book of poetry written by a famous deaf journalist/writer named Laura Redden.

Tsk on you Americans for losing this precious piece of American Deaf history to an Aussie.
Their loss, your gain.

Think I will be giving up on ASL studies as I get no help or support from my family. The only people who seem to want to help are online friends and I can't be with them enough to practice and retain what I need to know.

Think I will be giving up on ASL studies as I get no help or support from my family. The only people who seem to want to help are online friends and I can't be with them enough to practice and retain what I need to know.

Think about it this way: It's for you. Not them. later on in life you will probably need a method of communicating with the world.

Just a thought.

NOOOOOO!!! I'm sure it's hard but don't give up... isn't there a deaf club you've talked about?? Maybe you can find someone there that will help you and give you the support you need?? Just don't give up yet... please!!

NOOOOOO!!! I'm sure it's hard but don't give up... isn't there a deaf club you've talked about?? Maybe you can find someone there that will help you and give you the support you need?? Just don't give up yet... please!!

Seems my MIL always finds some errand or need with the doctor or whatever that keeps me from going to the deaf club. Also, they would prefer that I learn the ASL first before coming to ask them. None of them speak. Quite a few can, but at the club, the sign only and speaking is not allowed.

Seems my MIL always finds some errand or need with the doctor or whatever that keeps me from going to the deaf club. Also, they would prefer that I learn the ASL first before coming to ask them. None of them speak. Quite a few can, but at the club, the sign only and speaking is not allowed.

make some time for yourself

it poured quite well here. Now the haze over the city is gone... i think it pretty much stopped. will check for updates.

My morning's paper mentioned 8 people missing. Hope all goes well with that and they are safe....wonder if any of those were folks who wouldn't leave when told to evacuate?

Agreed!^^ you need some KB time!!

Maybe if you explained your situation, you could make friends w/someone who could meet you outside of the sign only environment and help you~ it'd be worth a shot rather than just giving up on something that you need for yourself.

My morning's paper mentioned 8 people missing. Hope all goes well with that and they are safe....wonder if any of those were folks who wouldn't leave when told to evacuate?

yea..

wow. I actually was looking for a house in that area a few months ago.. still not fully accepting this... need to go out and take a look

yea..

wow. I actually was looking for a house in that area a few months ago.. still not fully accepting this... need to go out and take a look

If it is any consolation, I guess we could be thankful the fire consumed only 6100 acres which would be nothing deeper in the wilderness where there's no people, unlike this situation where there are people and dozens of homes are gone.......do you plan to take pictures or is that a no no out of respect for the unfortunates?

If it is any consolation, I guess we could be thankful the fire consumed only 6100 acres which would be nothing deeper in the wilderness where there's no people, unlike this situation where there are people and dozens of homes are gone.......do you plan to take pictures or is that a no no out of respect for the unfortunates?

Ill take pictures.

Colorado usually gets 5000ish acres of fires. This one just happened to be in a populated area unfortunately. :(

When things cool down I'll head up and take shots and post here.

If only it were that easy. Any time for myself has to be here at home as I cannot leave my children in charge of my mother. My mother in law argues that I do not "need" ASL and that I am only looking for attention in "thinking" that I need this.

As far as meeting someone outside of the deaf club social times, they are all so much older and are not very sociable at all. The younger ones (30-50) do not go to the socials as they usually have jobs. My evening are taken up with 2 seniors going through "sundowners" and the only time I see hubby.

I'm not looking for sympathy or anything. It's just easier to give up, than to keep dealing with this family at times. I will still do what I can, but I can not actively seek places to learn. I can't afford to go to the night classes (even if I could get out of the house) and the colleges here do not offer ASL classes. If they do, it's over $300 for the course and if I can't afford the $150 for the night school, how can I afford $300-$500 for a course at the college? Since I am not looking for a job any longer, I cannot use the services of VR. My local Deaf Service Center had a sign language class, but did not focus on the ASL grammar, just PSE. I go over those notes and such with all the books I have, but I am having problems retaining the info as it's just me. There is a local mall that has a Deaf chat time, but it's when I have to take MIL, son & myself to weight loss group.

