What are in-person deaf events like?

Ehearing

Reaction score
I'm hearing and have been learning ASL for a little over a year. I haven't been to any in-person deaf events yet, due to covid. I'm trying to learn more about deaf culture and I'm curious what typically goes on during deaf events. Is there a wide variety of events, and if so what are some examples of events you enjoyed? Are deaf events hard to come by in some areas or typically always available? Any info would be appreciated:)

I'm hearing and have been learning ASL for a little over a year. I haven't been to any in-person deaf events yet, due to covid. I'm trying to learn more about deaf culture and I'm curious what typically goes on during deaf events. Is there a wide variety of events, and if so what are some examples of events you enjoyed? Are deaf events hard to come by in some areas or typically always available? Any info would be appreciated:)
I’m not sure where you live at, but you might you want to check with your Hearing Commission, you can also go to a college that has a interpreting program and ask them, you can go to any church that has a interpreter service and ask the interpreter. Also if you need help with ASL, please let me know I can help.

I’m not sure where you live at, but you might you want to check with your Hearing Commission, you can also go to a college that has a interpreting program and ask them, you can go to any church that has a interpreter service and ask the interpreter. Also if you need help with ASL, please let me know I can help.
Or you can go to your local library and ask the librarian if they have anything related to the Deaf community or Interpreting programs.

Thanks for the info! If I ever need help with ASL I'll let you know. What was your favorite deaf event you've been to?

Or you can go to your local library and ask the librarian if they have anything related to the Deaf community or Interpreting programs.
Thanks for the info! If I ever need help with ASL I'll let you know. What was your favorite deaf event you've gone to?

if u live in California most public libraries is closed till probably next summer. cuz can't go inside but can pick up a book at window if u see any books u like to read but for me I rather wait till things get better if i want to read books there is books app on IPhone if u have one. and Google play on google if u have gmail for computer so u can read book on your laptop or computer. u can always find books if u want to keep yourself busy :) just a tip that's all have a good day :)

Sept. NW Ark. We have our annual Deaf event, some special event may be speaker, intertainment, or what ever, bouths, lunch comrodery is best. Will post agenda next July

Back