Wal-Mart and Dick’s Sporting stores banned rifles since Florida shooting February 14,2018

Last time I looked our politicians were owned by the NRA, so it's going to have to come from the Supreme Court and with a conservative court we will not get a ruling anytime soon. However, with how these mass shootings are starting to come more often than they have ever come before who knows what will happen.

What you want me to do? I’m voter and I’m powerless to stop those gun lobby, also currently focus on different issue, especially disability rights.

I’m not NRA enabler so don’t count me as part of NRA, thanks.

What you want me to do? I’m voter and I’m powerless to stop those gun lobby, also currently focus on different issue, especially disability rights.

I’m not NRA enabler so don’t count me as part of NRA, thanks.
Write your person in Congress and your State Senator's,,, Since you live in the part of the country that is controlled by the NRA it will do more good than mine will do in CA since our representatives are for sensible gun laws. A letter to the same people concerning disability rights would also be a step in the right direction. CA has some of the toughest disability rights in the nation.

Write your person in Congress and your State Senator's,,, Since you live in the part of the country that is controlled by the NRA it will do more good than mine will do in CA since our representatives are for sensible gun laws. A letter to the same people concerning disability rights would also be a step in the right direction. CA has some of the toughest disability rights in the nation.

I tried and they won't listen to me, so they will send a pointless template to you so they failed to respond to my concern in EVERY letters.

Don't forget, NRA has 5 millions members, so it is about .015% of country population, but not everyone voted the republicans or conservatives because of NRA, so most of them are related to fiscal concern, such as government spending, taxes and welfare, also oppose to regulation (not related to guns or NRA) or leadership. Bad democrat candidate could land the republican politician in slightly blue district.

You are stuck with two parties that are HUGE package.

Democrat's package - pro-LGBT, anti-gun rights, pro-regulation, more tax on rich people
Republican's package - religious liberty, pro-gun rights, anti-regulation and tax cut

You pick...

I tried and they won't listen to me, so they will send a pointless template to you so they failed to respond to my concern in EVERY letters.

Don't forget, NRA has 5 millions members, so it is about .015% of country population, but not everyone voted the republicans or conservatives because of NRA, so most of them are related to fiscal concern, such as government spending, taxes and welfare, also oppose to regulation (not related to guns or NRA) or leadership. Bad democrat candidate could land the republican politician in slightly blue district.

You are stuck with two parties that are HUGE package.

Democrat's package - pro-LGBT, anti-gun rights, pro-regulation, more tax on rich people
Republican's package - religious liberty, pro-gun rights, anti-regulation and tax cut

You pick...
I'm actually an independent, I vote for the person, not the party. Last election I couldn't bring myself to vote for Trump or Clinton and since their was no way Hillary would lose CA, I voted for Bernie. Trump and Clinton have too many skeletons in their closets and one was as bad as the other, at least I thought that way until Trump won!
The NRA gave approximately $30 mil to the Trump campaign and they gave $20.2 mil to other candidates in 2016 to buy their votes. Sadly these school and public mass shootings will continue to happen and at a faster and faster rate until the people demand that something be done about the gun problem we have. Right now it's about 66% of the American people want more stringent gun control.

Right now it's about 66% of the American people want more stringent gun control.
66% of how many interviewed? 10? 100? 1000? 10,000? What was the sample size and where? There are 325.7M USA citizens. Where and how were they all interviewed?

Last edited:
66% of how many interviewed? 10? 100? 1000? 10,000? What was the sample size and where? There are 325.7M USA citizens. Where and how were they all interviewed?
Sorry Charlie, but poll after poll has similar numbers. Recent polls show that 2/3 of all registered voters want stricter gun control laws and only 25% want them lessoned so that means that an additional 8% are on the fence. No nationally conducted poll uses 10, 100 or even 1,000 respondents, The NRA's polls are truly misleading because they only poll members, perhaps this is what is tripping you up on the number of people who want more stringent gun control. Read up on how polls are conducted if you want to find out how big the sample sizes are, a Google search will show you the way!

