What are you doing right now? Part II

Housework! :shock:

Relaxing before I depart at 10:30 AM for the 11:10 AM Metra. Should make it to the tree lighting event in time. :P

I KNOW I am. If I had any way to make them reverse course, I would. I made it very clear that waiting until next spring is NOT an option. I also told them that I wanted out before winter gets here, and I intend to keep up the pressure.

I'm asking because I didn't pay close attention to what happened to bring you to this point but may I ask why did you move if you had no issues at the previous residence?

I'm asking because I didn't pay close attention to what happened to bring you to this point but may I ask why did you move if you had no issues at the previous residence?

It wasn't me who had the issues-- it was them. However, with what happened, I'm hoping that they've realized that putting me here wasn't exactly the brightest idea, and I made it clear that I was not happy here, and that they failed miserably in meeting my needs, which I also made very clear. Those by itself should get something going-- at least that's my hope.

Headed downtown. Yep, all bundled up with a metal cup of hot choclate included. I'm good. :P.

Track 1 is closed on a Saturday...... that can only mean that the new Ravenswood Station is inching closer to opening. That, and the new Track 1 is almost ready, too.

Housekeeping. They can report any problems they see. And it's not a prison, although it sounds like one, but it's not. However, I will be the first to admit that this situation isn't exaxtly ideal, and I already made it known that I was none too pleased about it.

I know you were trying to move how is that going ? I bet you'll be glad to get out of that place . They should had inspected the bed before you moved in , to sure the mattress is clean and the bed frame is OK. You could report them having an unsafe bed . This really suck the place is not being run very well. I would had just put the mattress on the floor and say you thought it was OK to do . How many people sleep in the room with you?

I know you were trying to move how is that going ? I bet you'll be glad to get out of that place . They should had inspected the bed before you moved in , to sure the mattress is clean and the bed frame is OK. You could report them having an unsafe bed . This really suck the place is not being run very well. I would had just put the mattress on the floor and say you thought it was OK to do . How many people sleep in the room with you?

Firstly, I have made it clear that moving out sooner rather than later is a priority. I made that very, very clear. Secondly, they have a cockroach problem, which I've told them to deal with, but the extermination spray they use isn't effective whatsoever. I've been killing cockroaches nightly, and I'm just about fed up with it, and I am considering reporting them. Hmm. They have a cafeteria, so cockroaches shouldn't be happening at all. Thirdly, checking stuff to make sure it works before I moved in was THIER responsibilty, and they're not doing a very impressive job of it. I also told staff what I thought of management there, and they literally shut up.

Do you have an advocate or ombudsmen who can expedite your move?

Also, I hope you get to have more involvement in the selection of your next home. Perhaps starting with a list of your "must haves" and "deal breakers."

I was going ask this too , if he had a caseworker he really getting the run around , I would had been BS this happen to . I wonder if this run by a private person , is sound very shady to me .
CB is there a men 'Y' you can stay until a better situation come up or do you do have any family you stay with ? I can't believe they're saying you can't move till spring time , that is just plain BS! You should look up what your rights are and see if they're be violated .

I was going ask this too , if he had a caseworker he really getting the run around , I would had been BS this happen to . I wonder if this run by a private person , is sound very shady to me .
CB is there a men 'Y' you can stay until a better situation come up or do you do have any family you stay with ? I can't believe they're saying you can't move till spring time , that is just plain BS! You should look up what your rights are and see if they're be violated .

Well, giving me sky-high stress is violation enough, thank you. However, my family lives too far away to get to within a short time frame. Plus, I can't just go down there unannounced. I do need to find out if my rights have been violated, cause it sure feels that way.

I am on State Street, awaiting the next bus for Wabash & State, three blocks east of me.

I am on State Street, awaiting the next bus for Wabash & State, three blocks east of me.

