Warning: New Rape Scam!!!

DeafMommy0407

Reaction score
Just got an email from my cousin who got it from her friend! VERY SCARY!!!

Please warn everyone you know and forward this to people you know. You can save your life and even your family/friends' lives!

This was sent to me........... Just Beware!

> > Please pass on to all your girlfriends, wives, etc.....

> > just to be on the safe side....

> >

> > Ladies: Please be aware and pass it on to anyone you think this will

> > help. This was passed on to me by a friend.

> >

> > Sunday afternoon around 5 pm I headed into the Target in Wheaton , IL

> > where crime is VERY RARE and mostly it is with bikes being stolen!!). It

> > was still light outside and I parked fairly close to the entrance. As I

> > got out of my car and began walking towards Target, an older lady

> > shouted to me from the passenger seat of a car about 30 feet away from

> > me...."Ma'am you must help me, help me please, help me Ma'am!" I looked

> > at her in the eyes and started to walk towards her when all of a sudden

> > I remembered an email my Mom had sent me a week or two ago about rapists

> > and abductions using elderly people to lure women in.

> > I paused, memorized the license plate and immediately headed into Target

> > to get a manager to come help this lady, just in case something was up.

> > While the woman manager headed out there, I kept a close watch just

> > because I was curious what was wrong with the lady and wanted to be sure

> > nothing happened. As the Target lady walked up towards the car and got

> > very close to the old woman in order to help her, the back door of the

> > car flies open and a large man with a stocking cap on, jumps out and

> > sticks a gun to the lady's stomach as he shoves her into the back of the

> > car. I yelled out, "call 911" several times and just as I was saying

> > that, a policeman who happened to be on the other side of the parking

> > lot! and who, luckily had seen the entire thing happen, raced over to

> > the car. He was able to stop the car and arrest the male as well as the

> > old lady, who was involved in the scheme. By God's grace everyone was

> > alright, including myself, although I think we were both very shaken up.

> > Like many of you, I would not in a million years have left an elderly

> > person who was yelling for help if it weren't for the email I had read

> > last week. SO, I wanted to pass this along so you all can be aware and

> > remember that you really can't trust anyone these days. You just never

> > know when something like this could happen. I would have never dreamed

> > it to happen to me especially on a Sunday afternoon at a Target in a

> > safe area! It definitely was not a coincidence that my Mom sent me that

> > email just a few days before this all happened. Please, be careful and

> > always be aware of your surroundings. Just because you individually

> > don't go over to help someone doesn't mean you have to leave them in

> > trouble, but don't go ALONE....you really don't know what might be going

> > on.

SAVE YOUR LIFE AND YOUR FAMILY/FRIENDS' LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You never know if that would happen to you. I am just trying to help all women out there. Have a good night.

Last edited:
We don't mean to be rude.......but come on.....always check snopes BEFORE you post those e-mail forwards. They are almost as annoying as those "forward this and you'll get fifty billion dollars from Microsoft" ones.

You mean I'm not really getting $50 billion from Microsoft for forwarding that "Free Dinner for Two at Applebee's" coupon? :shock: They lied to me! Oh the shame of it all! Is there any way I can sue?

LOL, Levonian.

Speaking of Snopes.com. Snopes may be a reliable source for myths/urban legends but it is good idea to research more further.

C'mon guys, give her a break, she had a real intent and purpose...regardless of what another 'site' implied. Bottom line, such scenario can possibly take place--it's worth the caution and/or suggestion...for anyone.

~RR

mmmmm snopes... the internet's best friend. :P
:werd: I love Snopes!

Every time I get emails like these, I ignore them. If they are sent to me repeatedly, I "reply all" with the link to the Snopes article.

Of course, it pisses the sender off. But then again, they're pissing me off by sending these emails to everyone when everyone could make better use of their time doing something else than being warned of hoaxes like these. :)

Interesting - these things haven't happened, yet they're on snopes.com - it might actually stick these ideas into the mind of a criminal, as the power of suggestion can be blamed in some way for the occurance of a crime.

Easy - a rapist's plea to the courts..."I got the idea from snopes!"

Sad, really - for that might actually work - fortunately we still do live in a world where people are eager to help others - so even I would probably have fallen for it if I saw someone asking for help....especially an elderly woman!

...at any rate, thank you Mommy for posting this - I now wouldn't be fooled if someone tried it on me - even if it's on snopes.com, it's still out there for plenty of potential criminals to read and modify to their own benefit.

There are places I don't help ppl cause I don't trust the area. If I am back home in NY, I will stop to help another person or give some hitch-hiker a ride, but if I am in the city or area I am not sure abt, no way. Just can't trust ppl now. There are too many that try to scam and cheat ppl by acting like they are poor

C'mon guys, give her a break, she had a real intent and purpose...regardless of what another 'site' implied. Bottom line, such scenario can possibly take place--it's worth the caution and/or suggestion...for anyone.

~RR

:werd: ...The point is, never know, it could actually happen to one of us....:-/

No matter whether it's fake or not but still Thanks DeafMommy0407 for posting this ;)

Excuse me, I dont check snopes.com because I never heard of that before. I try to help ppl by saving their lives but excuse me if I ever try to save your life and something happens to you. Dont come running to me, crying to beg for my apologies. I am always trying to help ppl but everytime I do that, ppl bite my head off, I do not need that crap!

Dont worry I wont post anymore if that makes you all happy. Thank you! *bows out of the room*

Deafmommy,

I understand as your concern best thing.. In case if you can check with snopes.com because this site is very helpful speak it out truth out there..

btw thank you bring it up issues no matter how serious in case near the future..

:wave:

Deafmommy,

I understand as your concern best thing.. In case if you can check with snopes.com because this site is very helpful speak it out truth out there..

btw thank you bring it up issues no matter how serious in case near the future..

:wave:

I did not get that from snopes.com. I got that from an email that my cousin forwarded to me from her friend. See what I said at the top. It said I got that from my cousin who got it from her friend. That is what I am trying to say.

Dont worry, I wont post anymore. It is not worth it anymore.

I did not get that from snopes.com. I got that from an email that my cousin forwarded to me from her friend. See what I said at the top. It said I got that from my cousin who got it from her friend. That is what I am trying to say.

Dont worry, I wont post anymore. It is not worth it anymore.
I think you misunderstand. No one is accusing you of getting the story from snopes.com.

People use Urban Legends Reference Pages to check their information. That is, if you get a suspicious email (even from a trusted friend or family member), you can check the truth on snopes.com. It is just a way to check out true and false stories.

Most emails that have been forwarded more than once (from a friend of a friend, for example), should be checked at snopes.com, before you forward it again.

We all appreciate helpful information. We just need to be sure that it is accurate. :)

I asked for this thread to be closed. It is not worth it anymore.

Sorry about it, *bows out of room*.

Back