Wal-Mart and Dick’s Sporting stores banned rifles since Florida shooting February 14,2018

It will be interesting to see about how play out at court.

The lawsuit has nothing to do with the retailers (Dicks or Walmart) selling or not selling the guns or there age limit restrictions. It has to do with the state of Florida's new gun laws and the feeling by the NRA that it violates their rights under the 2nd Amendment.

Since Dicks is no longer going to sell AR type weapons I don't know what the kid from OR is hoping to gain other than getting his name on the news.

Since Dicks is no longer going to sell AR type weapons I don't know what the kid from OR is hoping to gain other than getting his name on the news.

Read articles above, this kids want to buy shotgun or rifle (not AR-15) at those stores but unable to do it because of minimum age raise to 21.

Where in the federal law has purchase for long guns been raised to 21? Citation needed.

and the feeling by the NRA that it violates their rights under the 2nd Amendment.
Its got nothing to do with "feelings". Its about the law. And my rights. And the 2A.

Read articles above, this kids want to buy shotgun or rifle (not AR-15) at those stores but unable to do it because of minimum age raise to 21.
Since the 2nd Amendment says nothing about age, the retailer can probably set a 21 year old age limit or whatever age limit they want to sell a gun or ammunition.
Amendment II
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

I don't see any age listed in the text, do you? I seriously doubt that the 18 year old kid is in a well regulated militia either and I don't think they are going to protect the security of a free State either.

Where in the federal law has purchase for long guns been raised to 21? Citation needed.
Since an age limit is not listed in the 2nd Amendment, you better get the Congress going to amend it. Using your thinking a two year old should be allowed to purchase guns.

Since the 2nd Amendment says nothing about age, the retailer can probably set a 21 year old age limit or whatever age limit they want to sell a gun or ammunition.
Amendment II
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

I don't see any age listed in the text, do you? I seriously doubt that the 18 year old kid is in a well regulated militia either and I don't think they are going to protect the security of a free State either.

I didn’t mention about 2nd Amendment but I’m simply answered your question about not all rifles are about AR-15 so those stores still sell different kinds of rifles, so it hasn’t nothing with AR-15 because they aren’t sold in those stores.

The federal law hasn’t changed so you can buy long guns like shotgun and rifle if you are 18 years old, but handgun requires 21 years old under Gun Control Act that passed in 1968, think so.

The federal law hasn’t changed so you can buy long guns like shotgun and rifle if you are 18 years old, but handgun requires 21 years old under Gun Control Act that passed in 1968, think so.
However, nothing keeps a retailer from setting their own rules.

However, nothing keeps a retailer from setting their own rules.

You have to answer Cappy’s question above because you made it up by claim that federal law said 21 years old is requirement to buy guns, but actually, it is for handgun only, not long guns.

Speaking about retail store to raise the age to buy long guns, it is out of my scope and it would be up to the court to see if it is constitutional or unconstitutional, so it isn’t my way to interpret so you need talk to judge.

You have to answer Cappy’s question above because you made it up by claim that federal law said 21 years old is requirement to buy guns, but actually, it is for handgun only, not long guns.

Speaking about retail store to raise the age to buy long guns, it is out of my scope and it would be up to the court to see if it is constitutional or unconstitutional, so it isn’t my way to interpret so you need talk to judge.

I said nothing about federal law being 21 years old. All I asked was if he was under 21? If not how does these retailers changes in store policy affect him? The federal law says you have to be 21 to buy a handgun, but it says nothing about what age you have to be to buy a long gun, so it can be argued that retailers can set their own rules since no age is specified. Do you think the NRA would say anything if the retailers said they were going to start selling long guns to 8 year olds? The problem with all weapon sales is no common sense is used and every state has their own set of rules and the NRA is dead set against a national comprehensive gun control.

I'm 57. There are no 8 yr olds lining up to buy long guns. When did that happen? Citations needed. BTW: Why bash the NRA? Why not the SAF? GOA? and other grass root organizations? There are alot more out there protecting my rights from those that don't understand the whole picture and are scared because they dont like it. Imagine living in a place where emotions and feelings dictate what one can and cannot do? There is such a thing as minding your own business and moving on.

I'd much rather be a free man than let the government dictate what I can and cannot do.

Last edited:
There are alot more out there protecting my rights from those that don't understand the whole picture and are scared because they dont like it. Imagine living in a place where emotions and feelings dictate what one can and cannot do? There is such a thing as minding your own business and moving on.

I'd much rather be a free man than let the government dictate what I can and cannot do.
So, what about my rights as a parent to send my child to school without needing to worry about some idiotic hothead gunning down the class? All so folks can have a hobby? Or a security blanket? And in no way am I calling for a gun ban but there needs to be change. Sorry if that scares you.

"Mind your own business. Move on." Really? Let's keep things as they are, since the odds of being personally shot at aren't high. You're not truly free if you need firearms to feel safe. Just a thought.

Back