If it is just three blocks, why not walk? I have a feeling that by doing that you would actually be there quicker than waiting for the bus, the time it takes for you and other people to board, then the time it take to ride there plus the time it takes for several of you to get off.

If it is just three blocks, why not walk? I have a feeling that by doing that you would actually be there quicker than waiting for the bus, the time it takes for you and other people to board, then the time it take to ride there plus the time it takes for several of you to get off.

One whole block here in the downtown district is HUGE. It would have taken up to 25 minutes to cover three very large blocks on this street.

I got some TOTALLY AWESOME photos. And the annual Thanksgiving Day Parade begins at 8 AM on the 27th. I just may make time for that. :P

CB, I've walked those huge blocks in Chicago. I seriously doubt it would take you 25 mins to walk 3 blocks. MAYBE 15 if the lights are not in your favor.

CB, I've walked those huge blocks in Chicago. I seriously doubt it would take you 25 mins to walk 3 blocks. MAYBE 15 if the lights are not in your favor.

You're forgetting the number of people I had to get around, plus construction, too. That does add to the totals. Also, I'm seeing a lot of early holiday shopping, as well.

Firstly, I have made it clear that moving out sooner rather than later is a priority. I made that very, very clear. Secondly, they have a cockroach problem, which I've told them to deal with, but the extermination spray they use isn't effective whatsoever. I've been killing cockroaches nightly, and I'm just about fed up with it, and I am considering reporting them. Hmm. They have a cafeteria, so cockroaches shouldn't be happening at all. Thirdly, checking stuff to make sure it works before I moved in was THIER responsibilty, and they're not doing a very impressive job of it. I also told staff what I thought of management there, and they literally shut up.

Be sure to check all your belonging for cockroaches before moving. The little SOB are very good hiding in the weirdest places . You don't want to bring them with. The health department is the one to report the cockroaches to.
YUCKY! I hate them like HELL! Who run the place , the state or is it run privately?

No two people walk at the same rate and he could be had been stopping to taking photos .

Be sure to check all your belonging for cockroaches before moving. The little SOB are very good hiding in the weirdest places . You don't want to bring them with. The health department is the one to report the cockroaches to.
YUCKY! I hate them like HELL! Who run the place , the state or is it run privately?

Yeah, I know. It's privately run, but if I make a report about the cockroaches, then the City will get involved, and then they would be none too happy about that, as Chicago Health Department Codes are very stringent, and getting reported means increased inspections.

Yeah, I know. It's privately run, but if I make a report about the cockroaches, then the City will get involved, and then they would be none too happy about that, as Chicago Health Department Codes are very stringent, and getting reported means increased inspections.

That is why they do not want you move until spring .They do not want to lose any money , people do not like to move in the winter and during holidays . So if you moved out now your spot may not filled with another person. I knew it, it sounded like the place is privately run. I saw something on the news about places being privately run can be bad news. Can you get own apartment under Section Eight housing? I really can't understand why you care if they do not like being reported, they do not give a crap about you .

http://www.pestworld.org/news-and-v...posts/the-truth-about-cockroaches-and-health/ cockroaches carry diseases and if they're taken care the while will be infected very fast with heat being so hot there. The SOB bred best when it's warn.

That is why they do not want you move until spring .They do not want to lose any money , people do not like to move in the winter and during holidays . So if you moved out now your spot may not filled with another person. I knew it, it sounded like the place is privately run. I saw something on the news about places being privately run can be bad news. Can you get own apartment under Section Eight housing? I really can't understand why you care if they do not like being reported, they do not give a crap about you .

http://www.pestworld.org/news-and-v...posts/the-truth-about-cockroaches-and-health/ cockroaches carry diseases and if they're taken care the while will be infected very fast with heat being so hot there. The SOB bred best when it's warn.

I actually applied for one of those a while back, but I still have to wait until at least February to find out if I made their lists. That is too long a wait, and I prefer to be out before Christmas, thank you. Easier to do, and by far easier to handle.

Back