Wells Fargo Discrimination!!

Please understand that it's not all hearing people :(

I am talking about those hearing people who do not like to go out of their way to accodomate their deaf customers. I know not all hearing people are like that but a majority of them in customer service seem to be like that.

One of my friends went to Burger King last week and he didnt hear the lady ask him what drink he wanted so she started yelling at him causing the other customers to look up. He had told her prior to ordering that he was deaf and needed a pen and paper and she let out a long sigh like it was too much work so she knew he was deaf.

I have had problem with hearing workers hanging up on me as soon as they hear that the call is a relay call. I have had relay operators relay their muttering to the other employees saying stuff like "Oh geez, it is those deaf people. " or something like that.

That is what I am talking about..those hearing people want to conduct business the hearing way without having to write anything, wait for the relay and so on.

That's why I said too BAD for them! They are there to SERVE ALL customers not a select few.

Yeah, I definitely agree with you on that. As a hearing person who is extremely involved in deaf culture/sign language etc., I tend to notice the over-generalizations of the hearing culture. It is a shame that certain hearing people need to be so ignorant...

Yeah, I definitely agree with you on that. As a hearing person who is extremely involved in deaf culture/sign language etc., I tend to notice the over-generalizations of the hearing culture. It is a shame that certain hearing people need to be so ignorant...

I am married to a hearing guy. :)

Just was referring to those who refuse to help deaf people because it inconviences them. I cant stand them. I have too many stories..even one who straight out told my deaf brother that it was too much work having to write on pen and paper and why couldnt he learn to speak like me. Geez!

I have that problem with my bank in past until they research and realized that FCC is become requirement for VRS with 10 digits number may reduce their worry and start training the employee.

It happen to me when that first time I call and they refuse accept.. what I did.. repeat repeat repeat repeat. Are you Deaf and can I have VP#, repeat repeat and they gave up and ask what do I want. I want to speak with supervisor and transfer me to their supervisor. So on... so I kind of being rude about any Deaf employee who can take the videophone. They say no... I asked anyone know employee knows sign language? They say no... I ask then how the heck I can communicate with you guy! They say come in person. I ask why not you do same thing with among people who is Hearing like you!

So on they are start changing.... I don't know what cause.. I don't know how many Deaf people use that bank.

I found funny and do you guy miss him, he say we must use TTY and he grin at us?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTdLbWJMdOs]YouTube - Responding To Alldeaf.com Rumors - Wells Fargo Does Not Discriminate Against Deaf[/ame]

Wow, same here, I called doctor on vp with relay. I asked them if I get any infection or something..They said they can't tell me till I go in person talk to them and get information if I have infection. I was like wtf why!? I don't want to drive all way to doctor to get result. They said sorry can't give me the answer. BUT my mom called doctor, my mom is hearing. They gave my mom my result. I gave them a permission for tell my mom everything so it's fine with me if they tell my mom but I don't understand why they can tell my mom over phone but won't tell me because of relay there. I don't care about if relay know or not. it pissed me off.

Yea, Some clinic or hospital does not allow to gives out thru VRS due to HIPPA laws.

For my clinics, they glad help me to find out what's my results either email or patient online and sometime use on HOVRS to make an appts and etc. My clinic already have my own direct HOVRS nbr to call me back for any change or delayed of appts.

When my medic bus very late pick up and on the way to my clinic, I called thru i711 on my cellphone to type in to let them know, I will be there in 15 minutes and I asked them is the interpreter in there? The clinic reps say "Yes, your interpreter in there now, don't worry and we can wait for you from your medic bus drop off at our clinic". I've revieved whew, I'm happy the clinic reps very friendly person knew me that I am on the medic bus on the way to the clinic.

Jared Evans, a deaf tech geek and blogger just had his card cancelled by Wells Fargo.

Why? Because he complained to the customer service about his VRS calls not being accepted.

Jared Evans (jaredev) on Twitter

So it's not just some of you who are going through with problems with Wells Fargo.

I have to tell you again. I really do not think that Wells Fargo discriminate deaf customers. If you want to use a VP, then go head. Someday, someone will steal your identify and your information when you call the company with a relay service. You will be screwed up a big time. WF's job is to protect its customers because that's where they have money in their bank/investment. You still have to use the TTY or go over there - don't be too lazy because it's your money.

