Was wondering if people could answer my questions

Rolling up Piff

Reaction score
i was born hard of hearing both my parents are deaf. i grew up in a "hearing world" where i hung with hearing people all my life. im 23 going on 24 and started wondering will i be hard of hearing my whole life? or am i eventually going to turn 100 percent completely deaf? i always worried about turning completely deaf but dont really care if it happens knowing me i can accept it besides i already had the pleasures of listening 2 biggie,tupac and my fav rapper big pun lol the sounds and lyrics will forever be in my head but still would want to know do you know any1 in there late 30's early 40's who are still hard of hearing or did they just completely turn deaf?

i was born hard of hearing both my parents are deaf. i grew up in a "hearing world" where i hung with hearing people all my life. im 23 going on 24 and started wondering will i be hard of hearing my whole life? or am i eventually going to turn 100 percent completely deaf? i always worried about turning completely deaf but dont really care if it happens knowing me i can accept it besides i already had the pleasures of listening 2 biggie,tupac and my fav rapper big pun lol the sounds and lyrics will forever be in my head but still would want to know do you know any1 in there late 30's early 40's who are still hard of hearing or did they just completely turn deaf?

There are several members here like that....even I, who became deaf at 14...so it's not unique for it to happen. (Angle/Angel is one, even Kristina).....As for you becoming completely deaf, perhaps it's up to genetics, even the way you take care of what hearing you do have left. Loud music isn't helping.....See your ENT to get the right diagnosis and prepare yourself, that's all I can offer you.

Both of your parents are deaf but you grew up in a "hearing" world? How did that come about? If it is personal, just disregard even though you chose to include it.

i mean i grew up with hearing friends only have like 2 friends who are deaf and they moved away. only time i really lived in a deaf world is at home with my parents other then that i just use my voice when talking to friends know what i mean? i just was wondering if its possible i can stay this way a lil while longer i dont blast music thru headphones i have surround style stereo hookup and even still i dont play it too LOUD.

Back