What A Difference Time Can Make

Hear Again

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Please don't flame me for bringing this up, but I wanted to give you an update on how I'm doing. If you'd rather not read about it, please move on to another post.

I'm writing this because I've been struggling all summer with my bipolar disorder. I've had several manic episodes which have required several medication adjustments. I'm not going into detail about what my manic episodes are like -- let's just say they aren't pleasant like most people think they are.

Anyways, my medications have been changed/adjusted several times (which is a common practice for those who have bipolar) and I'm doing much better now.

I also have a case manager who checks on me several times a week (or weekly) depending on how I'm feeling.

As I write this, I feel the best I have in several months. I'm able to control my emotions and think before I act.

Amelia (my guide dog) is also doing well. She just turned 2 this month and her behavior has improved dramatically from the time I received her in January. I can really see her personality come through and although it took the both of us awhile to bond, we're both doing great!

Again, please do not flame me for writing this. I just wanted to share how I've been over the past several months. Thanks.

Hi HA,

Nice to see you back on board again. It's often nice to hear if anyone are doing well/badly. You obviously had gone through rough patch but now had been resolved, hope it stays like that for your sake.

Amelia sounds like a lovely dog, had she completed her training or it's on going type of training with you?.
Boris, my dog turned 4 today. He's an old dog now! Well, he always had an old man's brain ever since he was born! He was a very wise puppy! but today he's still a puppy at heart.

See you around.

I'm happy to report that I'm doing much, much better now! :)

As for your dog Boris, give him a pat for me! What breed is he?

Amelia has completed her training for guide (dog) work. What I meant by her behavior improving is that she had alot of problems with jumping on people and chewing on anything she could get her teeth on. The latter is still a problem. Just today I heard her chewing on one of my computer cords! (No, I'm not wireless -- yet!) I've never had to worry about her having accidents -- she's on a schedule, but not only that, she gives me her paw (like Tigger -- my previous guide dog) whenever she needs to go outside. That makes life SO much easier for me. LOL.

Hope you've been doing well yourself! :)

:wave: there, HA! Glad to read some good news of you and your new canine partner!
I love that "give paw" behavior - I've taught/shaped my guys to do that and it's a nice behavior for the average pet to have too and for any dog.
My new Rottie puppy is just 6 months old and we've been doing a lot of work together; she's also had eye surgery for cherry eye which was successful.

overthepongd, Happy Birthday to your Boris!

outstanding progress! sorry that you had to go thru some rough patch with your dog but it's part of life anyway when having a new dog :)

Hi HA,

Nice to see you back on board again. It's often nice to hear if anyone are doing well/badly. You obviously had gone through rough patch but now had been resolved, hope it stays like that for your sake.

Amelia sounds like a lovely dog, had she completed her training or it's on going type of training with you?.
Boris, my dog turned 4 today. He's an old dog now! Well, he always had an old man's brain ever since he was born! He was a very wise puppy! but today he's still a puppy at heart.

See you around.
My hearing dog just turn 11 years old , I wish he was only 4 years. He was 2 years old when I got him.
Hear Again I am glad you're feeling better , I know having bipolar is not fun and is a very serious illness. I bet your dog is great friend to you. I am you told us how you were doing and I happy to hear you have a case worker there for you.

Back