What are you doing right now? Part II

After conversing with my dad (retired USMC), just told me "Trump parked 3 CVBGs at Kimmy's doorstep!" NOW I'm really wondering... Thanks dad!!! :shock:

I heard about that and that definitely does not sound good.

Bought new wheelsets and went for 20 miles in SF.
0FC1EC73-EE8E-4E7B-9C77-173CAADA9C92_zpswcsskkhi.jpg

C9D0CC09-2AB0-431D-B7F8-9CC89B740E9A_zpsvieglxum.jpg

6748D3F8-6DA3-4CE8-B859-7F7D1380ACF4_zps0jbhretm.jpg

I'm waiting until 9 am for library to be open to print out UPS driver release form. I can't hear the door so I want the driver to leave my package by door. I'm thinking about stopping by Dunkin Donuts to eat two donuts and iced coffee. It is 6 am.

Just finished vacuuming. After getting home after a few drinks with friends. I did not bang any walls while vacuuming, I promise.

Just finished vacuuming. After getting home after a few drinks with friends. I did not bang any walls while vacuuming, I promise.
Lol. I have seen dogs bang into walls trying to get away from it.

I agreed to let my neighbor plant crops on my property in return for lessons in canning. He claims we can grow ginseng but we'll see.

Catching my breath for the second round a couple hours from now. I agreed to wheel around a mom in the park. It's a shame the younger generation don't know the proper way. Tsk.

I am relaxing and drinking my water now because I just put up a USA map, and two Solar System and Constellation maps in my son's room. He loves World map, so we bought three more maps for him. He is napping now. Ahh...

I am relaxing and drinking my water now because I just put up a USA map, and two Solar System and Constellation maps in my son's room. He loves World map, so we bought three more maps for him. He is napping now. Ahh...

very cool.

Growing up, one of the bedrooms in our house had the US map painted on one wall. Pretty basic (I don't recall lines for rivers or city names) but states were in different colors and of course the oceans blue lol. I wish we had a picture of it. By now I am sure it's not there anymore :(.

very cool.

Growing up, one of the bedrooms in our house had the US map painted on one wall. Pretty basic (I don't recall lines for rivers or city names) but states were in different colors and of course the oceans blue lol. I wish we had a picture of it. By now I am sure it's not there anymore :(.

Someone probably painted over it. I used to paint Egyptian figures and hieroglyphics on my wall when I stayed at my parents' house. I painted over it when I got bored of it. Went through the phase. lol

I bought those maps at Costco. USA and World maps come together for $15.00. They're huge and laminated. I hope my son keeps them for a long time. :)

Someone probably painted over it. I used to paint Egyptian figures and hieroglyphics on my wall when I stayed at my parents' house. I painted over it when I got bored of it. Went through the phase. lol

I bought those maps at Costco. USA and World maps come together for $15.00. They're huge and laminated. I hope my son keeps them for a long time. :)

I'm sure by now it's painted over. Parents left that house some 15-17 years ago- though I wonder if my parents had it painted over or left it to make it an 'unique selling point' lol- might have to ask. Or go up and knock on the door "Excuse me- I lived in this house decades ago as a child and lived here for 20+ years (total of 30+ for my parents after us kids left) lol.

I'm sure by now it's painted over. Parents left that house some 15-17 years ago- though I wonder if my parents had it painted over or left it to make it an 'unique selling point' lol- might have to ask. Or go up and knock on the door "Excuse me- I lived in this house decades ago as a child and lived here for 20+ years (total of 30+ for my parents after us kids left) lol.

We actually did do something somewhat similar. After my mother died in 1989 it came to me to sell what had been the old family home from her side of the family since 1896. Then when an aunt of mine (who was mom's sister) died in 1992 her kids came for the funeral and burial. One of them really wanted to see what the house looked like since she had not seen it since she was a young kid. So. . . I called the people that bought the house from me and told them about us stopping to look at it so they wouldn't be alarmed by us walking around. She (the wife) invited us to get together to see what they had done inside. During that visit it turned out that the new owner's mother had been a grade school & high school classmate of mine. The new owner really flattered me when she said that she had told her mother that she thought she had the wrong person; that I didn't seem old enough! But it turned out to be right.

When I was 18 years old, my parents and I decided to look for my first home in a small town. We made a plan to show up at the house, but we changed our minds when we saw the house in the rural area for the first time. We were shocked. The house was painted with dark brown. The front yard is filled with junk and some older truck with flat tires. Owners didn't even mow the large yard. This house has a few acres. It's messy. I don't know if I want to go back to Northern California to see what it looks like now. I hope new owners takes care of it now.

Back