What are you doing right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checking that our basement isn't flooding. We have had about 24 hours of very heavy rain. So far all is dry in the house. Our house has flooded only once since I built it 10 years ago.

My late great grandfather's basement flooded, and my stepmom and Dad had to use a motorized pump to get the water out, and there was quite a bit of it, too.

That is what a sump pump does. Now ours runs whenever needed so doubt there will be a flooding issue again. As it is we are selling the house as were building a new one now, so I won't worry about this house after this summer.

That is what a sump pump does. Now ours runs whenever needed so doubt there will be a flooding issue again. As it is we are selling the house as were building a new one now, so I won't worry about this house after this summer.

Where I live, flooding is basically a non-issue, because I live in a hilly area of Rogers Park, and getting to Point B from Point A requires strength to get up the hill on a bicycle, especially a 24-speed. As for walking, not an issue, unless I am carrying food, which is what I will be doing soon.

I have more stuff than space. The thefts just targeted stuff I will have to replace. I am looking at buying a cargo trailer. Up here these things are really popular now. They are priced high. I am cheap.
Now I am looking at box vans with lift gates. The right size. It is easy to find an old worn out box van or one that is 20 ft long and pulled its poor engine and drive train to an early state of needing life support.

I just do not want to sell anything. I bought and sold for years and then when I survived cancer I started trying to live three and four complete lives at the same time. After twenty years of that I am completely worn out. I probably need counseling but I look around and hell I see most everyone else my age around here in Alaska in some kind of equally different situation. I am normal. Whoa that is a scary thought.

At my last interview I was facing three people, two men and a woman. I had decided not to bring an interpreter and I thought it went bad. They had to repeat themselves several times because there was a hex on my lipreading skills, it just vanished. On the way out one of them asked me "Where are you parked?" and I said "I have a partner, yes" and he laughed and upon repeating himself, I got it.
I was hired anyway. :)

sorting vacuum tubes (valves) to sell of in an online auction

Awww. Why didn't it go well?

Well some stores were going to open and the places were build but the. The permission to open then were not given. And its not first time. Nothing was done of it. Then wel we need a special ed program here. Which they just kept saying it was nit necessary

At my last interview I was facing three people, two men and a woman. I had decided not to bring an interpreter and I thought it went bad. They had to repeat themselves several times because there was a hex on my lipreading skills, it just vanished. On the way out one of them asked me "Where are you parked?" and I said "I have a partner, yes" and he laughed and upon repeating himself, I got it.
I was hired anyway. :)

Congratulations! :D It was all about the last joke. :D

Eating lunch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drinking Te Mata Syrah 2012, gorgeous Shiraz/syrah wine, bloody better than I expected! love it
wasn't expensive either $23

drinking Te Mata Syrah 2012, gorgeous Shiraz/syrah wine, bloody better than I expected! love it
wasn't expensive either $23

is that the kosher red wine yuk yuk tried hated it...
not doing a lot,thought about gardening then pushed thought out

What am I doing? Well, put it this way-- I am organizing my tablet and phone, and getting my priorities a little more clearer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back