What are you doing right now? Part II

Trying to gather energy from a rough night of sleeping. Carpel Tunnel is not helping as I dropped the dog's leash a few times. Luckily, she's well trained enough to stay with me.

Taking a break from keeping my mind off stressors. Been doing relaxing stuff, but now I'm taking a break.

I'm watching Christmas movies and eating chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. It is snowing!

Looking for a place to sleep-- my bed frame has failed, and it's not safe to sleep on until repairs are made.

How about putting the mattress on the floor until you can get the frame fixed?

No. They don't allow that here. They've already advised me that I may need to sleep elsewhere, but they are going to try and get it fixed, because it is late, and travel at this time of night isn't exactly a bright idea.

No. They don't allow that here. They've already advised me that I may need to sleep elsewhere, but they are going to try and get it fixed, because it is late, and travel at this time of night isn't exactly a bright idea.

Don't you have your own bedroom , I never heard of anything so stupid . What can happen with it on the floor?

Don't you have your own bedroom , I never heard of anything so stupid . What can happen with it on the floor?

I wish I did. This is a single room with a bathroom included. Their rules clearly state that no furniture is to be altered in any way, and that includes the bed. That is why I may need to sleep elsewhere, because of that particular rule.

I wish I did. This is a single room with a bathroom included. Their rules clearly state that no furniture is to be altered in any way, and that includes the bed. That is why I may need to sleep elsewhere, because of that particular rule.

Putting the mattress on the floor would not count as altering the furniture.

Altering would be doing something permanent. The mattress can be put back after the frame is repaired, and they will need to remove it anyway to repair the frame.

Sounds like a prison.

How would they even know if you did that?

Putting the mattress on the floor would not count as altering the furniture.

Altering would be doing something permanent. The mattress can be put back after the frame is repaired, and they will need to remove it anyway to repair the frame.

Hmm. You might have a point there, but they do not want me sleeping on it if they are unable to get it fixed tonight. They already said I might need to find another place to sleep, but problem is, I would need permission to sleep at one of the Deaf programs, and given that it's Friday night, I am unlikely to get an answer anytime soon. The frame is collasped completely in the middle, and I'm not comfortable moving the mattress with how unstable it is.

Hmm. You might have a point there, but they do not want me sleeping on it if they are unable to get it fixed tonight. They already said I might need to find another place to sleep, but problem is, I would need permission to sleep at one of the Deaf programs, and given that it's Friday night, I am unlikely to get an answer anytime soon. The frame is collasped completely in the middle, and I'm not comfortable moving the mattress with how unstable it is.

What is worse that can happen? Frame break even further? Bed falls on your foot?

so you hop around for few min, them move mattress and sleep on it...

I wouldn't worry about it after all it is their fault for not getting to it before you go to sleep tonight.

Sounds like a prison.

How would they even know if you did that?

Housekeeping. They can report any problems they see. And it's not a prison, although it sounds like one, but it's not. However, I will be the first to admit that this situation isn't exaxtly ideal, and I already made it known that I was none too pleased about it.

What is worse that can happen? Frame break even further? Bed falls on your foot?

I wouldn't worry about it after all it is their fault for not getting to it before you go to sleep tonight.

I'm not worried about moving the mattress-- I'll check to make sure it's permitted before I do so. My bigger concern is my back. That is my #1 concern right now, as that back has a history.

I just checked with the front desk about moving the mattress, and they said it's okay for tonight only. For Sat and Sunday, no. I will check back with them at 6 AM tomorrow for a progress update, and go from there.

Back