Furthermore one poll shows that citizens support an assault weapons ban in 389 out of 435 districts!

Last edited:
A google search says , no one wants to give away their private info. So, your numbers are skewed/screwed? Have you ever recited the Pledge of Allegiance? Have any of your officials that you voted on kept their Oath Of Office to uphold the Constitution? Are they traitors like you?

Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:—"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of ___________ and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

A google search says , no one wants to give away their private info. So, your numbers are skewed/screwed? Have you ever recited the Pledge of Allegiance? Have any of your officials that you voted on kept their Oath Of Office to uphold the Constitution? Are they traitors like you?

Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:—"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of ___________ and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Once again the Constitution of the United States and the Bill of Rights are two separate Documents or were you absent that day in school? The U.S. Constitution was ratified in 1789 and the Bill of Rights was ratified in 1791. The Constitution basically set up how the government was to be run and who had what responsibilities. That is the document you swear to uphold. The Bill of Rights said what rights you had as a citizen. We've already gone over the 2nd amendment, so we don't need to rehash that lesson unless you want me to?

The constitution could change anytime, but it is very, very, very hard to change if not impossible, so that why some politicians rely on judges to exploit our constitution, turned into confusion.

The constitution could change anytime, but it is very, very, very hard to change if not impossible, so that why some politicians rely on judges to exploit our constitution, turned into confusion.
Yes, Article V says the Constitution can only be amended with a 2/3 favorable vote by both the House and the Senate, or by a constitutional convention called for by two-thirds of the State legislatures. So far there has only been one Constitutional Convention and that was the one that was called for the original Constitution, since then there have been other calls for one, but none have gotten the number of votes or states needed to convene one. Once the Convention has been called any thing they come up with to change the original has to receive 3/4 of the states legislatures must vote to approve the changes for the Constitution to be amended. Tall odds for this to happen, particularly in todays political climate.

Hubby was chatting with some Field and Stream employees in the gun department. They were not happy about corporate's decision. Much of their income is on sales commission, and they will be hurt.

Hubby was chatting with some Field and Stream employees in the gun department. They were not happy about corporate's decision. Much of their income is on sales commission, and they will be hurt.

Yep. A result of bullying.
It is a uniquely American issue, and there will be a march in Washington soon over it.
Their intentions are good, but focus on eliminating bullying first, I say.
Then we can take it from there.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, since the sales of some of the guns end up falling into the hands of some people who should not be allowed to own a firearm for various reasons who ultimately end up going on a shooting rampage with the end result of a lot of people being wounded or killed. So yes, they might loose some commission on gun sales, but in the end some people might not be shot by one of these wacko's and go on to live another day so I think the trade is worth it!

Not surprised because Dick's own Field and Stream.

Unfortunately, since the sales of some of the guns end up falling into the hands of some people who should not be allowed to own a firearm for various reasons who ultimately end up going on a shooting rampage with the end result of a lot of people being wounded or killed. So yes, they might loose some commission on gun sales, but in the end some people might not be shot by one of these wacko's and go on to live another day so I think the trade is worth it!

The federal law says that 18 years old can buy long guns, including AR-15, so most stores follow the federal law, that's minimum and it isn't illegal.

If you buy guns so you have to fill the ATF form and pass the background check, required by federal law, so don't blame on store for selling guns because they are following the law.

Yep. A result of bullying.
It is a uniquely American issue, and there will be a march in Washington soon over it.
Their intentions are good, but focus on eliminating bullying first, I say.
Then we can take it from there.

Most bullying victims rather to take their own life over harm or kill others, so bullying has been around for age, even bullying existed in 1950s.

Nikolas Cruz is purely evil, no matter if how bad is his mental health.

The federal law says that 18 years old can buy long guns, including AR-15, so most stores follow the federal law, that's minimum and it isn't illegal.

If you buy guns so you have to fill the ATF form and pass the background check, required by federal law, so don't blame on store for selling guns because they are following the law.
Never blamed the store! If they want to change their policies or even stop selling some guns, it's their right.

Back