What Are You Reading Right now?

:wave:again, your sci fi reference is something else my husband enjoys...we both enjoy sci fi movies and he has several specific books or authors he prefers.

I also like historical fiction but haven't read anything like that recently.

:wave:again, your sci fi reference is something else my husband enjoys...we both enjoy sci fi movies and he has several specific books or authors he prefers.

I also like historical fiction but haven't read anything like that recently.

I think us electronics junkies and sci-fi go hand-in-hand. Sort of like peanut butter and jelly.

If you want a recc, look up Becoming Josephine, it just came out recently. It's about the Creole socialite who became an empress. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18079742-becoming-josephine

:wave:peanut butter and jelly...I like that!

Friend brought over a book from the Library titled...."Deadly Charm"...the story of a Deaf Serial Killer....

Haven't started it yet...hope it's good...??

Seems I'm still on a sci-fi kick. Thought I'd be moving on to historical fiction by now. I have a rotation of genres that I go through as I get bored with one and move on. It usually goes like this: Fantasy > Sci-Fi > Historical Fiction > Fantasy. Sometimes I'll stray to a mystery novel.

Right now I'm going through the Vorkosigan series, which I'm enjoying so far. One of the rare sci-fi book/series that actually has character development instead of just a bunch of science and theories.

Imajica by Clive barker. I really live his super descriptive writing style and ability to be truly horrifying in print.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Most of Clive Barkers work is excellent.

I'm reading "Soldiers of Fortune" by Tony Geraghty. It's about the rise of the paid Mercenary into the role of the "deniable" Private Security Operative as used by organisations such as Halliburton, Blackwater, SERCO etc....very very interesting if you like that sort of thing.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Ghost-Boy-Miraculous-Misdiagnosed-Trapped/dp/1400205832/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421126067&sr=8-1&keywords=ghost+boy&pebp=1421126070680&peasin=1400205832"]Ghost Boy[/ame]

Try this one.
screen-shot-2012-10-03-at-95652-ampng-0807d538763c521f.png

Did you hear about book called 'The Boy Who Went to Heaven' and that is a hoax . The boy made the whole thing up. I told someone I bet the story was a fake .

I'm reading Becoming Steve Jobs: The Evolution of a Reckless Upstart and the Catechism of the Catholic Church (slowly).

London evening news headlines lastnight we gone on red alert And highly likely IS do something.i got travel through have Christmas with my son and nothing stopping me husband iffy about traveling he can stay here on his own but I am going.Wish he not brought paper in

A series of Victorian mysteries by Victoria Thompson. The son of one of the main characters is deaf and goes to a signing school rather than oral.

It was good to watch someone putting out this message just in a book of fiction that doesn't deal specifically with deafness.

London evening news headlines lastnight we gone on red alert And highly likely IS do something.i got travel through have Christmas with my son and nothing stopping me husband iffy about traveling he can stay here on his own but I am going.Wish he not brought paper in

Do you have a fireplace to burn the newspaper ? I brought one tonight ,
don't one it very often maybe about 3 times a year . I get free newspaper at the grocery store which mostly about local news which isn't
too bad most of the time. I need to find a good book to read .

Just finished reading my friend's first published novel, Unearthing Christmas. It was ok, but was a little hard to follow along.

Back