What´s the difference between Reglious and Bible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion, religions is for people who wanna to have connection to their belief even their lives.

About the Bible, it's just a book with too many paper. to me, it's bedtime storytelling. I sensed there are many missing scrolls somewhere after the Bible printed first time.

Few times, I was attacked by some people with the Bible as their weapon. Why? They don't approve of my lifestyle and my very own beliefs. Grateful, I dont fall for it.

Sorry, Reba I don't agree with that. Jesus never judged anyone, He would rather the sinner come to him to admit that this person is a sinner, and wants forgiving.
Please notice that I said "judge the actions" not the heart.

If a person is committing sins (which can include crimes), then that person's actions need to be pointed out. If someone is doing wrong, others have the right to stop it.

If you see a person stealing or hurting someone, don't you have the obligation to say or do something? When your children disobey, don't you have the obligation to correct their actions?

Not every sinner or criminal wants to go to Jesus or be forgiven. Many of them believe that they aren't doing anything wrong. They need to have someone tell them that they are wrong, and need to change their behavior.

That's not the same as saying that the person judging that action is "better" than the other person. That's also not the same as judging someone's heart or eternal destination.

There are right and wrong ways to judge people's actions. Sometimes it should be a public judgment (like a court trial for a criminal). Sometimes it should be private (a mom correcting a child). It should never be a reason for gossip, backstabbing, revenge, or personal insult. Judgment should never be a "nya, nya, I'm better than you" attitude.

The main goal for "judgment" should be to identify and then stop the wrong action, with the motive of restoration of the wrong-doer.

Right, Reba. I agree ...

Ah, I got it now Reba. Thanks! ;)

Originally Posted by Reba
As Askjo posted, it is true that Christians can judge the actions of other people. They just can't judge the heart, or reasons, for another person's actions. God knows and judges the heart.

Please notice that I said "judge the actions" not the heart.

If a person is committing sins (which can include crimes), then that person's actions need to be pointed out. If someone is doing wrong, others have the right to stop it.

If you see a person stealing or hurting someone, don't you have the obligation to say or do something? When your children disobey, don't you have the obligation to correct their actions?

Not every sinner or criminal wants to go to Jesus or be forgiven. Many of them believe that they aren't doing anything wrong. They need to have someone tell them that they are wrong, and need to change their behavior.

That's not the same as saying that the person judging that action is "better" than the other person. That's also not the same as judging someone's heart or eternal destination.

There are right and wrong ways to judge people's actions. Sometimes it should be a public judgment (like a court trial for a criminal). Sometimes it should be private (a mom correcting a child). It should never be a reason for gossip, backstabbing, revenge, or personal insult. Judgment should never be a "nya, nya, I'm better than you" attitude.

The main goal for "judgment" should be to identify and then stop the wrong action, with the motive of restoration of the wrong-doer.

For your information, it´s not just Christians but every non-religions and relgions who can judge the actions. :)

thought this AD isn't allowed to make any more Religion thread? I wouldn't want to see more AD members bashing each other... http://www.alldeaf.com/general-chat/41571-religion-forum-now-closed.html
other wise if I'm wrong then
walk-smiley1.gif

thought this AD isn't allowed to make any more Religion thread?
Yeah, I was also surprised that this debate thread wasn't locked. :confused:

I created the thread under Debate Section long before the new Section "Religion" was added. I guess that Alex and Moderators forget to move my thread back to new Section.

Ahh okay no problemo, I wouldn't want to see this thread to get out of control

I am hopin' this thread will stay open. I would love to see other " locked " threads to open once again. They are the best I've ever had. Good debate, learnin', many proves, and so on.

Yeah, yeah I know about bashin', insultin' and all that ... it shouldn't have happened. Oh, well -- I am hopin' that Alex will have a 2nd thought about Christianity/Religions Forums to open once again. I hate to see God/Jesus sittin' in the corner waitin'.

Well I am not sure if the book and religion is a different, but the only difference I see is that the religion is something that people follow, and the bible (not only the bible, but many kinds of books that varies of religions reads, such like Dharma, etc) is something that people learn and read to understanding their own beliefs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back