What Are You Reading Right now?

About to read the first volume of the Thursday Next-series "The Eyre Affair" by Jasper Fforde.

Facing Violence: Preparing for the Unexpected by Rory Miller.

Im rereadin "from the corner of his eye" by dean knootz....hope i wrote that right..and "the pact" by jodi picoult

Oh cool he has a new book out? I'm a fan of Dean Koontz. I'll wait until his paperback comes out for less cost or go to a library and get it.

I'm more of a John Saul fan but he hasn't written any new books lately.

Read on Kindle. It's cheaper than a paperback.

Read on Kindle. It's cheaper than a paperback.

Another option is if you have a tablet and Internet access, you can check out e-books for free. They remain on your device for 30-45 days and after a certain time, they just wipe themselves from your tablet. These are usually provided as a free service through a library system.

I like having the books, idk why ive never liked ebooks. I prefer having the books on my hand.

:lol:Such a funny question now that the semester is in full swing. The better question to ask me is what am I reading for each class. :hmm:

I remember when I could just read for pleasure. :roll:

Another option is if you have a tablet and Internet access, you can check out e-books for free. They remain on your device for 30-45 days and after a certain time, they just wipe themselves from your tablet. These are usually provided as a free service through a library system.

Yeah, I do this all the time, and the system my library subscribes to is getting much better. There used to be very little choice, and now there are quite a lot, plus you can limit the search to only available titles.

Thing of Beauty ...the Tragedy of Supermodel Gia

Finished "Into The Wild" by Jon Krakauer.

Next up: Orange is the new Black by Piper Kerman.

I'm old fashioned. I prefer actual books. I don't own a Kindle.

We had so many books it was making the floor bow on the walls with bookcases.

Now due to my visual disability, I only have e books because everything is very large print for me.

Now I could travel the world with a giant library on one thin tablet.

I dream of having my own library full of books. Which i do have a lot of them...but need to get some new once. For now im reading "Another"

I've just finished reading "Blood Meridian" by Cormac McCarthy

It's supposed to be one of those Great American Novels but it just made me feel sick... no, not sick, the feeling you get when you've just been sick and you want to throw up some more but your body won't let you, even though you're retching and retching?
That kind of sick.

I don't mind violence in media, but there has to be a balance, with this book there was absolutely none, it was like there was violence for the sake of violence, as if Cormac's only voice was to provoke a reaction.
Well, he managed it.

Tee Morris, Pip Ballantine - Phoenix Rising: A Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences Novel

Back