Was it a fortunate thing???

Roadrunner

Reaction score
I don't even know whether this was a fortunate thing, a miracle or what...yet, the more I think about it..to keep running 'it' through my mind what could have been--here it is:

Earlier, I was out running errands...I was the first car waiting to take a left turn at an intersection while the signal light was red...for some unknown reason, I was 'too daze gone' (spacing out) when I had seen the 'arrow' signal activated, yet, I sat there, hadn't move just yet....then when I had realized it was time to move along, as I slowly moved forward, a van from the left zoomed through the intersection at a high rate of speed (of course, the van was running through a red light), my estimate of his speed was at least 45mph. Now this is what really gets me--after going over the scenario several times in my mind, I realized that had I gone ahead at the time the arrow came on and timing it just right, the van would have slammed right into where I was sitting as a driver. Another thing of interest, I was able to see that the van driver was on a cell phone and obviously didn't seem to have noticed what he had done as he kept on speeding away.

In a way, surely this rattles my nerves some, but at the same time, darn-it, I'm glad that I can be 'too dazed gone' sometimes! However, from my perspective and personal observation, I'd call this nothing short of a miracle!

All I can say for now is....whewwwwww!

~RR

Wow, sounds like an angel was watching over you....and I'm just glad you're safe and at home now :hug:, must been a scary moment for you but glad it turn out in a good day at the end...

Man, that's ominous! Glad nothing happened. This is why I wish there'd be a law against the use of cell phones while driving.

... This is why I wish there'd be a law against the use of cell phones while driving.

Same here, I've been wishing to see such a law on banning cell phone while driving, I know some of the cities in Ohio has already made such a law on cell phones, but not in my hometown yet, so I'm going to work on trying to get it ban here as well too....

edit My oldest son owns a cell phone too but I did told him if I ever see him using the cell phone while hes driving, then I'll take it away and he won't be no longer owning a cell phone, my oldest son is very much aware how much I can't stand people talking on their cell phones while driving and he agrees ....

Whoa... you're extreme lucky being alive...

Whoever person using cell phone and not pay attention.. There should have put up the by law issued the cell phone while you're on the road.

Good thing that you got out of this unscattered. Yea , i have experienced close calls many times. Is it because God sent a guardian angel to watch over me or just merely fact is that i m friggin lucky S.O.B ? good question thou.

You're one lucky SOB, fo'sho. ;)

Wow! I'm glad you are okay. I guess there's something to be said for those moments when we space out and our reaction times go down!

Damn Bro, You sure were lucky today, :Ohno: I would have screamed! Lol!! "Hey ass jerk watch it!! or I'll take your pieces of shit cellular phone and stick it up where the moon shines!" You know me.... :giggle:

Damn Bro, You sure were lucky today, :Ohno: I would have screamed! Lol!! "Hey ass jerk watch it!! or I'll take your pieces of shit cellular phone and stick it up where the moon shines!" You know me.... :giggle:

Yea...I know you-- :giggle:

As for me, took a long look upwards to the 'heavens'...counting my blessings and being thankful-- :)

~RR

Oh wow your very lucky :) ,,

my mom yeah use cell phone while she is drive but not for long just short. I know no matter what short or long talk on the cell phone. When I see her do that again and I will tell her need turn off cell phone while it drive same with my 2nd sister that is all .. my 3rd sister doesnt have cell phone :) and my youngest sister have cell phone but she is not drive yet :)

I am glad We still have the moderator here alive :naugthy:
I experienced a little smilar 'accident' but I was only a walker at the time :lol:

anyways, cheers to Roadrunner :hug:

:fingersx:

you got that right.... Whew!!!!! good thing you were dazing off or else.. it would have been worse. You just got lucky and a fate has held you back for a reason

Thanks all--even though, I don't know why, but I'm still numb...it's kinda like 'time stood still'. Ever get that feeling??

Sure, I have had some real close calls over the years, yet, for some reason, this one 'bothers' me....and can't seem to place my finger on why it is...hmm...maybe it's just me--:dunno:

~RR

Thanks all--even though, I don't know why, but I'm still numb...it's kinda like 'time stood still'. Ever get that feeling??

Sure, I have had some real close calls over the years, yet, for some reason, this one 'bothers' me....and can't seem to place my finger on why it is...hmm...maybe it's just me--:dunno:

~RR

Aww hon maybe it's because you want to see your lovely bride walking down toward you at the church.....

~RR

maybe its the age thing ....*zoom and hiding*

Glad to hear that you're ok, RR - I would not want to lose such a great friend as you too early - and the feeling may be stemming from the fact that you have found your soulmate, and the family of your dreams - and soon you'll be united together in marriage.

Cherish every moment you have with your Angel - and your children, all of them.

~RR

You are very lucky that it did not happen to you today. I'm glad you came out of it just safely.

Sure, We all have had our shares of having these close calls but perhaps, maybe this one is bothering you since you were right there and you knew exactly what would have happened if you had moved and proceeded as normal.

Come to think of it, Most of the time when I get a close call, I'm always asking myself questions such as "What would happened if I had moved?" or "Would I be able to make it through?" It keeps you wondering from time to time but in this case, like I said, it might be because you KNEW what would happened? Maybe that is what has been bothering you?

But, Again, I am really glad that it was not your time to end here yet since you got so much to live for. ;) :hug:

wow, i'm glad you're ok!! that darn driver.... i hate when someone do that.

but again, i'm glad ur safe and sound at home with ur bride to be. :)

Back