VRS, WiFi and new modem

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.. the title of the thread is not referring to the standalone VPs and wifi, you brought that up DHB. MY issue was that the video was not working correctly when it had previously on wifi.

Issue has since been solved.

==============

And... as proof... I asked on my facebook if any of my deaf friends who use VP how theirs are hooked up. Three people so far have answered- 1 is hooked up via ethernet cable, the other two both said their Sorenson nTouch VP is connected via WIFI... so no- at least Sorenson has not 'given up' on Wifi for their standalone VP. I know of at least 2 other deaf who have/use the standalone nTouch but haven't heard from them. I know both have one at home and one at work.

oh my... not again... another pissing match...

fc023cef659417fe47d3f0cecb4a41f39edf701a8826d9d0f678ce56479b49a8.jpg

inference.... I've been scratching my head after reading several posts and ah yea.. I realize that it's a wrong word...

you meant "inTERference"

No.. the title of the thread is not referring to the standalone VPs and wifi, you brought that up DHB. MY issue was that the video was not working correctly when it had previously on wifi.

Issue has since been solved.

==============

And... as proof... I asked on my facebook if any of my deaf friends who use VP how theirs are hooked up. Three people so far have answered- 1 is hooked up via ethernet cable, the other two both said their Sorenson nTouch VP is connected via WIFI... so no- at least Sorenson has not 'given up' on Wifi for their standalone VP. I know of at least 2 other deaf who have/use the standalone nTouch but haven't heard from them. I know both have one at home and one at work.

Show me stand alone ntouch vp with wifi antenna built in, I bet you cant.

Often people confuse wifi even when they used Ethernet, its because when they have WiFi router or modem, sometimes they assume their devices using WiFi even when they actually have Ethernet connected. Have I seen that? You bet it! Many people are inept with networking stuff, they are not well educate to know the difference, hey nothig wrong with that.

And you mentioned VRS in the title,

I dont understand whats the deal with those people with big ego thinking no problems with WiFi, not thinking of average joe that knows nothing about networking, only to get confused about set up, messing up leaving them unable to make calls. At this time, videoconferencing via WiFi is not perfected yet, someday it may, but right now it isnt and if theres glitches, then let it be. The whole point Im trying to say based on my experience, that Ethernet is the best path, period.

Cry crap all you want, it doesnt change a thing.

Like I said to each it's own preferences. Let's move on please.

Show me stand alone ntouch vp with wifi antenna built in, I bet you cant.

Often people confuse wifi even when they used Ethernet, its because when they have WiFi router or modem, sometimes they assume their devices using WiFi even when they actually have Ethernet connected. Have I seen that? You bet it! Many people are inept with networking stuff, they are not well educate to know the difference, hey nothig wrong with that.

And you mentioned VRS in the title,

I dont understand whats the deal with those people with big ego thinking no problems with WiFi, not thinking of average joe that knows nothing about networking, only to get confused about set up, messing up leaving them unable to make calls. At this time, videoconferencing via WiFi is not perfected yet, someday it may, but right now it isnt and if theres glitches, then let it be. The whole point Im trying to say based on my experience, that Ethernet is the best path, period.

Cry crap all you want, it doesnt change a thing.

Ahh so now you are questioning the validity/truthfulness of my friends who USE the products and calling them confused while you haven't been 'in the business' in quite a few years?

Yeah... this thread is D.O.N.E. As Jiro said- it's turning into a schoolyard pissing contest.

Thread closed per OP's request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back