Maybe, you would write a letter to the company about setting up its own videophone along with the TTY in the same department.

Off topic: I am not planning to do that because I will transfer mine to another company because the WF and other companies' commission fees are too expensive and rip-offs.

Ah, I called earlier and find out why WF can't have VP? It's because of fraud that's why.

I asked them Q's about WF discrimination against Ddeaf/Hhoh, they said it has nothing to do with discrimination against Ddeaf/Hhoh. They said, too much fraud going on because of that VP, they decided to change the rule a few month ago for not allowing to have VP by calling WF, only to call TTY number or go WF online by using email.

Now that I understand why it happened. Well, there's nothing I can do about it unless if someone wants to get involved then do it. That's up to you.

I'm going to use TTY for WF from now on. But I will be using VP to see my friends anyway.

Peace

Okey dokey, Obivously no one say anything about it.

WF don't accept VP Sorenson, only TTY call.

Ha!, don't be too lazy to use TTY? Okay Boss (Wowie, Like Strict Communist Rule "You can't have TTY" or "You can't have VP" Imagine that) :roll:

Yeah, I prefer to use VP. I have been using TTY many times before. I just get tired of TTY that's all, It's not that I'm lazy ;)

If no one is complain to CEO about WF for not accepting VP then fine w/me then I'll use TTY for WF anyway.

Peace

I probably think that it would be nice for WF to provide a VP in the WF's one of the offices. I finally got used to my VP because it is so much easier than using a TTY.

I would probably feel uncomfortable for a relay agent to see my face on VP - who I am and how much I have. It is the same way for a TTY that I cannot see who is a WF agent. You would probably choose a TTY for that reason because it is straight to your WF agent. For me, I would rather to go to the office instead of TTY and VP unless TTY is for an emergency.

Thank you for sending me your WF money. :monkey:

Why did u copy and pasted it, were you saved my post earlier? That's weird cuz I deleted it.

You know what? You're a nosy person.

Thank you for sending me your 1 cent ;)

You're not really listening to everyone's voice (on your avatar)

Good for youuuuuuu that you'd rather to go to the office, they would see your face anyway but you never know it could be the relay agent or even deaf person who work at WF (It's because maybe you're not comfortable with relay agent to see your face on VP, well too bad)

Maybe you don't want to show your face like this?
22.jpg

Gasp! How you find me in this picture? :giggle:

I don't know how your deleted post got in my post. What a mystery!

I wasn't listening to everyone because I was configuring my radio for a better location. I am kind of sleepy and tired. I was nervous to see my doctor for my annual heart checkup, and it turned out fine. Whew! I never like to see the bright white walls and bright light at the doctor's office - it is similar in a patient's room at a hospital because it is a sort of a heaven room.

BTW, my new stockbroker is jerk. I had a nice stock broker for a long time, and he died natural at home. He was helpful to me. Now, the young new man is hungry for money and he never informs me for update news. He just throw at me to read the reports and wants me to figure it out for the proxy vote. His commission fee is 100 bucks. :roll: Do you think that it is worth to pay his commission fee or screw him off?

I have that problem with my bank in past until they research and realized that FCC is become requirement for VRS with 10 digits number may reduce their worry and start training the employee.

It happen to me when that first time I call and they refuse accept.. what I did.. repeat repeat repeat repeat. Are you Deaf and can I have VP#, repeat repeat and they gave up and ask what do I want. I want to speak with supervisor and transfer me to their supervisor. So on... so I kind of being rude about any Deaf employee who can take the videophone. They say no... I asked anyone know employee knows sign language? They say no... I ask then how the heck I can communicate with you guy! They say come in person. I ask why not you do same thing with among people who is Hearing like you!

So on they are start changing.... I don't know what cause.. I don't know how many Deaf people use that bank.