Dealing with being an "on-demand" driver for MIL (who is legally blind, has an in-operable brain tumor and now has to have a knee replacement redone and has a ruptured disk in lower back), doing all of her housework, the caretaker of my mother who has dementia and liver cancer, wife to a wonderful man with brain damage and memory problems, mother to a child with massive learning disabilities and a child who is trying so hard to grow up to help out around the house as much as possible. He wants to get a job, so he can help with bills, but that means, yet another person to drive daily for.

Mother and MIL are not sick enough for respite care and MIL would refuse. Mother, in her current mental state, cries if I go out somewhere without her.

Emotionally I am drained daily, mentally I will not even talk about, but I think I am as strong as can be, physically, I am getting worse, but doing the best that I can. I have always looked to AD as my release, as most people here know what I go through and can make me feel better about things. AD also grounds me enough to know that there are others who are also struggling and I can know that I am not alone and others also need some release of their own and possible understanding and support.

If only it were that easy. Any time for myself has to be here at home as I cannot leave my children in charge of my mother. My mother in law argues that I do not "need" ASL and that I am only looking for attention in "thinking" that I need this.

As far as meeting someone outside of the deaf club social times, they are all so much older and are not very sociable at all. The younger ones (30-50) do not go to the socials as they usually have jobs. My evening are taken up with 2 seniors going through "sundowners" and the only time I see hubby.

I'm not looking for sympathy or anything. It's just easier to give up, than to keep dealing with this family at times. I will still do what I can, but I can not actively seek places to learn. I can't afford to go to the night classes (even if I could get out of the house) and the colleges here do not offer ASL classes. If they do, it's over $300 for the course and if I can't afford the $150 for the night school, how can I afford $300-$500 for a course at the college? Since I am not looking for a job any longer, I cannot use the services of VR. My local Deaf Service Center had a sign language class, but did not focus on the ASL grammar, just PSE. I go over those notes and such with all the books I have, but I am having problems retaining the info as it's just me. There is a local mall that has a Deaf chat time, but it's when I have to take MIL, son & myself to weight loss group.

Dealing with being an "on-demand" driver for MIL (who is legally blind, has an in-operable brain tumor and now has to have a knee replacement redone and has a ruptured disk in lower back), doing all of her housework, the caretaker of my mother who has dementia and liver cancer, wife to a wonderful man with brain damage and memory problems, mother to a child with massive learning disabilities and a child who is trying so hard to grow up to help out around the house as much as possible. He wants to get a job, so he can help with bills, but that means, yet another person to drive daily for.

Mother and MIL are not sick enough for respite care and MIL would refuse. Mother, in her current mental state, cries if I go out somewhere without her.

Emotionally I am drained daily, mentally I will not even talk about, but I think I am as strong as can be, physically, I am getting worse, but doing the best that I can. I have always looked to AD as my release, as most people here know what I go through and can make me feel better about things. AD also grounds me enough to know that there are others who are also struggling and I can know that I am not alone and others also need some release of their own and possible understanding and support.

I understand how being the primary caregiver can be complicated and draining... I just hate to see that you don't get any time for YOU-- :( that's hard on a person and I know that as a mom you're more likely to sacrifice. :hug: :hug:

My local Deaf Service Center had a sign language class, but did not focus on the ASL grammar, just PSE.
that's fine. PSE is good enough. I sign in PSE too and you can understand somebody's ASL. no problem.

well like PFH said - make time for yourself otherwise... the problem's going to get much worse since you're the primary caretaker for the family.

that's fine. PSE is good enough. I sign in PSE too and you can understand somebody's ASL. no problem.

I can voucher Jiro for his post. He was able to understand my ASL although I am very fluent in ASL. :)

Wow, Kristina, shades of me own Mom! Hope ya take some load off soon....hang in there, girl!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back