Was it a fortunate thing???

Wow, you are so lucky Roadrunner...

And, Washington State is in their processing to ban people talking on the cell phone during driving, I bet they will approve it for sure.. And, in New York my sister saw a policeman pulled a woman over and gave her the ticket for using the cell phone during driving. I guess New York banned it also.

OMG roadrunner whew that was close call

i had some close calls in the past i would not shake out of it

i am glad you are alright HUGS

I don't even know whether this was a fortunate thing, a miracle or what...yet, the more I think about it..to keep running 'it' through my mind what could have been--here it is:

Earlier, I was out running errands...I was the first car waiting to take a left turn at an intersection while the signal light was red...for some unknown reason, I was 'too daze gone' (spacing out) when I had seen the 'arrow' signal activated, yet, I sat there, hadn't move just yet....~RR
I think that "unknown reason" was the Holy Spirit. :)

Goodness gracious me RR u are one damn lucky guy to have been delayed by a few moments in a daze and it surely has saved ur life and those around you.

It hard to say the real reason but i can only say it wasnt your time yet as you have still got some unfinished business to do first and that marrying ur bride. Thanks ur lucky stars RR.

Just be thanksful that you are still alive and in our presence. The Lord does watches over his precious ones and ur one of them RR.

Whew! Glad nothing happened! I hate those close calls.

Yep I agree with Reba.. its Holy Spirit- Our God .. He was with you at that moment calling you and you listened to him.. good thing you didnt ignore his call.. Be glad that you are still alive! :)

RR , I am so glad you are safe. God was watching over you bec that driver was not paying attention due to the cellphone issue. People need to learn to get the hands free device its annoying when I see cellphone users holding the device near the ear urgh!

It got me goose bumps after read your posts... wow you are very lucky...

All what I say is I'm really glad that you are okay...

Oh ouchies RR, glad you are ok and safe as well too. You are very lucky.

BAN Cell PHONE!

Damn... RR!! U just gave me goosebumps and chill down my spine (sp)... brrrr that scary alright but I am so glad u came out okay!! Wheww.. Geezz still thinking abt it made me goosbumps all over! I am so glad u still in one pinces and drive away but grrrr same plms here in MT with stupid cell phone driver... I was really piss off for the way they do... the nearly hit me few times! Hate that!! Wanna all states to be banned that cell phone driver!

DANG!! I am glad you are alive and okay.. I am telling ya, there are bunch of crazy drivers everywhere on the roads...

Wow, I know Angel would have gone nut if anything happened to you. But I am sure she is glad that you are in her arm and holding you tight. RR, glad you are still around with us and keeping giving us a good laugh.

Wow RR!! Glad nothing happened to ya. Times like those can be scary like seeing your life flash before your eyes..Glad your ok man:thumb:

RR, I was just reading your post now and I believe in my heart that God put you in a daze to hold you until you move on with driving. You have a lot going on with the wedding fast approaching and soon your Angel will become your wife. Please be careful from now on as you are loved by her and many of us here too. God IS with you, every moment!! smile

yep RR u should consdier yourself lucky and I went thru few close calls too and GLAD I'm not driving due to crazy people on road those days sheesh.. :roll:

Lucky RR

I'm another one who wants to see cell phone use while driving banned. Drivers have enough distractions.... phones, DVD players, radios, passengers. I've had my license for 25 years and don't have any at fault accidents OR speeding tickets. Let's ALL be careful out there.

Your story reminds me of something that I saw on Yahoo. I can unddy the reason, but it's going to be tough to enforce. Here's the link:

New York may ban iPods while crossing street - Yahoo! News

Just saw this after my nap today, but HOW are they going to enforce it if they can't keep folks from driving 80mph on the highway.

States try to ban driver distractions - Yahoo! News

States try to ban driver distractions
By JOHN CURRAN, Associated Press Writer
1 hour, 59 minutes ago

Put down the flute and keep your eyes on the road.

And forget about sipping that cup of coffee on the way to work, or smoking a cigarette on the way home. In some states, it could soon be illegal — if it isn't already.

Emboldened by the passage of cell phone bans for drivers in some communities, states are turning their attention to other things that drive motorists to distraction.

Vermont lawmakers are considering a measure that would ban eating, drinking, smoking, reading, writing, personal grooming, playing an instrument, "interacting with pets or cargo," talking on a cell phone or using any other personal communication device while driving. The punishment: a fine of up to $600.

Similar bills are under consideration in Maryland and Texas, and Connecticut has passed one that generically bans any activity that could interfere with the safe operation of a motor vehicle.

"Cell phones attracted people to this issue," said Matt Sundeen, a transportation analyst with the National Conference of State Legislatures. "Now that people are more focused on distracted driving issues, they're beginning to talk about the broader range of distractions."

For the sponsor of the Vermont bill, the motivation came from his own observations.

"What finally pushed me over the edge was when I was at a stop sign and somebody opposite me was trying to navigate around the corner with a cell phone to the ear in one hand and a cigarette in the other, and she wasn't doing very well," said Republican state Rep. Thomas F. Koch.

He said his wife recently saw a driver playing the flute, which led him to include the instrument ban in his bill.

"There are a lot of bad habits out on the road. This isn't just for drivers' own good. This is to protect the other people on the road," he said.

Often, they need protection:

• In Illinois, a bicyclist was killed by a driver who had been downloading cell phone ring tones while behind the wheel last September.

• In Westminster, Calif., a 7-year-old boy was struck and killed by an SUV whose driver lost control as he was trying to reach a cell phone and plowed into a family at a bus stop Nov. 29, authorities said.

• In Spokane, Wash., a trucker who was allegedly using a cell phone crossed a highway median and struck another truck head-on, killing five children, in 2005.

• In Athens, Ala., a woman lost control of her car while reaching for a ringing cell phone and crashed into a church last month.
Distracted drivers were involved in nearly eight out of 10 collisions or near-crashes in a study by the Virginia Tech Transportation Institute that was released last year by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

Young drivers are some of the worst offenders. A study of more than 5,600 students released last month by the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia and State Farm Insurance Co. reported that nearly 90 percent had seen friends drive while talking on cell phones and that half saw drivers playing hand-held games, using listening devices or sending text messages.

Jeff Rogers, 44, of Barre, filling up his pickup at a gas station Thursday, said the Vermont bill is "going a little too far."

"I can understand the cell phone thing," he said. "But the rest of it, how are they going to enforce that?"

Copyright © 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained in the AP News report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.

Copyright © 2007 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.

Back