Walgreens to stop accepting Medicare Patients

Walgreens did the right thing. They're in the business to make a profit, not go into bankruptcy.

With the health care bill? You ain't seen nothing yet.

WTF?

And this is under what? Obama?

Yiz

Don't think so.

I found a reason from article that txgolfer posted.
Effective April 16, Walgreens drugstores across the state won't take any new Medicaid patients, saying that filling their prescriptions is a money-losing proposition — the latest development in an ongoing dispute over Medicaid reimbursement.

That's sucks but good thing about there is other many pharmacies does accept Medicaid.

It is more state issue, not from federal.

what Foxrac said. this is only limited to Washington state. This has nothing to do with Obama's health care reform.

what Foxrac said. this is only limited to Washington state. This has nothing to do with Obama's health care reform.

Yup and thread starter's title is misled as well, it is about Medicaid only, not Medicare.

Exactly. Our local Walgreen's has a sign out front of the building that states that they accept all Medicaid/Medicare prescriptions.

Washington State Walgreen's has not stopped accepting Medicare prescriptions. The title is in error.

Yes, it was the state's move mainly because to save money I think. It said it to save about $10 million which is just a fraction of $29 billion budget. Bartell Drugs have already done this and Walgreen is joining the bandwagon. They're only doing this with new customers, not the existing ones.

Exactly. Our local Walgreen's has a sign out front of the building that states that they accept all Medicaid/Medicare prescriptions.

Washington State Walgreen's has not stopped accepting Medicare prescriptions. The title is in error.

Yup, I busted it.

It can request to edit by mod so up to thread starter.

Yup, I busted it.

It can request to edit by mod so up to thread starter.

Busted?....lol

But good point.....It is Medicaid the Federally funded program for the needy... and not Medicare the Federally funded program for those over 65 or with some disability.

As for just Washington state I don't see where anything in my OP indicated anything other than that. But certainly it is news if pharmacies are deciding any program is not worth doing business with.

Busted?....lol

But good point.....It is Medicaid the Federally funded program for the needy... and not Medicare the Federally funded program for those over 65 or with some disability.

As for just Washington state I don't see where anything in my OP indicated anything other than that. But certainly it is news if pharmacies are deciding any program is not worth doing business with.

Not always, Medicaid is funded by state too.

Yup, it is applies to Washington state, however I don't think it is Walgreen's fault because Washington state has issue with budget so have cut Medicaid funds.

I'm gonna feel sorry for those new Medicaid patients getting turned down and they won't be able to afford medications. I would feel even worse if they died because they couldn't get their much need medications.

Yiz

am not happy with WalGreens anyway and won't shop there. Went to Nevada and tried to get them to accept my insurance card.

They said, "Sorry, we don't accept union insurance."

Woman behind me in line said, "Welcome to a 'right to work state'."

If I never go in another Walgreens it will not bother me.

I'm gonna feel sorry for those new Medicaid patients getting turned down and they won't be able to afford medications. I would feel even worse if they died because they couldn't get their much need medications.

Yiz

Yup, they could go to Wal Mart, Target, Rite Aid or local groceries that include pharmacy dept whatever accept Medicaid.

am not happy with WalGreens anyway and won't shop there. Went to Nevada and tried to get them to accept my insurance card.

They said, "Sorry, we don't accept union insurance."

Woman behind me in line said, "Welcome to a 'right to work state'."

If I never go in another Walgreens it will not bother me.

Oh my boy, I regretted about relocated to right to work state in last two years ago.

I prefer to have union if wage is low.

Yup, they could go to Wal Mart, Target, Rite Aid or local groceries that include pharmacy dept whatever accept Medicaid.

Which of course taise the number of Medicaid customers Walmart and Target ect have.....Hurting their bottom line...But that is their problem

Which of course taise the number of Medicaid customers Walmart and Target ect have.....Hurting their bottom line...But that is their problem

Not true, Wal Mart and Target make alot of money from other thing so drugs and foods are consider as loss leader but Walgreen is different story due drugstore that don't have much profit as Wal Mart and Target does.

Not true, Wal Mart and Target make alot of money from other thing so drugs and foods are consider as loss leader but Walgreen is different story due drugstore that don't have much profit as Wal Mart and Target does.

Did I say that it would break them? Your post actually goes to my point in another thread about the health care bill creating a wider divide between the classes. Although the Walgreens decision was not based on the impending HC Bill(that we no of anyway) it is an example of what we can expect. This could be interesting to watch as well

Did I say that it would break them? Your post actually goes to my point in another thread about the health care bill creating a wider divide between the classes. Although the Walgreens decision was not based on the impending HC Bill(that we no of anyway) it is an example of what we can expect. This could be interesting to watch as well

It isn't my opinion because I learned from manager at my ex-workplace and she explained about why food and drug price are cheaper than regular groceries.

I bet that state of WA would change if too many pharmacies won't accept Medicaid because budget in WA state is screwed up so I think they should cut others, probably education but I know it sucks.

Back