What are you doing right now? Part II

Wide awake at 3:30 am with a horrible cold...can't find the Nyquil. This is my first cold in like ten years. Hubby shared his with me.

Wide awake at 3:30 am with a horrible cold...can't find the Nyquil. This is my first cold in like ten years. Hubby shared his with me.

The one time you don't want your hubby sharing something with you. :)

I hope you feel better quick!

you can try to ask the fire department to donate one for you

Hmm. I never thought of that. There IS a fire station not far from here, so I just may try that. Only problem is, do they have alarms for the deaf, too? I know they have them for hearies, but for the deaf? Not sure. I need one with a visual cue, and I don't think they have those.

I was showing you that fire department in Chicago do have smoke alarms for deaf and hoh people. If your fire department does not have one they could try and got one for your from another fire station.

Your posted article did NOT show that the Chicago fire dept has smoke alarms for the deaf and HoH. Your article was from a town in TN.

Wow. What did I miss? I just got to CUS, and placed my order for 2 free bagels. It's unusual to see a bagel shop in the Great Hall.

Your posted article did NOT show that the Chicago fire dept has smoke alarms for the deaf and HoH. Your article was from a town in TN.

The page I got the link from said ' Chicago ' not TN . I was going by what the person type up about it.

The page I got the link from said ' Chicago ' not TN . I was going by what the person type up about it.

CFD is the Chicago Fire Department, but there are other cities who use that, too. However, I don't know of any that uses black and red fire trucks, and also has a black and red fireboat, too. Those trucks are very distinct to Chicago, and I don't know if they're anywhere else.

I just talked with the landlady here, and we talked about improving this place, and I told her I knew someone who would be willing to do the work for a fee, which I would pay for, and she agreed to it.

I also talked with her about the doorbell I'm planning on purchasing next month, and she had a little bit of a different idea, but I told her I needed a visual doorbell, and to let me deal with that. And for the fire alarm, we would come to a solution at a later time. For now, I'm gonna focus on those I do have at hand.

Hmm. I never thought of that. There IS a fire station not far from here, so I just may try that. Only problem is, do they have alarms for the deaf, too? I know they have them for hearies, but for the deaf? Not sure. I need one with a visual cue, and I don't think they have those.

You think too much. All you gotta do is go and ask. They may buy you one. Just go and ask.

keep your life simple. keep everything simple.

You think too much. All you gotta do is go and ask. They may buy you one. Just go and ask.

keep your life simple. keep everything simple.

Keeping my life simple is easier said than done, given what I've been through. However, with my being in a new home, that should be much easier to do now, but I'm still getting used to having stuff I didn't have for a while. Give it a few weeks, and I'll be okay.

I just talked with the landlady here, and we talked about improving this place, and I told her I knew someone who would be willing to do the work for a fee, which I would pay for, and she agreed to it.

I also talked with her about the doorbell I'm planning on purchasing next month, and she had a little bit of a different idea, but I told her I needed a visual doorbell, and to let me deal with that. And for the fire alarm, we would come to a solution at a later time. For now, I'm gonna focus on those I do have at hand.
Looks like you will get one if you go and ask.

http://www.cityofchicago.org/conten...BE_WBE_Org/059_Statement_MBE_WBE_Org_2015.pdf

This year, the Chicago Fire Department has installed approximately 3,000 free smoke detectors, provided 50
free smoke detectors for the hearing impaired, and given away approximately 10,000 smoke detectors at
firehouses, aldermanic offices, fire safety programs, and neighborhood canvasses. All of these smoke detectors
were provided through corporate donations and grants

Watching "Tiny House Nation" ...interesting about living in those tiny houses. Not for me!

Reminds me of that commercial where the father walks into his baby's room and says..."Sorry son, but I have to take tomorrow off"....(or something like that)....Hope you get to feeling better, Angel...knock-on-wood...no colds for me in a long time.

They'll usually install it for you, too.

Yes they will its standard procedure to install them for residents at no cost to them at all. And a record of it is kept for each one and where it was installed to make sure people don't try to take advantage of it and get more. We have given out detectors without installing if its the residents preference but still keep their name and address for the record. And its usually funded by grants from Homeland Security. All the person has to do is request it from their local fire department but not all departments offer the service.

Watching "Tiny House Nation" ...interesting about living in those tiny houses. Not for me!

I know, I get claustrophobia just looking at those tiny little houses....give me room to move around, please!

Back