I found funny and do you guy miss him, he say we must use TTY and he grin at us?
YouTube - Responding To Alldeaf.com Rumors - Wells Fargo Does Not Discriminate Against Deaf

Well! I don't agree with his video! TTY is so old! Videophone is so new Tech! Wells Fargo Company need learn to accept VRS service! I am using Chase J.P Morgan (Former Wamu) and I am very shocked to hear that some bank decided to not allow people to call thru VRS and require them to use TTY again! Well I think it really Bulls***! I am not going to pay landline over stupid bank policy! No way! I am going continue using Videophone! I called my bank around June and everything worked fine. Even if all bank changed policy now! I will still refuse use TTY! I think it wasted of money! I rather use Videophone!

Well! I don't agree with his video! TTY is so old! Videophone is so new Tech! Wells Fargo Company need learn to accept VRS service! I am using Chase J.P Morgan (Former Wamu) and I am very shocked to hear that some bank decided to not allow people to call thru VRS and require them to use TTY again! Well I think it really Bulls***! I am not going to pay landline over stupid bank policy! No way! I am going continue using Videophone! I called my bank around June and everything worked fine. Even if all bank changed policy now! I will still refuse use TTY! I think it wasted of money! I rather use Videophone!

BartSimpsx24x does have a good point. What is the point to bring old fashioned TTYs back to the table while we don't currently have one? It is not necessary to use ttys because it will be required phone line that deaf people are no longer need to use phone line which can works for Tty and AOL, earthlink, etc. Most of deaf people have high speed internet that works any videophones. Vps are excellent to use to call relays to explain what are you trying to talking about. Hearing people need to understand that lot of deaf people are not really good using the old fashioned ttys with their reading and grammar skills. It is very hard to communicate with relays on ttys. VRS are good service to use for deaf people who has reading or english problems and couldn't use the ttys. iT might gave them having difficult times. It is time to END this! The man in Youtube video had shown his opinion was really insulted. I am definetly disagreed with his opinion. That's it.

Look in his youtube video.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTdLbWJMdOs&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Last edited:
I'm curious! Can you pull this trick ny using a statement, such as "pay me $25 for landline servuce if you want me to use a defunct TTY machine as part of bank's policy?" I'm just kidding, :lol: ;)

If you all seen what Southwest Airline did and got into an agreement with Sprint VRS to be their primary relay opertator and even have their own phone number with Sprint Relay Service for deaf to be able to call to Southwest Airline directly using Sprint Relay.

I think other companies should follow that idea and it would save them a lot of money not having to hire a 24 hour interperter service instead contact one of the Relay VRS service and esblished a contract and a number of their own with them like the Southwest Airline did.

Southwest save money not hire interpreter but contract with Sprint to provide a VRS service so they call Southwest on voice and interpet for them.

I called Wells Fargo customer again after over a month from making a call to see if they had changed the policy to legal relay calls. it is same old thing that they are still not accepting relays. It make me frustrate more. It tells me to go in person at any bank locations. Why I have to go in person if I don't want to! This is getting us so much limitations already! Well, I have to go through that. It is way better to go in person to enter bank than no communications/help at all. I still want all of businesses to legal VRS and any relays so they can be easily to communicate with deaf people who need that services. They should have to invest caller ID feature for VRS so they can know we are valid deaf people, not fraud, impostors or whatever. Why they have to be so selfish and asshole. ARG! I am not going to give up! Nor deaf community! We will keep fighting! Not only Wells Fargo company, Well to others too!

YouTube - Responding To Alldeaf.com Rumors - Wells Fargo Does Not Discriminate Against Deaf

I watched YT video, he don't know about high tech, I guess he's on the old fashioned way, it's all BS on YT video about WF requires to use customer's TTY at their home. <--- I don't belive him..

Throw the freakin' WF out and join the USBank!

USBank accepted Hovrs VRS.

Comcast's TTY service has been throw away, They offering new Comcast Customer service own secured chat on the web for tech help and etc.. You can either use Comcast's chat or VRS. They knew TTY just very old fashioned way.

It is too high risk if you really want WF to accept a video relay service. I think that you will be terribly sorry for your own mistake that you would never get your money back. I would never trust the relay on TTY and video - no matter what. It's too bad that you are deaf, and you just have to accept that you have to go and meet in person. I really understand it, but it's your money, for sake.

Back